Discover a new outdoor play space! Looking for specifics like a playground, swimming spot or bike trail? Want to find the perfect place to a pitch a tent or your city’s best sledding hill? Search by all of these amenities and more in our Twin Cities Parks & Playgrounds Search. You can even search by city or region of the Metro. Plus, find park hours, fees, directions, pictures and other extras.
Nicollet Commons Park is basically the courtyard of the Ames Center. It is part of the area Burnsville calls the "Heart of the City" (126th Street and Nicollet Avenue). Families will enjoy the park's amphitheater where the city hosts summer concerts, movies and story times. There is also room to picnic and a beautiful water feature.
This park hosts annual events including the International Festival of Burnsville in July, Halloween Fest in October, and a Holiday Lighting Celebration in November. Learn more about these events in the articles linked at the bottom of this page.
Nicollet Commons Park Splash Pad
The splash pad at this park is one of the prettiest I've ever seen. In fact, I hesitated to let my kids play in it until I saw that all the other kids were. It looks like a decorative fountain. If you come for a movie or music, definitely bring your kids' swim suits and towels!
Summer Entertainment at Nicollet Commons Park
- Thursday Rockin’ Readers | Join local school principals for a story time each Thursday in the summer.
- Thursday Rockin’ Lunch Hour | The concert series is geared toward preschool children and includes all our favorite kid bands. (Read why Anne recommends Thursdays at Nicollet Commons: Family Fun: Best Twin Cities Splash Pad & Thursday Rockin’ Lunch Hour)
- Friday Night "Flicks on the Bricks" | Seating at 7:30 p.m, movies begin at dusk.
- Heart of the City Music in the Park – Sunday Night Concerts | 7 p.m.
Articles Related to Nicollet Commons Park
- Splash Happy: Twin Cities Guide to Beaches, Pools, Water Parks & Splash Pads
- FFTC’s Guide to Free and Cheap Summer Movies
- Light It Up: Twin Cities & Greater Minnesota Christmas & Holiday Light Displays
- FFTC’s Guide to Twin Cities Halloween Fun (Halloween Fest)
- Twin Cities July Family Festival Calendar (International Festival of Burnsville)
For more outdoor play ideas:
- 10 of the Best Twin Cities Playgrounds
- 20 Twin Cities Beaches, Parks & Playgrounds to Try This Summer
- Nature Playgrounds in the Twin Cities - Get Back to Green