As the line between late spring & early summer starts to melt away in the rising temps, it’s time to update our master list of best places to swim & splash in the Twin Cities: best beaches, best swimming pools, wading pools, fun water parks and splash pads. We have plenty to choose from. Scroll to the bottom for a quick list of FREE pools, beaches & waterparks. Find your new splash happy spot in Minneapolis, St Paul & the surrounding Twin Cities Metro.
With more than 75 rides and attractions, Valleyfair is the Twin Cities’ amusement park where families come
for thrills and splish-splashing fun with two parks in one!
Discover your next big adventure with the stomach- dropping weightlessness of Wild Thing or the dizzying heights of North Star.
For the little thrill-seekers, Planet Snoopy features 15 Peanuts-themed rides.
Cool off in the area’s premier waterpark and experience ocean-like- waves you won’t find at one of our 10,000 lakes. With waterslides, a ginormous wave pool, two kids’ areas, a looping lazy river, Soak City is the ultimate waterpark experience.
Save on tickets at Valleyfair.com.
Get started planning your best summer yet!
Everything under the sun you need to know about family fun this summer in the Twin Cities. Beat boredom and fill your long school break days exploring the best the Twin Cities has to offer in the way of parks, swim spots, community entertainment and local festivals with our 2023 Ultimate Summer Events Guide.
TWIN CITIES WATER FUN QUICK LINKS
Twin Cities Beaches – Swimming by County
The most popular beaches by county:
- COON LAKE COUNTY PARK: The swimming beach is situated on the northeastern corner of Coon Lake. It’s shallow, sandy bottom extends a nice stretch from the shore. 5450 197th Avenue NE Columbus, MN 55092
- LAKE GEORGE REGIONAL PARK: 3100 217th Ave NW, Oak Grove, MN 55011
- RICE CREEK CHAIN OF LAKES PARK RESERVE: The swimming beach is located on Centerville Lake. Use the address for Rice Creek Campground to navigate; the beach parking lot is across the street. There is a smooth bike trail around most of the lake, and the WARGO NATURE CENTER nearby. 7373 Main St, Centerville, MN 55038.
OPEN: Beaches open early June – Labor Day, 9am-8pm.
FEES: A $7 vehicle permit is required for swimming beaches located in Anoka County parks in 2023.
Managed by Carver County Parks:
BAYLOR REGIONAL PARK: Family-friendly amenities in the park include the swimming beach, disc golf course, campground and an observatory with public programs. 9406 10775, County Rd 33, Norwood Young America, MN 55397. Closed for the remainder of 2023 due to water quality issues.
- LAKE MINNEWASHTA REGIONAL PARK: In addition to the swimming beach, see our list of 10 Ideas for Family Fun at Lake Minnewashta Regional Park. 6900 Hazeltine Boulevard, Excelsior, MN.
- LAKE WACONIA REGIONAL PARK: Head to the swimming beach early if you want to stake out a spot underneath one of the shade umbrellas. 8170 Paradise Ln, Waconia, MN 55387.
OPEN: Memorial Day weekend – the Sunday after Labor Day. Lifeguard service begins June 10, 2023.
FEES: Carver County beaches are FREE; vehicle fees were eliminated in 2019.
- LAKE BYLLESBY REGIONAL PARK: The swimming beach is located in the campground area of the park. 7650 Echo Point Rd, Cannon Falls, MN 55009.
- LEBANON HILLS REGIONAL PARK: Schulze Lake Beach makes the cut on our list of the best beaches in the Twin Cities to try this summer. Clear, cool and feeling removed from the bustle of the city. Amenities include outdoor showers, indoor restrooms and baby changing station and nearby vending machines for snacks, 860 Cliff Road, Eagan, MN 55123.
OPEN: Starting Memorial Day Weekend, 2023.
FEES: There are no vehicle fees to enter the park and use the swimming beaches.
- LAKE GERVAIS COUNTY PARK: 2420 Edgerton Street, Little Canada, MN 55117.
- LAKE JOSEPHINE COUNTY PARK: It’s an short walk to Dairy Queen from this swimming beach! 3027 North Lexington Avenue, Roseville, MN 55113.
- LAKE MCCARRONS COUNTY PARK: 1795 North Rice Street Roseville, MN 55113.
- LONG LAKE REGIONAL PARK: We rate the swimming beach among the top in the Twin Cities Metro area. Plus, the park has winding bike trails, multiple playgrounds and a historic train depot to explore. 1500 Old Highway 8 New Brighton, MN 55112.
- LAKE OWASSO COUNTY PARK: The beach is separated from a sweet little nature playground by Owasso Blvd. 370 North Owasso Boulevard Shoreview, MN 55126.
- TONY SCHMIDT REGIONAL PARK: The swimming beach on Lake Johanna is perfect for parents with young children. 3500 Lake Johanna Boulevard Arden Hills, MN 55112.
- TURTLE LAKE COUNTY PARK: 4979 Hodgson Road Shoreview, MN 55126.
- VADNAIS-SNAIL LAKES BEACH: We’ve included this swimming beach on our list of the 10 BEST PARKS IN SHOREVIEW, MINNESOTA. 4191 Snail Lake Boulevard, Shoreview, MN 55126.
- WHITE BEAR LAKE COUNTY PARK: 5050 Lake Avenue White Bear Lake, MN 55110.
OPEN: Ramsey County beaches with lifeguard service are open Memorial Day-Labor Day. Beaches are open sunrise-sunset (park hours).
FEES: Admission is FREE to swim.
- BAKER PARK RESERVE: The large park has a terrific swimming beach on Lake Independence. Enter at 3800 County Rd 24, Maple Plain, MN 55359.
- BRYANT LAKE REGIONAL PARK: 6800 Rowland Rd, Eden Prairie, MN 55344.
- CARVER PARK RESERVE: The small swimming beach is located on the west half of Lake Auburn. Plan to make a stop at the LOWRY NATURE CENTER while you’re in the sprawling park. 7290 Victoria Drive, Victoria MN 55386.
- CEDAR LAKE FARM REGIONAL PARK: 25875 Juniper Ave, New Prague, MN 56071.
- CLEARY LAKE REGIONAL PARK: 18106 Texas Ave, Prior Lake, MN 55372.
- ELM CREEK REGIONAL PARK: The swimming pond is chlorinated with a sand beach. It’s also close to an elaborate play structure & nature center. $6/pp plus tax. 12400 James Deane Pkwy, Maple Grove, MN 55369.
- FISH LAKE REGIONAL PARK: We include this park, with its swimming beach, in our list of the 10 BEST PARKS IN MAPLE GROVE, MINNESOTA. 14900 Bass Lake Rd, Maple Grove, MN 55311.
- FRENCH LAKE REGIONAL PARK: In addition to the swimming beach on Medicine Lake, your kids will go also go nuts for all the climbing opportunities on the playground. 12605 Rockford Rd, Plymouth, MN 55441.
- LAKE MINNETONKA REGIONAL PARK: The swim pond is chlorinated with a sand beach. $6/pp plus tax. 4610 County Rd 44, Minnetrista, MN 55364.
- LAKE REBECCA PARK RESERVE: 9831 Rebecca Park Trail, Rockford, MN 55373.
- BIG MARINE PARK RESERVE: 17495 Manning Trail N, Marine on St Croix, MN 55047.
- LAKE ELMO PARK RESERVE: The swim pond is chlorinated, has a gently sloping sand bottom and maxes out at 6 feet. 1515 Keats Ave N, Lake Elmo, MN 55042.
- POINT DOUGLAS PARK: The swimming beach is small but located on the lovely confluence of the St Croix and Mississippi Rivers. There is no fee to swim here. 14810 Point Douglas Dr S, Hastings, MN 55033.
- SQUARE LAKE PARK: The lake water at the swimming beach is exceptionally clear and clean. 15450 Square Lake Trail N, Stillwater, MN 55082.
- ST CROIX BLUFFS REGIONAL PARK: 10191 St Croix Trail S, Hastings, MN 55033.
OPEN: Memorial Day – Labor Day, 2023. 9am-8pm.
FEE: A $7 vehicle permit is required w/ the exception of Point Douglas Beach. Each first Tuesday of the month is FREE entry day!
NOTE: The LAKE ELMO SWIM POND at Lake Elmo Park Reserve will open June 10, 2023.
Twin Cities Beaches – Swimming by City
We have some great beaches run by municipalities in the Twin Cities. Find the closest beach by city:
3020 Lakes Pkwy, Blaine, MN 55449
Public beach, splash pad, playground, and water rentals. Open late May – late August, 10am-8pm. $10/non-res, residents FREE.
9140 E Bush Lake Rd, Minneapolis, MN 55438
Make a day of it at East Bush Lake Beach with close proximity to the ginormous HYLAND PLAY AREA and a visit to the RICHARDSON NATURE CENTER. Admission and parking are free. Opens June 1, 2023.
1101 Crystal Lake Rd E, Burnsville, MN 55306
Located on an isthmus between Crystal & Keller Lakes, its highlight is a swimming beach open Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day.
CHANHASSEN AREA BEACHES
6891 Lotus Trail, Chanhassen, MN 55317
This six-acre neighborhood park has two small, unguarded beaches on the shore of Lotus Lake.
7110 Utica Lane, Chanhassen, MN 55317
This is an unguarded, small beach perfect for a peaceful day by the water.
1456 West 78th Street, Chanhassen, MN 55317.
The beach and playground are so close together, that you can watch kids at both from a cozy place in the sand. Opens Memorial Day weekend 2023.
3950 Kings Road, Excelsior, MN 55331.
This is a nice park with an unguarded beach, a good-sized playground and a small picnic pavilion.
3260 Chaska Blvd, Chaska, MN 55318
Firemen’s Park surrounds Clayhole Lake & Swim Beach. We rate this one of the best beaches for families in the Twin Cities with a boardwalk, splash pad, concessions and bike trail nearby. Staffed starting June 9, 2023.
EDEN PRAIRIE BEACHES
16691 Valley View Rd, Eden Prairie, MN 55346
Kids will go crazy for the marine-themed splash pad and treehouse play equipment at the Round Lake Play Area. Older kids might find it fun to rent youth kayaks ($5/hr) or stand-up paddleboards ($8/hr) for Round Lake Beach.
Riley Lake Park Pavilion, 9180 Riley Lake Rd, Eden Prairie, MN 55347
The newly expanded beach at Riley Lake offers a boat launch, picnic areas, grills and a sand volleyball court
OPEN: Beaches are anticipated to officially open June 17, 2023. Until then, swimming is at your own risk.
These beautiful swimming beaches are in the heart of the Twin Cities metro area, mere steps (or bike pedals) away from lots of fun family attractions and outdoor dining spots. Admission to the beaches is FREE.
- BDE MAKA SKA 32ND ST BEACH – Unguarded. 3200 E Calhoun Pkwy, Minneapolis, MN 55408.
- BDE MAKA SKA NORTH BEACH – Unguarded. 2707 Lake Street W, Minneapolis, MN 55416.
- BDE MAKA SKA THOMAS BEACH – Guarded daily from noon to 7pm. 3700 Thomas Ave. S, Minneapolis, MN 55410. (A short walk from the fishing pier)
- CEDAR LAKE EAST BEACH – Unguarded. 2000 Upton Ave. S, Minneapolis, MN 55405.
- CEDAR LAKE POINT BEACH – Unguarded. 2101 Cedar Lake Parkway, Minneapolis, MN 55416.
- CEDAR LAKE SOUTH BEACH – Unguarded. 3500 Cedar Lake Parkway, Minneapolis, MN 55416.
- LAKE HARRIET NORTH BEACH – Unguarded. 4180 East Lake Harriet Parkway, Minneapolis, MN 55409. (Stick around for live music – Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday & Sunday all summer)
- LAKE HARRIET SOUTHEAST BEACH – Unguarded. 4740 Lake Harriet Parkway E, Minneapolis, MN 55417.
- LAKE HIAWATHA BEACH – Unguarded. 4500 28th Ave. S, Minneapolis, MN 55406.
- LAKE NOKOMIS 50TH STREET BEACH – Unguarded. 5000 Lake Nokomis Parkway E, Minneapolis, MN 55417.
- LAKE NOKOMIS MAIN BEACH – Guarded daily from noon to 7pm. 5001 Lake Nokomis Parkway W, Minneapolis, MN 55417.
- WIRTH LAKE BEACH – Guarded daily from noon to 7pm. 3200 Glenwood Ave, Minneapolis, MN 55405.
Reader Recommendation: White Sand Beach
- WHITE SAND BEACH – This unofficial and somewhat secret beach is located along West River Parkway. (This is Minneapolis park land, but not a park.) Once known for its clean white sand, reviewers tell us it is a bit more polluted from bonfires and nightlife than it once was. We would recommend against swimming with kids at this location, as the Mississippi can be dangerous and there are no lifeguards. However, one of my great disappointments moving to Minnesota as an adult was the rocky, dirty beach sand. If you are looking to dig around in whiter & cleaner sand than the typical Minnesota beach offers, this could be your place. 2901 W River Pkwy, Minneapolis, MN 55406.
Minneapolis beaches traditionally open Memorial Day weekend; lifeguards arrive in early June 2023.
MINNETONKA AREA BEACHES
5200 Shady Oak Rd, Minnetonka, MN 55343
Boasts a pretty swimming beach, sand play and water play areas, playground equipment and a fossil dig. Open June 10- August 20, 2023, 10am. $3-$6/pp, discount after 6pm.
NORTH ST PAUL BEACHES
2601 19th Ave ste e, St Paul, MN 55109
A large expanse of sandy beach and the swimming boundaries are relatively small.
1740 E Medicine Lake Blvd, Plymouth, MN 55441.
Note there are no lifeguards at East Beach, see West Beach for lifeguard hours. Open Memorial Day weekend – August 13, 2023. 9am-8pm.
Bring a picnic to grill, a volleyball to play and maybe your fishing gear. Lifeguards are on duty starting June 10, 2023. 1920 W Medicine Lake Dr, Plymouth, MN 55441. Open Memorial Day weekend – August 13, 2023. 9am-8pm.
There is a nearby playground and space to picnic. 15205 County Road 6
Plymouth, MN 55447.
SAINT PAUL BEACHES
1600 Phalen Dr, St Paul, MN 55106
Complete with a playground, splash pad (open starting June 15) and water craft rentals.
OPEN: Memorial Day weekend, then June 3-4 & regular beach hours starting June 10, 2023. 12-8pm.
FEES: Admission is FREE.
3175 Century Ave S, Woodbury, MN 55125
Clean, sandy & threaded with hilly little bike trails and a bike park. The beach is unguarded and swim-at-your-own-risk.
Want the best? For more beachy ideas, try our list of 20 Twin Cities Beaches & Playgrounds To Try This Summer.
Is This Beach Safe to Swim In?
Each year, beaches get closed because of high bacteria levels – particularly E. coli – or blue green algae growth. So how do you know whether the water quality of a beach is safe for swimming? Many municipalities and park systems routinely monitor and proactively close beaches if bacteria levels exceed state guidelines, usually before any sickness is reported. This information is publicly available online. To avoid disappointment, you may want to check before heading out. The Minnesota Department of Health has conveniently created a list of public beaches that are regularly monitored.
State Park Beaches Near the Twin Cities
These State Park beaches are all a one-hour drive or less from the Twin Cities.
6959 Peller Ave S, Hastings, MN 55033
The swimming beach is a strip a sandy shore along a shallow and peaceful area of the St. Croix River. The DNR marks out the swim area with buoys during the summer season. Find the beach near the lower picnic area, which is a half mile hike from the nearest parking lot.
Snelling Lake Trail, St Paul, MN 55111
We love Fort Snelling’s beach year round for its close proximity. Lifeguards are on duty from Memorial Day to Labor Day.
Lake O’ the Dalles, St Croix Falls, WI 54024
The unguarded swimming beach and beach house is on the Wisconsin side of the park on Lake O’ the Dalles, approximately 15 minutes from the Minnesota side.
16821 O Brien Trail N, Marine on St Croix, MN 55047
The swimming beach is on Lake Alice, a picturesque, spring-fed lake with a sandy shore.
Learn more about each of these state parks, family-friendly amenities and nearby attractions here: 9 Twin Cities Metro-Area Minnesota State Parks
Twin Cities Water Parks & Outdoor Pools – by City
Whether you prefer a water park or public swimming pools, find the best outdoor pools in Minnesota. Many of these pools offer swim lessons as well.
1551 7th Ave, Anoka, MN 55303
Sat-Sun & holiday noon-7pm, Mon-Fri 3-7pm. Anticipated opening date: no later than June 7 – August 27. 2023 fees: $6-$8/pp.
14421 Johnny Cake Ridge Rd, Apple Valley, MN 55124.
June 8 to August 25. 2023 fees: $13/pp.
311 150th St W, Apple Valley, MN 55124.
June 8 – August 25. 2023 fees: $5/pp.
201 E 90th St, Bloomington, MN 55420
Tot Open Swim times, Mon-Fri, 11am-noon for ages 0-6 (Don’t forget to pack swim diapers). Open June 1 – August. 2023 fees: $7-$10/pp, discount after 4pm.
701 County Rd A, Coon Rapids, MN 55448
Minnesota’s largest outdoor water park entertains with a wave pool, waterslides, lazy river, splashy play areas and activity pools. Open June 10 – August 27. 2023 fees: $13-$19/pp, discount after 4pm.
4848 Douglas Dr N, Crystal, MN 55429
Open June 10 – August 20. 2023 fees: $7-$9/pp, discount after 5pm.
1360 Civic Center Dr, Eagan, MN 55122
Sand and water play areas dedicated to little ones, water slides, a lazy river and a miniature golf course. Swimmers purchase either a half-day session ticket or all-day access ticket. June 9 – August 27. 2023 fees: $10-$19/pp.
4300 W 66th St, Edina, MN 55435
Wave simulator, cable zipline ride, pirate-themed kiddie pool complete with pirate ship, and an outdoor playground. There is also a 50-meter lap pool for serious swimmers to get their lap swim in. Opens June 8. 2023 fees: $10-$13/pp, discount after 5pm.
2401 Upper Afton Rd E, Maplewood, MN 55119
Sand play area, 3-story waterslide, zero-entry pool. June 10 – August 20. 2023 fees: $5-$7/pp, discount after 6pm.
12951 Weaver Lake Rd, Maple Grove, MN 55369
Open for outdoor swimming May 29, June 3-4 & then regular summer hours. 10am-6pm. 2023 fees: $8/pp.
MINNEAPOLIS SWIMMING POOLS & WATERPARKS
4300 Webber Pkwy, Minneapolis, MN 55412
The pool water is naturally treated with plants instead of chemicals. Zero-depth entry for the littlest swimmers. FREE admission!
1701 Golden Valley Rd., Minneapolis, MN 55411
The most affordable water park in the Twin Cities includes water slides and a splash pool. FREE admission for kids/teens; adult chaperones $3; adult swimmers: $5.
1520 Johnson St NE, Minneapolis, MN 55413
Amenities include: water slides, tube slide, log water walk, spray fountains, zero-depth entry. There is a shade pavilion area, toilet facilities, drinking fountains and outside showers and lockers in the waterpark area. Pre-season hours prior to June. 2023 fees: $3-$5/pp
4411 Xylon Ave N, New Hope, MN 55427
Includes a shallow water recreation area with body slides and a vortex pool. Open June 3-4 & June 8 – August 20. 2023 fees: $10-11/pp.
630 E 66th St, Richfield, MN 55423
Includes a wading pool and main pool. Open starting June 9. 2023 fees: $9-$11/pp, discount after 4pm.
1101 Adams St S, Shakopee, MN 55379
Chlorinated water with a sand bottom and beach, slides and special discount days. Open June 9 – August 20. 2023 fees: $3-$7/pp, discount after 5pm.
SOUTH ST PAUL
635 18th Ave N, South St Paul, MN 55075
Located in Northview Park, the pool has a diving board, a climbing wall, a bathhouse and concession stand where swimmers can buy snacks. 2023 fees: Daily admission is $4/pp.
ST LOUIS PARK
3700 Monterey Dr, St Louis Park, MN 55416
Aqua obstacle course, slides, wet sand play area and splash playground. There are locker rooms and a concession area at this park. Tot Time is Monday-Friday, 10-11am. 2023 fees: $6-$15/pp, discounts after 4:30pm.
ST PAUL SWIMMING POOLS
1151 Wynne Ave, St Paul, MN 55108
Features a zip line, climbing wall, lazy river and separate splash pool. Saturday Tot Time at Como, 9:30 to 11:00am, $8 per parent/child pair. Open June 10-11 & regular hours starting June 15 – September 4. 2023 fees: $4-$7/pp. Twilight discount.
1840 Edgcumbe Rd, St Paul, MN 55116
Children’s activity pool, diving well & slide. Tot times on Saturday mornings from 9:30am-11am when only the splash zone is open. Open May 28-29, June 3-4, June 10-11 & regular hours starting June 15. 2023 fees: $4-$7/pp. Twilight discount.
37200 Wild Mountain Rd, Taylors Falls, MN 55084
Wild Adventure Island Waterpark offers fun for both thrill-seekers and those seeking lazy fun in the sun, with interactive water feature including water cannons, jets, slides and a 350-gallon dumping bucket as well as a lazy river. Wet and dry rides available. Day passes can include one or both. If you plan to visit more than once in a season, than a season pass will save you money after your second visit.
Budget Tip: If you have a favorite Twin Cities water park, look for discounts on annual passes January – March.
Vacation-worthy Water Parks:
The Best Twin Cities Splash Pads & Wading Pools – By City
For showers of fun, find all the details and our MASTER LIST of Twin Cities-area splash pads and water playgrounds.
APPLE VALLEY SPLASH PAD
6855 Fortino St, Apple Valley, MN 55124
BLAINE SPLASH PAD
Includes a beach & splash pad. 3020 Lakes Pkwy, Blaine, MN 55449.
BLOOMINGTON SPLASH PAD
8700 Bloomington Ave S, Bloomington, MN 55425
BURNSVILLE SPLASH PADS
The splash pad is located at the playground within CLIFF FEN PARK. 120 Cliff Rd E, Burnsville, MN 55337.
The beautiful water feature is the focal point of the city’s main public gathering space. Pick a Thursday for Rockin’ Readers and Thursday Rockin’ Lunch Hours in Nicollet Commons Park beginning in June. The water feature at Nicollet Commons is open the third weekend in May through the third weekend in September, weather permitting. 12550 Nicollet Ave, Burnsville, MN 55337.
CHAMPLIN SPLASH PAD
7200 117th Ave N, Champlin, MN 55316. Onsite snack bar and restrooms. Splash pad closes for inclement weather and temps below 65 degrees. Open May through September.
CHASKA SPLASH PAD
The park contains interactive fountains (along with a lovely beach, boardwalk, playground and other amenities). 3210 Chaska Blvd, Chaska, MN 55318.
COLUMBIA HEIGHTS SPLASH PADS & WADING POOLS
The Huset Park splash pad usually opens the first day of public school summer vacation. 3965 Jefferson St NE, Columbia Heights, MN 55421.
- MCKENNA PARK – The park contains a small, shallow wading pool. 4757 7th St NE, Columbia Heights MN.
- RAMSDELL PARK wading pool – 4956 Johnson St NE, Minneapolis, MN 55421.
COON RAPIDS SPLASH PAD
2880 Coon Rapids Blvd NW, Coon Rapids, MN 55433
COTTAGE GROVE SPLASH PAD
6975 Idsen Ave S, Cottage Grove, MN 55016
CRYSTAL SPLASH PAD
The park contains interactive fountains to splash in. 5530 Douglas Dr N, Crystal, MN 55429.
650 River St N, Delano, MN 55328.
EAGAN SPLASH PAD
Open 9am-8pm, except Wednesdays when it closes at 2pm to prepare for the outdoor market. 3333 Pilot Knob Rd, Eagan, MN 55121.
EDEN PRAIRIE SPLASH PADS
8208 Eden Prairie Rd, Eden Prairie, MN 55347.
16691 Valley View Rd, Eden Prairie, MN 55346.
HOPKINS SPLASH PAD
301 2nd St N, Hopkins, MN 55343.
MAPLE GROVE SPLASH PAD
The large city park contains interactive fountains and an amazing playground. 12000 Central Park Way, Maple Grove, MN 55369.
MINNEAPOLIS SPLASH PADS & WADING POOLS
Check out our master list of free Minneapolis wading pools (my kids call it “the baby pool”) to see which pools best fit your needs.
- Many Minneapolis pools have feature fancy splash features including WABUN PARK WADING POOL, LAKE HIAWATHA WADING POOL and WAITE PARK WADING POOL Open daily 10am-9pm.
- THE COMMONS splash pad (downtown Minneapolis) – 425 Portland Ave S, Minneapolis, MN 55415.
- FRANKLIN STEELE SQUARE splash pad – 1600 Portland Ave S, Minneapolis, MN 55404.
- New in 2022: PHELPS FIELD PARK splash pad – 701 E 39th St, Minneapolis, MN 55407.
OTSEGO SPLASH PAD
13355 90th St NE, Otsego, MN 55330.
ROBBINSDALE SPLASH PAD
Abbott Ave N, Minneapolis, MN 55422
ROSEMOUNT SPLASH PAD
2893 145th St W, Rosemount, MN 55068.
ROSEVILLE WADING POOL
Contains a small, shallow wading pool. 2590 Fry Street, Roseville MN 55113.
SHAKOPEE SPLASH PAD
The park includes a whimsical splash pad and an inclusive, fun-for-all playground. 1103 Adams St S, Shakopee, MN 55379.
SOUTH ST. PAUL WADING POOL
The splash pool charges a small fee of $2-3.50/pp. 756 3rd Ave S, South St Paul, MN 55075.
ST ANTHONY VILLAGE SPLASH PADS
- EMERALD PARK SPLASH DECK – 3925 MacAlaster Dr NE, St Anthony, MN 55421.
- CENTRAL PARK SPLASH DECK – 3503 Silver Lake Rd NE, Minneapolis, MN 55418.
ST LOUIS PARK SPLASH PAD
The deluxe splash pad is FREE for residents, $1/non-res. 3201 Rhode Island Ave S, St Louis Park, MN 55426.
ST PAUL SPLASH PADS
- CONWAY RECREATION CENTER splash pad – 2090 Conway St, St Paul, MN 55119.
- ROY WILKINS PARK splash pad – 900 Marion St, St Paul, MN 55117.
- PHALEN PARK & BEACH splash pad – 1600 Phalen Dr, St Paul, MN 55106.
- PARQUE DE CASTILLO splash pad – 149 Cesar Chavez St, St Paul, MN 55107.
WEST ST. PAUL SPLASH PAD
230 Bernard St W, West St Paul, MN 55118.
WOODBURY SPLASH PAD
The splash pad is located next to Madison’s Place Playground, an all-access playground. 4125 Radio Dr, Woodbury, MN 55129.
- Both Dakota County beaches. Note that Dakota County Parks require a vehicle permit, which is not free.
- Three Rivers Park District’s 7 unguarded beaches; their guarded beaches have a small fee. Three Rivers does offer a needs based program, which can include free swimming at guarded beaches.
- Washington County Parks beaches. Note that Washington County Parks require a vehicle permit, which is not free.
- All five of Ramsey County swimming beaches.
- All Minneapolis swimming beaches
- Anoka County beaches – 3 locations, $6/vehicle permit.
- Carver County swimming beaches – 2 locations, $5/vehicle permit.
- Lakeside Commons Park & Beach in Blaine. Free for residents only; bring proof of residency. Non-residents pay $5.
- Phalen Beach, St. Paul – Free, Open 12pm-8pm.
- Webber Natural Swimming Pool – Awesome pool, but we recommend calling ahead before heading out. There is a daily capacity limit and the pool closes when the balance is off.
- All Minneapolis Wading Pools – including the popular Waite Park and Wabun wading pools.
How To Make A Backyard Splash Pad:
Is 2023 the year to get creative and make your own backyard splash pad? You could start with a pop bottle sprinkler.
Ocean beaches? Nope. Surfing? Maybe in Duluth, if you like it cold. Spring Break? We’re more likely to have a blizzard than beach day. We recommend Florida or the Gulf of Mexico for fun in the sun in spring. Mosquitoes? Yep. They’re our unofficial state bird.
Minnesota will never be anyone’s idea of a great beach vacation. But, we LOVE our summers like no where else, and our metro area provides plenty of fun in the sun for the whole family!
Raise your hand if you’re more than ready for a road trip this summer! A venture to Duluth Minnesota often
San Diego is an amazing family vacation spot. After Anne, Joy, and I traveled there for a conference in 2019,
Discount Disney Theme Park Tickets It’s definitely no secret that the Family Fun Twin Cities Team is always on the