We all know the realities of raising kids in the Minnesota: there’s got to be a place to go were we can escape the elements while still allowing those kids to keep playing hard. Our guides are packed full of indoor activities for kids, including playgrounds, waterparks, open gyms, playful coffee shops, storytimes, nature centers and other outings to keep you entertained no matter the weather.
|Twin Cities Indoor Playgrounds & Play Areas||Twin Cities Indoor Waterparks & Pools|
|Twin Cities Open Play, Gym & Swim Spots for Tots||Twin Cities Kid-friendly Coffee Shops & Cafes|
|Twin Cities Kids Storytimes||Twin Cities Nature Centers|
Many Twin Cities museums and historic sites are wonderful places to spend a day indoors and many offers specific indoor activities for kids. We have a collection of highly kid-friendly ones all put together in one spot:
When the temperature extremes have got you down in the dead of winter and the most sweltering of the summer, where do you go? We offer these ideas for extreme weather indoor activities for kids.
- 28+ Days of Cozy Indoor Play in February
- 10 Free & Air-Conditioned Indoor Family Outings
- Minneapolis Recreation Centers
- St. Paul Recreation Centers
Want some ideas for indoor activities for kids that don’t involve packing up the kids and the travel gear that comes with?
- 45+ Fun Indoor Games for Kids of All Ages, Categorized
- Indoor Fun at Home: No Energy, No Space, No TV, No Problem
- Rainy Day Activities in the Rainy Day Guide
- Arts and Crafts Throughout the Year
- At Home Science Activities for Kids