Things to do in Minneapolis-St Paul this weekend!
July 20-21, 2019
July 19-20: Spirit of the Lakes Festival | Surfside Park & Beach, Mound
Highlights: Kids activities in the park both days, Lake Minnetonka historic boat tours FREE with festival button, and fireworks at dusk.
July 19-21: Chaska Fire & Ice Festival | Firemen’s Park
Highlights: Friday Beach Bash, Fun in the Park (Sat) & free root beer floats (Sun)
July 19-21: Highland Fest | St Paul
Highlights: ArtStart activities, live music and your chance to climb the Highland Park water tower.
July 19-21: Wannigan Days | Taylors Falls/St Croix Falls
Highlights: Kids parade through Taylors Falls (Fri), lumberjack shows & fireworks (Sat).
July 19-21: Rivertown Days | Hastings
Highights: Kids dime carnival, bubble activities (Sat) and Rivertown Days Parade (Sun).
July 19-21: Lumberjack Days | Downtown Stillwater
Highlights: Daily lumberjack shows, children’s entertainment and the parade (Sun).
July 19-21: Rosemount Leprechaun Days | Central Park, Rosemount
Highlights: Puppets in the Park (Fri), free open skate, kids parade & entertainment (Sun).
July 20: International Festival of Burnsville | Nicollet Commons Park
Highlights: Cultural entertainment performances & Kids Village with free & inexpensive activities. 3-9pm.
Highlights: Walk or bike along Lake, explore local businesses.11am-5pm.
NIGHT AT THE MOVIES (OR THEATER)
Bring lawn chairs, blankets and picnic dinners. Enjoy FREE movies and live theater performances in Twin Cities parks all summer long.
- Honey, I Shrunk the Kids | Highland Park Community Center, St Paul | 10pm
- The Merry Wives of Windsor by Classical Actors Ensemble | Newell Park, St Paul | 7pm
- Captain Marvel | Lake Harriet Bandshell, Minneapolis | 7:30pm
- The Incredibles 2 | Normandale Park, Bloomington | Movie begins at 9pm
Pass the popcorn! Find our complete listing of free Summer Movies in the Park.
Drop-in puppet-building workshop that uses recycled materials, puppet film festival, a free picnic lunch & free performances. 9am – 5pm, FREE.
WEEKEND ANYTIME FUN
- Visit your favorite splash spot – or find a new one! Jump over to our complete Twin Cities Guide to Water Fun. Minneapolis beaches are also open and FREE to visit.
- Use our Parks Search to discover a new playground.
Always free to visit weekends: