Because dining out can be considered family fun…right? All “Kids Eat Free or Cheap” entries have been personally verified and are updated regularly. However, because they are subject to change without notice, please call or check the website in advance – especially if you are visiting a local chain of a national restaurant. Scroll to the bottom for national chains. The table below can be searched and sorted by restaurant name, city or day of the week.
One nice thing about Kids Eat Free deals is that they usually indicate family friendly restaurants and often that they are fun restaurants for kids. Another indicator would be kid-friendly entertainment:
This post is brought to you by
Bob Miller Magician!
Big Laughs and Wide-Eyed Amazement
Catch him at:
♠ El Toro in Champlin. Fridays, 6 pm-8 pm.
♥ Broadway Pizza, Saturdays 5:30-7:30
Blaine – 1st & 3rd Saturdays
Plymouth – 2nd & 4th Saturdays
♣The Lookout Bar & Grill, Maple Grove, Wednesdays, 5:30 -7:30
♦ Or Book Him For A Private Party!
Click here for more information.
Please call ahead to verify that these locations are open for dining and that they are currently honoring Kids Eat Free deals.
Kids Eat Free or Cheap Twin Cities List:
Important Note: If you are viewing this list on your phone, you’ll need to scroll to the right to see the deal details. We include some family dinner deals that are “as good as” kids eat free but possibly called something else (i.e. Family Night or $1.49 Tacos).
- Sort this list by day of the week. Want to know where to find Free Kids Meals today? This list can be sorted to by the day of the week to find Kids eat free Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday or Sunday specifically.
- Sort or search by restaurant. If you want to search for your favorite restaurant by name (ie: Texas Roadhouse kids eat free; Willy McCoys kids menu or Pizza Ranch free kids meals)
- Sort or search by Minnesota city. We have kids meal deal listings in Albertville, Andover, Apple Valley, Arden Hills, Blaine, Bloomington, Brooklyn Park, Burnsville, Champlin, Chaska, Columbia Heights, Coon Rapids, Crystal, Eagan, Eden Prairie, Edina, Elk River, Golden Valley, Ham Lake, Hastings, Hopkins, Hugo, Inver Grove Heights, Lakeville, Lino Lakes, Maple Grove, Maplewood, Minneapolis, Minnetonka, Monticello, New Brighton, Oak Park Heights, Plymouth, Ramsey, Richfield, Rogers, Roseville, Saint Louis Park, Saint Paul, Savage, Shakopee, Vadnais Heights and Wayzata.
NATIONAL CHAINS WITH MULTIPLE LOCATIONS
The following is a list of National Chains that often offer Kids Eat Free Nights. Some leave the offer up to the individual restaurant owners. In those cases, we suggest you call your nearest restaurant for more details.
Tuesdays are the best days for Free Kids Meals at National Chains
• Chilis – Tuesdays: 99¢ kid’s meal per adult entree purchased. Call your favorite location to verify. (Verified for Roseville 11/6/18.) Tip: sign up for Chilis’ email Rewards Program to get any-time coupons for free kids meal. These coupons land in my inbox regularly.
• Denny’s – Tuesdays, 4-10 pm: One free kid’s meal per adult entree purchased. Valid at 13 Metro locations. (Verified 1/19/18)
• Famous Daves – Tuesdays FREE Lil’ Wilbur Meal* with purchase of an adult entrée. Call ahead on this one though, or check the link because it is a limited time deal and not all restaurants participate. Their is a drop down menu at the link showing several Twin Cities participating restaurants. (Verified 10/31/2019)
• Perkins – Tuesdays, 4-8pm: Kids 12 & under get one free kids meal per adult entree purchased. Call your favorite location to verify.
• Sonic – Tuesdays – Family Night, 5 Close: Half-Price Cheeseburgers for everyone (not just kids). Locations: Bloomington, Columbia Heights, Elk River, Saint Paul, Savage.
• TGI Fridays – Tuesdays. Kids eat free on Tuesdays. Not all locations participate. Call your favorite location to verify.
Kids Eat Free Every Day at these National Chains
• Boston Market – Daily: While Boston Market doesn’t offer a specific Kids-Eat-Free Deal, they do offer a daily family dinner special in the form of their Family Meals ranging from $20-$40 depending on the number of servings. They also offer lemon slices for water. Because my goal, with Kids Eat Free deals is to feed my family of six for $40 or less, this amounts to pretty the same thing. These work great when you have kids with tiny appetites. (Verified 10/31/2019)
• Culvers – Daily: Kids 12 & under receive 1 free frozen custard per kids meal purchase. (Verified 10/31/2019)
• Holiday Inn – Daily: Kids 12 & under receive 1 free meal with adult purchase. According to my phone call with the St. Paul Holiday Inn, any Holiday Inn with an attached restaurant offers Kids-Eat-Free to their guests. You do need to be a guest of the Hotel to get this deal. In St. Paul, the attached restaurant is The Liffey. (Verified 10/31/2019)
• International House of Pancakes (IHOP) – Kids eat free everyday from 4-10 pm., but not at every location all the time. Call your favorite location to verify.
National Chains – Owner Discretion
• Applebees– Applebees allows its individual stores to determine kids deals. There are 10 locations in the Twin Cities. I’ve not come across any good deals, but haven’t visited them all. Drop us a line if you know of one. Call your favorite location to verify.
• Firehouse Subs – Five Twin Cities locations. Kids Eat Free Nights are at the discretion of the individual stores. Call your favorite location to verify.
Feed Your Kids for Free When Traveling The US
Who better than local parents to recommend where to dine when traveling. Bookmark these pages from our our friends around the country when you are traveling. If you are locally traveling to Rochester, Minnesota, we recommend ROCHESTERfamilies Kid’s Meal Deals.
• Alabama – Huntsville via Rocket City Moms
• California – Los Angeles via MomsLA
• California – Oakland via 510Moms
• Florida – Lakeland & Winterhaven via Lakeland Mom
• Florida – Pensacola via Pint-sized Pensacola
• Illinois – West and Southwest Suburbs of Chicago via Kidlist
• Illinois – Champaign-Urbana via Chambana Moms
• Indiana – Terre Haute / Wabash Valley via Haute Happenings
• Indiana – Indianapolis via Indy with Kids
• Kansas – Kansas City via iFamiilyKC
• Kentucky – Elizabethtown via EizabethtownFamily
• Kentucky – Lexington via lexfun4kids
• Kentucky – Louisville via Louisville Family Fun
• Louisiana – New Orleans via Pint-Sized NOLA
• Michigan – Ann Arbor via Ann Arbor with Kids
• Michigan – Grand Rapids via GRKids
• Michigan – Kalamazoo / SW Michigan via KZooKids
• Nebraska – Omaha via Family Fun in Omaha
• New Jersey – New Jersey via Jersey Family Fun
• South Carolina – Greenville via Kidding Around Greenville
• Tennessee – Nashville Area via Nashville Fun For Families
• Texas – San Antonio via San Antonio Mom Blogs
• Washington – South Puget Sound via Sounds Fun Mom
• Wisconsin – Milwaukee/Waukesha Countyv via Lake Country Family Fun
• Wisconsin – Appleton & Green Bay via Go Valley Kids
Want some other good dining ideas? Check out these articles:
- FFTC’s Guide to Kid-Friendly Food Trucks
- 10 Spots for Outdoor Summer Dining with Kids in the Twin Cities
- Sweet and Savory: Twin Cities Summer Dining with Kids
- Twin Cities Fast Food Play Areas – A reader-sourced review. Leave your own recommendations in the comments.
- Free Food for Kids – Free Summer Meals for Minnesota Kids.