Round Lake Park has amenities that include playground equipment, a splash pad, a swimming beach, biking and hiking trails, a skate park, an ice rink, picnic areas, and sports fields. Eden Prairie hosts its July 4th fireworks at this park. The park has permanent and portable restrooms. There is off-street parking near the sport fields.
13 Ideas for Family Fun at Round Lake Park
- Pack a picnic: Hot or Cold Lunch -- this park has grills available in the picnic area or you can bring your own to make your picnic a cookout.
- Go for a swim on the beach and/or Splash on the Splash Pad.
- Bring your volleyball for a game on the the sand court.
- Play kickball on the baseball field. Bring a playground ball.
- Challenge your kids to a game of HORSE on the basketball court.
- Volley a tennis ball back and forth.
- Take a family bike ride Bike Ride. Find a Printable PDF Map of the Park - Including Trails Here.
- Go Fishing. The city maintains a fishing pier and the small lake is stocked with Black Crappie, Yelow Perch, and Walleye.
- Hike around the park. The path around the lake is one mile.
- Take a spin on the merry-go-round and play on the playground.
- Try out the skate park with your skateboard, inline skates or even your BMX bike.
- Rent a canoe, kayak or stand-up paddleboard.
- In the winter, skate on the ice rink or hockey rink.
Round Lake Park Playground & Splash pad
The free splash pad is a unique sprinkler-like fixture. Unlike some splash pads, it does not operate continuously. Instead, users can turn it on by pressing a button that is located on the back of the red megaphone sprayer. It will automatically turn itself off again after a certain amount of time. Families can find the splash pad in the playground area. Splash pads hours are daily from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m., between Memorial Day weekend and Labor Day.
Our kids have enjoyed being able to run freely between the marine-themed fountains and the treehouse-ish play structure adjacent. The playground also features quite the unique merry-go-round. Makes us sick just to look at it, but it probably won't faze your older kids. In May of 2019, the City resurfaced the rubber play surface of this playground.
Round Lake Park Beach
The beach season starts mid-June and runs through late August. The beach is guarded from 11:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. daily. Families can also rent water crafts by the hour, between 10:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m. Prices are reasonable and choices include canoes, stand-up paddleboards and youth kayaks.
Round Lake Skate Plaza
The skate park has concrete ramps, hubba and grind ledges, china bank, stairs, hand rail, flat bar and more. Skateboarders, in-line skaters and BMX bikers may all use this park. Skating is allowed during open park hours (6am-10pm).
Birthday Parties at Round Lake Pavilion or Building
Eden Prairie Residents may rent the park's building or pavilion between April and October. The pavilion holds up to 200 people and the building has a capacity of 60. The pavilion's amenities include 12 picnic tables, electricity, and a drinking fountain. Residents can rent a half-day or a full day.