- 7/1/19-7/4/19: Manitou Days | White Bear Lake
- 7/3/2019: Bloomington Summer Fete | Normandale Lake Park
- 7/4/19-7/7/19: Hudson Booster Days
- 6/27/19-07/4/19: Apple Valley Freedom Days | Apple Valley
- 7/2/19-7/4/19: Coon Rapids 4th of July | Coon Rapids Ice Center
- TBA: Forest Lake 4th of July | Forest Lake
- 7/2/19-7/4/19: Richfield Red, White & Blue Days
- 7/4/19-7/14/19: Pan-o-Prog – Lakeville’s Summer Festival
- 7/4/19: Twin Cities Independence Day Events
- 7/10/19-7/14/19: Karl Oskar Days | Lindstrom
- 7/10/19-7/14/19: Maple Grove Days
- 7/10/19-7/14/19: Ramsey County Fair | Maplewood
- 7/11/19-7/14/19: Whiz Bang Days | Robbinsdale
- 7/11/19-7/14/19: Monticello Riverfest | Monticello
- 7/12/19-7/13/19: Andover Family Fun Fest
- 7/12/19-7/14/19: Duk Duk Daze | Northwood Park, New Hope
- 7/13/19-7/21/19: Hopkins Raspberry Festival
- 7/13/19: Anoka Riverfest
- 7/13/19-7/14/19: Dragon Festival | Lake Phalen Park, St Paul
- 7/16/19: Blaine Family Fun Night | Aquatore Park
- 7/18/19-7/21/19: Excelsior Crazy Days Fair & Festival
- TBA: Summer Splash | Zanewood Recreation Center, Brooklyn Park (7/20/18)
- 7/19/19-7/20/19: Spirit of the Lakes Festival | Surfside Park & Beach, Mound
- 7/19/19/-7/20/19: Lowertown Blues Fest | Mears Park, St Paul
- 7/19/19-7/20/19: Minnesota Scottish Fair & Highland Games | Eagan Central Park
- 7/19/19-7/21/19: Chaska Fire & Ice Festival | Firemen’s Park
- 7/19/19-7/21/19: Highland Fest | St Paul
- 7/19/19-7/21/19: Wannigan Days | Taylors Falls/St Croix Falls
- 7/19/19-7/21/19: Rivertown Days | Hastings
- 7/19/19-7/21/19: Lumberjack Days | Downtown Stillwater
- 7/19/19-7/28/19: Rosemount Leprechaun Days | Central Park, Rosemount|
- 7/20/19: Discover Anoka Day & Sidewalk Sale – Anoka Food Truck Festival | Anoka
- 7/20/19: International Festival of Burnsville | Nicollet Commons Park
- TBA: St. Paul Rondo Day | Rondo neighborhood, St. Paul (7/21/18)
- 7/21/19: Open Streets Lake + Minnehaha | Minneapolis
- 7/24/10-7/27/19: Minneapolis Aquatennial
- 7/23/19-7/28/19: Anoka County Fair | Anoka
- 7/24/19-7/28/19: Scott County Fair | Jordan
- 7/25/19-7/27/19: FLOW Northside Arts Crawl | Minneapolis
- 7/25/19-7/28/19: Crystal Frolics
- 7/26/19-7/28/19: Slice of Shoreview Days | Island Lake County Park
- 7/26/19-7/28/19: Chaska River City Days
- 7/26/19-7/28/19 Day Out With Thomas | Duluth (also August 2nd-4th)
- 7/27/19-7/29/19: Loring Park Art Festival | Loring Park, Minneapolis
- Find More Information in our July Festivals Guide
TWIN CITIES INDEPENDENCE DAY & FOURTH OF JULY EVENTS – FREE
MINNEAPOLIS & ST PAUL
- Downtown Riverfront: Minneapolis Red White & Boom
- Fuller Park: Tangletown 4th of July Picnic and Parade
- Langford Park: 4th of July at Langford Park
TWIN CITIES SUBURBAN METRO
Afton: Afton 4th of July Parade and Celebration | Main Street
Anoka: Anoka Fireworks | Castle Field & George Green Park
Apple Valley: Apple Valley Freedom Days
Bloomington: Bloomington Summer Fete | Normandale Lake Park
Chanhassen: Chanhassen’s 4th of July Celebration | City Center Park
Coon Rapids: Coon Rapids 4th of July | Coon Rapids Ice Center
Delano: Delano 4th of July Celebration | 559 North River Street
Eagan: Eagan July 4th Funfest | Eagan Community Center festival grounds
Eden Prairie: Eden Prairie 4th of July Hometown Celebration | Round Lake Park
Edina: Edina 4th of July Parade | Edina City Hall
Excelsior: Lake Minnetonka 4th of July | Excelsior Commons Park
Forest Lake: Forest Lake 4th of July
Lakeville: Pan-O-Prog Fireworks | Lakeville North High School
Maplewood: Maplewood Light it Up | Hazelwood Park
Prior Lake: Rock and Rockets | Mystic Lake Casino
Richfield: Richfield 4th of July Celebration | Veterans Memorial Park
Roseville: Rosefest Party in the Park | Roseville’s Central Park
Shakopee: Shakopee Happy Birthday America Parade | Lions Park
Stillwater: Stillwater 4th of July Fireworks | Lowell Park
St Louis Park: St. Louis Park July 4th Fireworks Celebration | Aquila Park
White Bear Lake: White Bear Lake Fireworks – Manitou Days | Memorial Beach
Woodbury: Woodbury’s Hometown Celebration | HealthEast Sports Center
Minneapolis Music & Movies in the Park | Various parks (schedule here) | Mon-Sat, movies begin 15 min. past sunset. For FFTC’s Guide to FREE Summer Movies around the Twin Cities, click the graphic.
St Paul Movies in the Park | Parks and times vary, check link for schedule
Como Park Zoo & Conservatory | St Paul | Daily, summer hours 10am-4pm | Suggested donation of $2/child & $3/adult, but all are welcome whether or not you choose to donate.
Minneapolis Institute of Arts | Minneapolis | Daily, 11am-5pm
St Paul Music in the Parks | Daily, parks vary
Saturday Live! | George Latimer Central Library, St Paul | Ongoing Saturdays, 11:15am | Fresh entertainment each week including live music, puppetry, magicians and more.
Wee Wednesdays | Midtown Global Market, Minneapolis | Ongoing Wednesdays, 10:30am – 1pm | In the past, MGM has offered dance troupes, cooking lessons, and live animals to entertain kids. Park in the adjacent Midtown Exchange Ramp up to 1.5 hrs. free with validation.
Go Outside with Hennepin County | Hennpin County Government Center South Plaza, Minneapolis & Target Field Station | A farmers market, outdoor movies, trivia and food trucks encourage families to get outdoors and explore the city.
Lil Explorer Thursdays | Como Park Zoo & Conservatory, St. Paul | Ongoing Thursdays, 10am-noon | The hall between the Visitor Center and the Conservatory is filled with hands-on activities, manipulatives, art projects and games perfect for the 4 & under set. Explore a different theme each week.
Twin Cities River Rats Ski Shows | 1758 N West River Rd, Minneapolis | Ongoing Thurs, 6:30pm.
7/6/19: First Free Saturday | Walker Art Center, Minneapolis | 10am-3pm | Activities are geared towards kids ages 6-12, but don’t let that stop you from bringing your littler ones! Free gallery admission for the whole family.
7/6/19: Home Depot Kids Workshop | TC Home Depot locations | 9am-noon | The first Saturday of each month kids get a kit to build, apron and pin while supplies last; adults must accompany children.
7/14/19: Family Day | Minneapolis Institute of Art | 11am-5pm
7/21/19: Target Free 3rd Sunday | Minnesota Children’s Museum, St Paul | 9am-5pm | Explore the newly renovated and expanded museumfree! Keep in mind that this program is very popular and you may wait in line to be admitted.
7/25/19: Cafesjian’s Carousel Free Day | Como Park, STP | 11am-4pm
7/21/19: Open Streets Minneapolis: Lake & Minnehaha | 11am-5pm | Open Streets Minneapolis is a free event bringing together community groups and local businesses to temporarily close major thoroughfares to car traffic, opening them up for people walking, biking, rolling, and playing.
7/27/19: Open Eye Figure Theater Ice Cream Social | Minneapolis | 11am-3pm | Free ice cream cones, carnival games and puppet shows! Sweet way to end July.
Performance in the Park | Town Square & Aquatore Park | Select dates in July
July Free Family Fun Days | Coon Rapids Dam Regional Park | 7/14/19 & 7/28/19, 1-3pm
Summer Concert Series | Coon Rapids Reg Park pavilion | Ongoing Thursdays (NO 7/4/19), 7pm
Stories From the Porch | Eidem Homestead | Bring your chairs or blanket for storytime on the farm (stories read at 10:15 & 11am) followed by free play. | Tues/July starting 7/9/19, 10am-12pm. 7/30/19 from 7-8pm featuring bedtime stories.
Summer Concert Series | Coon Rapids Reg Park pavilion | Ongoing Thurs, 7pm
Springbrook Summer Concert Series | Springbrook Nature Center | 7/16/19, 7pm
Sounds of Summer | Town Green | Includes Kids Have Character, ongoing Thursdays and Movies at Sunset.
Night at the Movies | Townsend Park | 7/26/19, at dusk
Splash & Play Tuesdays | Prairie Park | Ongoing Tuesdays, 10 am
Entertainment in the Park | Hilde Performance Center | Music and live entertainment, 7/11/19-7/25/19
Silverwood OnStage | Silverwood Park | Ongoing Wednesdays, 6:30pm
NORTH ST PAUL
Music in the Parks Summer Concert Series | Casey Lake Park | 7/19/19
Live @ The Rog! Performance Series | Central Park | Ongoing Tues/Thurs/Sun in July
Roseville Puppet Wagon | Roseville parks | Ongoing Tues-Thurs, 9:30-11:30am
Discover Your Parks | Roseville parks | Ongoing Wednesdays, 6:30-8pm
Concerts in the Commons | Shoreview Community Center | Ongoing Wednesdays, 7pm
Shoreview Puppet Wagon | Commons Park | 7/16/19, 6:30pm
WHITE BEAR LAKE
Marketfest | Downtown White Bear Lake | Ongoing Thurs thru 7/25/19, 6-9pm
Music in Kelley Park | Music 6-9pm, food available for purchase, prizes and a splash pad for the kids to cool off in. Ongoing Fridays.
Apple Valley Puppet Wagon | Apple Valley parks, ongoing Mon-Fri
Thursday Rockin’ Lunch Hour Concerts & Thursday Rockin’ Readers | Nicollet Commons Park | Ongoing Thursdays, stay to enjoy the landscaped splash pad!
Friday Night Flicks on the Bricks | Nicollet Commons Park | Ongoing Fridays, 7:30 seating, show at dusk
Paragon Theaters Free Summer Movies | Burnsville Odyssey | Tues-Thurs
Splash Pad Special Events | Highlands Park | Ongoing Fridays, 11am-noon
Pop-Up Splash Pad | Hamlet Park | Water games w/ the fire dept & treats | 7/25/19, 6pm
Summer Concert Series | Hamlet Park | 7/11/19, 6:30pm
Forever Wild Family Friday: Pollinators | Lebanon Hills Regional Park | 6/5/19, 7-8:30pm
Eagan Puppet Wagon | Eagan parks | Ongoing Mon-Fri starting 6/17/19 | Bring a blanket for the shows, then stay after for art projects and interactive activities.
Movie in the Park | Lake Julia Park | Movie at dusk
INVER GROVE HEIGHTS
Terrific Tuesdays | South Valley Park | Ongoing Tues, please check link for park and times
Movies in the Park | Central Park | 7/13/19, dusk
Music in the Parks Series | Central Park | 7/11/19 & 7/18/19, 10am
Puppets in the Park | Rosemount Parks | Ongoing Fridays, please check link for times
Huber Park Performance & Event Series | Ongoing Thurs, 7pm
UNIVERSE IN THE PARKS
July Universe in the Park | 8:30-10pm | See our out-of-this-world Universe in the Park article to get more details on these stargazing opportunities. $7 vehicle permit required in state parks, no fee at nature centers.
WASHINGTON COUNTY PARKS
Woodbury Puppet Wagon | Woodbury parks | Ongoing Mon-Thurs
Starlight Cinema Outdoor Movie Series | Lake Middle School | 7/11/19, Pre-show activities begin at 7pm, movie starts at dusk.
MOA Summer Toddler Tuesdays | Mall of America Rotunda | Ongoing Tuesdays, 10am – noon | Live entertainment and activities guaranteed to excite the stroller set.
July Free Family Fun Days | Richardson Nature Center | Ongoing Sundays, 3-4pm
Moonlight Movies | Red Haddox Field | Ongoing Fridays, 9pm
Arts in the Parks: Monday Morning Kids Series | Moir Park | 10:30am
Nature Rocks! Open House | Eden Prairie Outdoor Center | 9am-noon | Ongoing Saturdays of each month enjoy free family-friendly activities such as hiking, hands-on interaction with live animals, craft projects and more.
Kidstock | Staring Lake Amphitheater | Ongoing Tuesdays, 10:30am
Entertainment at Centennial Lakes Park | Events Sun-Thurs including movies in the park (Thursdays, dusk), live music, kids entertainment (Tuesdays, noon) and farmers markets.
Concerts in the Park | Brookview Park | Ongoing Mondays starting 6/3/19, 7pm
Golden Valley Ice Cream Social | Brookview Park | Live music and free ice cream! 7/8/19, 7pm
Music in the Park & Farmers Market | Civic Center Amphitheater | Ongoing Tuesdays, 7-8:30pm
Kids Entertainment in the Park | Veterans Park | Ongoing Tuesdays, noon. Evening Series, ongoing Thursdays, 7pm.
Huber Park Performance & Event Series | Ongoing Wednesdays
ST LOUIS PARK
Kids Summer Concert Series | Veterans Memorial Park | 7/24/19 & 7/31/19, 10am
Grimm Farmhouse Open House | Carver Park Reserve | Step back in time with interpreters and old-fashioned lawn games | Ongoing Sat, 1-4pm
You don’t have to look far to find a free spot to take a dip in the Twin Cities. Starting early June, the following beaches beckon to little swimmers and charge no vehicle fee or admission:
- Dakota County beaches – 2 locations, no vehicle permit required
- Three Rivers Park District Beaches – 7 unguarded locations
- Minneapolis swimming beaches – 8 locations, 2 with lifeguards
- Ramsey County swimming beach – lifeguards on duty at 5 locations
- Webber Natural Swimming Pool – Minneapolis | Water treated with plants instead of chemicals.
Minneapolis Wading Pools are perfect for the splash set and those just learning to swim. Pools attached to a city public school building will open June 9, all others open Memorial Day Weekend.
Twin Cities Splash Pads – our complete list of spots to chill out all summer long, nearly all are FREE
TWIN CITIES JULY FARMERS MARKETS FAMILY ACTIVITIES
Twin Cities Farmers Markets are usually bustling with free entertainment to lure in families out shopping together. Check our directory for markets that offer the best in live music, produce clubs for kids, storytimes and samples.