In 2023, the 4th of July is a Tuesday. Whether you have an Independence Day Go-To Plan or you like to switch things up each year, we’re collecting the details for you. To make it easier, we list fireworks displays first and then list celebrations separately by area of the metro. It is early days for our first pass in February. We’ll keep adding and updating so you have plenty of time to plan your holiday. In the meantime, last year’s events are often good indicators of what to expect this year.
What is the best Fireworks Show in the Twin Cities Metro? If you know of an event — free or paid — that you’d like to see added, please leave a comment at the bottom of this article. Thanks!
Sparklers to Pyrotechnics – Minnesota Personal Fireworks Laws & Fireworks Safety
If you just want to know where you can find fireworks, we’ve got the list here. Scroll down for more family fun on the 4th of July. (There are still a handful of municipalities that have not announced dates. Blue entries are still 2022. Black entries are updated for 2023. We will continue to update and add info as it is announced.)
Friday, June 30th
- RICHFIELD: Richfield Ice Arena & Bandshell, 636 E 66th St, Richfield, MN 55423. A Laser Light Show show at 10:45pm follows am evening of family fun.
Saturday, July 1st
- HAM LAKE: Ham Lake Lions Park, 1220 157th Ave NE, Ham Lake, MN. Fireworks show at 10pm, after a full day of festival fun.
Sunday, July 2nd
- Hudson: Lakefront Park, First Street, Hudson, WI 54016. Fireworks at 10pm, after a full day of festival fun.
- Splurge: Fireworks Cruise and Fireworks Dinner Cruise, St. Croix River Cruise, 98 Walnut Street, Hudson, Wisconsin 54016. Tickets $25-$55 (with or without dinner buffet ).
Monday, July 3rd
One of these events is my go-to option when I have to work on the 5th and don’t want to stay up late on the 4th.
- ANOKA: Castle Field, 600 Castle Field Blvd, Anoka, MN 55303. Fireworks at 10pm.
- BLOOMINGTON: Normandale Lake Park, 5901 West 84th Street, Bloomington, MN 55438. Fireworks at dusk
- EDEN PRAIRIE: Sparklefest, Round Lake Park, 16691 Valley View Road, Eden Prairie, MN55347. Mini Kids Fireworks – No loud booms at this show 6pm-9:45pm.
Tuesday, July 4th
- APPLE VALLEY: Johnny Cake Ridge Park East, Apple Valley, MN 55124. Arrive early for a pre-fireworks family party beginning at 6pm; fireworks at 10pm. Note: The official site has not been updated, but other sources state this is going forward.
- BLAINE: National Sports Center, 1700 105th Ave NE Blaine, MN 55449. Fireworks at 10pm.
- CHANHASSEN: Lake Ann Park, 1456 West 78th Street, Chanhassen, MN 55317. Fireworks at 10pm.
- COON RAPIDS: Coon Rapids Ice Center, 1100 Crooked Lake Boulevard, Coon Rapids, MN 55433. Fireworks at 10pm.
- EAGAN: 1501 Central Pkwy, Eagan, MN 55121. Fireworks at 10pm.
- EDEN PRAIRIE: Round Lake Park, 16691 Valley View Road Eden Prairie, Minnesota 55346. Fireworks at 10pm.
- EDINA: Rosland Park, 4300 W 66th St, Edina, MN 55435. Fifes and drums start at 8pm. First John Sousa Memorial Band concert at 8:45. Fireworks at dusk.
- EXCELSIOR: Excelsior Commons, 135 Lake St, Excelsior, MN 55331. South Lake Minnetonka. Fireworks at 9:50pm.
- FOREST LAKE: Lakeside Memorial Park, 95 E Broadway Ave, Forest Lake, MN 55025. Fireworks at 10pm.
- LAKEVILLE: Lakeville North High School, 19600 Ipava Ave, Lakeville, MN 55044. Fireworks at 10pm.
- MAPLEWOOD: Hazelwood Park, 1663 County Rd C E, Maplewood, MN 55109. Fireworks at 10pm.
- PRIOR LAKE: Mystic Lake Casino, 2400 Mystic Lake Blvd NW, Prior Lake, MN 55372 – Festivities include Food Trucks and Gin Blossoms concert beginning at 5pm. Fireworks at 10pm. FREE.
- ROSEVILLE: Central Park, 2540 Lexington Avenue North, Roseville, MN 55113. Fireworks over Bennett Lake at 10pm.
- SHAKOPEE: Valleyfair, 1 Valley Fair Drive, Shakopee, MN 55379 – SPLURGE on a family day at the theme park — 10pm fireworks included with park admission $32.99/pp+.
- STILLWATER: Lowell Park, 201 Water St N, Stillwater, MN 55082. Fireworks at dusk.
- Splurge: Fireworks Cruise and Fireworks Dinner Cruise, St. Croix River Cruise, 98 Walnut Street, Hudson, Wisconsin 54016. Tickets $25-$55 (with or without dinner buffet . Cruises without dinner will have concessions to purchase on a cash basis).
- ST LOUIS PARK: Aquila Park, 3110 Xylon Ave S, St Louis Park, MN 55426. Fireworks at 10pm.
- WACONIA: Lake Waconia Regional Park, 8170 Paradise Ln, Waconia, MN 55387
- WOODBURY: M Health Fairview Sports Center, 4125 Radio Dr., Woodbury, MN 55129. Fireworks at 10pm.
- WHITE BEAR LAKE: Manitou Days Fireworks – Memorial Beach, 4980 Lake Ave, White Bear Lake, MN 55110. Fireworks set to music 8pm-11pm.
- DULUTH JULY 4th GETAWAY: Bayfront Festival Park, 350 Harbor Dr, Duluth, MN 55802. Featuring live music all day and fireworks at 10:10pm. 10 Best Things To Do in Duluth with Kids in the Summer.
INDEPENDENCE DAY FAMILY FUN EVENTS AROUND THE TWIN CITIES
MINNEAPOLIS 4th OF JULY EVENTS
Minneapolis Red White & Boom
Downtown Minneapolis Riverfront, Minneapolis, MN 55414.
Celebrate America’s birthday in Minneapolis. In 2023, Minneapolis will offer family-friendly celebrations at these parks:
- Lake Harriet Park: 10am to Noon
- Lake Nokomis Park: 1pm-3pm
- Logan Park: 3pm-5pm
- Victory Park: 1pm-3pm
Find details here. We will update when we know more.
Tangletown 4th of July Picnic
Fuller Park, 4802 Grand Ave. S, Minneapolis, MN 55419.
Annual festival featuring music by the Roe Family Singers, food trucks, a parade at 9:30am – decorate your bike, wagon or self and join in. Party is 10am-1pm. Bouncy house wristband $5. 2023 TBA.
SAINT PAUL FOURTH OF JULY CELEBRATIONS
4th of July at Langford Park
30 Langford Park, Saint Paul, MN 55108.
Picnic, parade, fun run, music, speeches, scavenger hunts! More details TBA, FREE. 2023 TBA
TWIN CITIES NORTHWEST METRO 4TH OF JULY EVENTS
National Sports Center, 1700 105th Ave NE Blaine, MN 55449
Fireworks start at 10pm. July 4th. FREE.
Coon Rapids 4th of July
Coon Rapids Ice Center, 11000 Crooked Lake Blvd NW, Coon Rapids, MN 55433
Parade (Sunday at 1pm), children’s activities, carnival, music, hot rod car show (Saturday 5pm-11pm) and fireworks at 10pm on Tuesday the 4th. This year’s celebration is July 2-July 4, 2023, FREE.
Ham Lake Freedom Festival
Ham Lake Lions Park, 1220 157th Ave NE, Ham Lake, MN 55304
Attendees can participate in kids’ activities, partake in free pulled pork sandwiches, listen to live music bands, and watch fireworks at 10pm. Saturday, July 1, 2023.
Happy Birthday America Parade
Hilde Performance Center, 3500 Plymouth Blvd., Plymouth, MN 55447
Decorate bikes and strollers starting at 10am followed by a parade and live kids music. 2023 TBA 10am-noon; FREE.
TWIN CITIES NORTHEAST METRO 4TH OF JULY EVENTS
Forest Lake 4th of July
Forest Lake, MN 55025
Carnival & entertainment each day; parade Saturday, fireworks on the 4th. June 30-July 4, 2023. 2023 Schedule of Events.
Maplewood Light it Up
Hazelwood Park, 1663 County Rd C E, Maplewood, MN 55109
Food trucks, family games and activities, live music and fireworks display at 10pm. 2023 TBA; 4pm-10pm.
Rosefest Party in the Park
Roseville Central Park, 2540 Lexington Avenue North, Roseville, MN 55113
Carnival activities, inflatable fun, puppet shows, live music all day and fireworks at 10pm. July 4, 2023; 2pm-10pm.
Stillwater 4th of July Celebration
Lowell Park, 201 Water St N, Stillwater, MN 55082.
Huge fireworks display over the St. Croix River, live music and fun around town — historic trolley, ice cream shops, parks. 4pm-Dusk.
WHITE BEAR LAKE
Memorial Beach, 4980 Lake Ave, White Bear Lake, MN 55110
Medallion hunt, Chalk My Logo event, Marketfest & farmer’s market, children’s fishing contest, parade, fireworks at dusk on the 4th, beach dance. June 15 – July 4, 2023.
TWIN CITIES SOUTHEAST Metro 4TH OF JULY EVENTS
4th of July Parade and Celebration
Afton, MN 55001
This annual Main Street celebration includes food, drinks, music trolley rides and parade. Festival 11am-3pm. Parade 1pm.
Apple Valley Freedom Days
Johnny Cake Ridge Park East, Apple Valley, MN 55124
DJ, music, dancing games, food vendors, sand castle building, yoga on the beach and play area for kids. 4pm-10pm. Fireworks at 10pm on the 4th. 2023 TBA.
July 4th Funfest
1501 Central Parkway, Eagan, MN 55121
Eagan Community Center festival grounds buzzes with a bike parade, carnival, music, parade and fireworks. July 3-4, 2023.
4th of July Kids Parade
Lake Elmo Ave N, Lake Elmo, MN 55042.
Kids can decorate their trike, bike, wagon or lawn tractor and join the parade. Free ice cream to follow at Lake Elmo Lions Park. 2023 TBA, activities start at 11am, parade at noon.
Lakeville North High School, 19600 Ipava Ave, Lakeville, MN 55044.
Live music, inflatables. Bring chairs or blankets. Fireworks at dusk. July 4, 2023; 4:30pm-10:30pm.
Woodbury’s Hometown Celebration
M Health Fairview Sports Center, 4125 Radio Dr, Woodbury, MN 55129.
Family Fun begins at 6pm with a kids zone full of bounce houses and open play in the green space and Madison’s Place Playground; live music, food trucks onsite at 7pm, fireworks at 10pm. July 4, 2023.
TWIN CITIES SOUTHWEST METRO 4TH OF JULY EVENTS
Bloomington Summer Fete
Normandale Lake Park, 5901 West 84th Street, Bloomington, MN 55438.
Family Fun Zone usually includes activity booths, face painting, balloon animals, bounce houses, slides and more. Live Music on the 84th Street Kids Stage. Fireworks at dusk. July 3, 2023; 5-10:30pm..
4th of July Celebration
City Center Park, 7700 Market Blvd, Chanhassen, MN 55317
Lake Ann Park, 1456 West 78th Street, Chanhassen, MN 55317 (Fireworks)
Parade & kiddie parade, carnival games and rides, kiddie games, live music and fireworks. July 2-4, 2023.
Eden Prairie 4th of July Hometown Celebration
Round Lake Park, 16691 Valley View Road Eden Prairie, Minnesota 55346
Staring Lake Park, 14800 Pioneer Trail, Eden Prairie, MN 55347
Friday: Outdoor Big Band Concert at Staring 6:30pm; Sunday: 6pm-9:45pm Kids Sparklefest – children’s entertainment, food vendors, mini-fireworks at Round Lake. Monday: 3pm-10pm: Live entertainment, vendors, beach open, and Fireworks at 10pm at Round Lake. 2023 TBA.
Edina 4th of July Fireworks, Concert & Parade
Rosland Park, 4300 W 66th St, Edina, MN 55435 (Fireworks & Concert)
Edina City Hall, 4801 W 50th St, Edina, MN 55424 (Parade)
Celebrate America’s independence and patriotism with a 1-hour parade beginning and 10am and featuring veterans, marching bands, floats, horses, musicians, clowns, and more. The First John Philip Sousa Memorial Band will play a special Independence Day concert at 8pm. Fireworks at dusk. July 4, 2023.
Lake Minnetonka 4th of July
Excelsior Commons Park, 135 Lake St, Excelsior, MN 55331.
Morning races, 11 am kids parade, popsicle social and fireworks at dusk. July 4, 2023, 7:30am-10pm.
Lil Sparkler Celebration
Richfield Ice Arena, 636 E 66th St, Richfield, MN 55423
Family Night with food trucks, touch-a-truck, kids’ dance, ice skating, outdoor movie and a laser light show. Friday, June 30, 2023, 5pm-11pm.
SAINT LOUIS PARK
July 4th Fireworks Celebration
Aquila Park, 3110 Xylon Ave S, St Louis Park, MN 55426.
Concessions, vendors, musical entertainment by DJ Bob from 7-10pm, and fireworks set to music at 10pm. July 4, 2023, 7-10pm.
Happy Birthday America Parade
Shakopee Lions Park, 1103 Adams St S, Shakopee, MN 55379.
Decorate your wheels (trikes, bikes, wagons, etc.) and join this parade. Popsicles and entertainment to follow. FREE, This event is on Friday, July 1st. Staging starts at 10am with the parade at 10:30am. 2023 TBA.
Celebrate the Red, White & Blue
SandVenture Aquatic Park, 1101 Adams Street South, Shakopee, MN 55379.
Special Independence day hours. 11am-4pm. $5-$7/pp. Tuesday, July 4, 2023.
July 4th Fireworks
Lake Waconia Regional Park, 8170 Paradise Ln, Waconia, MN 55387
Fireworks begin at dusk. Consider arriving early for a day at the beach. Pack a picnic and grill out. There is a small playground near the picnic shelter. Carver County has recently eliminated its vehicle fee. FREE. July 4, 2023.
6 thoughts on “4th of July, 2023: Spectacular Fireworks & Independence Day Fun”
July 4 has been celebrated as the birth of American independence. Each area of the united states celebrates the holiday differently. All celebrations have certain elements in common. Also, you can get a basic guide above to celebrating the 4th of July in the American style.
Thanks for the quick history lesson, Helen. It’s always good to know what we’re celebrating.
I found this article very helpful, you are sharing amazing content, thanks for sharing.
Thanks for your work on organizing the information.. Its perfect for my family.
Thank you, Martin. I hope you had a great 4th!