August 17-18, 2019
Aug 16-18: Ki Chi Saga Days | Vilhelm Moberg Park, Chisago City
Music, craft fair and food vendors, fireworks, parade.
Aug 16-18: North Hudson Pepper Fest | North Hudson, WI
Rides, games, Grand Parade. $2-$3/button for events.
Aug 16-18: Heritage Days Festival | St Paul Park
Grande Day Parade, Kids Zone filled with games and a petting zoo, fireworks.
Aug 16-18:Blue Heron Days | Lino Lakes
Movie in the Park: Wonder, parade on Lake Drive, petting zoo, bounce house, family picnic, Waldoch Farm tours.
NIGHT AT THE MOVIES (OR THEATER)
Bring lawn chairs, blankets and picnic dinners. Enjoy FREE movies and live theater performances in Twin Cities parks all summer long. Please note: we do include movies that are rated PG-13 due to an increase of parents asking us for options for their teens and tweens. Almost without exception, all activities we feature on our website we hope you will enjoy together as a family.
Pass the popcorn! Find our complete listing of free Summer Movies in the Park.
FAMILY FUN IN THE PARKS
Family Fishing Event
Want to fish on the river but lack the skills and equipment? The Minnesota DNR is offering free clinics for families this weekend. Learn how to tie fishing knots, practice casting, baiting, and fishing with all gear provided.
- Fri, Aug 16: Boom Island Park | Minneapolis | 4-8pm
- Sat, Aug 17: Hidden Falls Regional Park | St. Paul | 9am-1pm
- Sun, Aug 18: Lake Rebecca Park | Hastings | 9am-1pm
Sat, Aug 17: Experience Adventure | Taft Park, Richfield
Three Rivers Parks is hosting an adventurous afternoon at Taft Park: rock climbing, a zip line, fishing, geocaching and more. 1-5pm, FREE.
WEEKEND ANYTIME FUN
- Visit your favorite splash spot – or find a new one! Jump over to our complete Twin Cities Guide to Water Fun. Minneapolis beaches are also open and FREE to visit.
- Use our Parks Search to discover a new playground.
Always free to visit weekends: