School’s out and your family is just itching to explore beyond the backyard. We have the scoop on your community entertainment – live music in the parks, family festivals, swimming and splash pads, the puppet wagon and lots more to keep you busy this summer.
Get started planning your best summer!
Everything under the sun you need to know about family fun this summer in the Twin Cities. Beat boredom and fill your long school break days exploring the best the Twin Cities has to offer in the way of parks, swim spots, community entertainment and local festivals with our 2023 ULTIMATE GUIDE TO SUMMER EVENTS IN THE TWIN CITIES.
TWIN CITIES NORTHWEST METRO SUMMER EVENTS 2023
Not the Twin Cities community you’re searching for? We’re also covering the following:
Andover summer festivals
Look for the Zoomobile, Kidzart, magic & juggling shows, and donkey-pulled wagon rides. July 7-8, 2023.
Andover swimming & beaches
701 County Rd A, Coon Rapids, MN 55448
Much of the sprawling Bunker Hills Park lies in Andover; the BUNKER BEACH WATER PARK is located within the park though its address is technically Coon Rapids. The waterpark is Minnesota’s largest outdoor venue. Open June 10-August 27, 2023. 11am-7pm. $15-$19/pp.
Blaine parks – summer events
Tom Ryan Park, 10802 Town Square Dr NE, Blaine, MN 55449
Live summer entertainment, many acts very kid-friendly. Kicks off with special Saturday concerts on June 10, 11am & 2pm. Then, most Tuesdays (kids night) & Thursdays, 6pm starting June 13, 2023.
Aquatore Park, 9191 Lincoln St NE, Blaine, MN 55434
The includes family beach party, carnival, petting zoo, dance party. June 23-25, 2023.
FREE kids carnival games, safety vehicles on display, and inflatables. 2023 date TBA.
Blaine swimming & beaches
3020 Lakes Pkwy, Blaine, MN 55449
Public beach, splash pad, playground, and water rentals. $10/non-res, residents FREE. The beach opens June 1, 2023.
Brooklyn Center parks – summer events
Brooklyn Center community parks
West Palmer Park, 7110 Palmer Lake Drive, Brooklyn Center, Minnesota 55430
Activities for kids followed by a puppet storytime in the park. June 10, July 15 & Aug 19, 2023. 10am, FREE.
Movies are schedule to start at dusk. Titles will be listed on Facebook @BrooklynCenterRec closer to the movie date.
- July 17, 2023 – Lions Park, 5501 Russell Ave N, Brooklyn Center, MN 55430
- July 28, 2023 – Evergreen Park, 7112 N Bryant Ave, Brooklyn Center, MN 55430
- August 3, 2023 – Centennial Park, 6301 Shingle Creek Parkway, Brooklyn Center, MN 55430
- August 14, 2023 – Northport Park, 5600 France Ave N Brooklyn Center, MN 55429
- BROOKLYN CENTER ENTERTAINMENT IN THE PARK – Live music in the park – bring your blanket and a picnic. Ongoing Tuesdays June 13-August 15, 2023. Amphitheater, Centennial Park. 6301 Shingle Creek Parkway, Brooklyn Center, MN 55430
- KIDS CONCERTS – Special entertainment & tunes for the kid set. June 15 & August 17, 2023, 10:30am.
Brooklyn Center summer festivals
Centennial Park, 6301 Shingle Creek Pkwy, Brooklyn Center, MN 55430
A family friendly day filled with activities, entertainment and food. June 17, 2023, 11am-7pm.
Brooklyn Center summer library events
6125 Shingle Creek Pkwy, Brooklyn Center, MN 55430
The BROOKDALE LIBRARY is a branch of the Henenpin County Library system. We recommend this library for its creative castle-and-dragon theme. See the library events calendar for upcoming summer programs.
Brooklyn Park parks – summer events
Brooklyn Park community parks
Brooklyn Park Rec on the Go
A free program at rotating parks for kids ages 5–18 (or younger with parents), offerings to include art, science, water days, sports, group games and slime. Free summer meals & snacks served to kids and families. Learn more about Rec on the Go in Brooklyn Park and register for your location.
Plaza Park, 85th Ave N and Broadway, Brooklyn Park, MN 55443
Live music, arts activities and food trucks. June 24, 2023, 1-4pm.
Brooklyn Park community entertainment
Brooklyn Park Community Center, 5600 85th Ave N, Minneapolis, MN 55443
- TUESDAY MUSIC ON THE LAWN
- Kids might enjoy fishing in the stocked sunfish pond.
Brooklyn Park summer festivals
Featuring emergency vehicles, visiting royalty, live music, and community organizations. June 3, 2023, 11am.
North Hennepin Community College, 7411 85th Ave N, Brooklyn Park, MN 55445
A free family event with food, games and educational activities. June 17, 2023, 1-7pm.
At Zanewood Recreation Center with free family activities, games, prizes and music. July 7, 2023, 5-7pm. FREE.
Brooklyn Park historic sites
Travel back and experience the historic farm through farm tours, hayrides, old-time demos and special events during the summer.
- BROOKLYN PARK HISTORY DAY – Self-guided tours and demos on the farm.
- EIDEM FARM “OPEN GATE” HOURS – Help with chores, explore the gardens, see the animals and more.
- STORIES FROM THE PORCH
- FAMILY CONCERTS AT THE FARM
Read all about our trip with the kids to the HISTORIC EIDEM FARM with kids.
Brooklyn Park summer library events
8500 W. Broadway Ave., Brooklyn Park , MN 55445
The BROOKLYN PARK LIBRARY is a branch of the Henenpin County Library system. We recommend this library for its creative play-and-learn area. See the library events calendar for upcoming summer programs.
Coon Rapids parks – summer events
9750 Egret Boulevard, Coon Rapids, MN 55433
It’s always exciting to take a walk over the rushing dam! There’s also a visitor center to explore, a nature play area and playground equipment. Anoka County charges a $6 vehicle permit fee.
- SUMMER CONCERT SERIES at the park pavilion. Ongoing Thursdays, June 1-August 3, 2023. 7pm.
Coon Rapids summer festivals
11000 Crooked Lake Blvd NW, Coon Rapids, MN 55433
Held at Boulevard Plaza with a parade, carnival, live music & fireworks. July 2-4, 2023.
Coon Rapids swimming & beaches
701 County Rd A, Coon Rapids, MN 55448
Can brag of its title as Minnesota’s largest outdoor water park. The fun features include a wave pool, lazy loop river, twisted towers and an adventure pool. Admission is $15-$19/pp taking into account a twilight special rate. June 10-August 27, 2023.
Fridley parks – summer events
Concerts are held at Springbrook Nature Center, commons Park and Civic Campus – with a kids concert featuring Kids Power with Rachel on August 5th at 11am at Springbrook. The remainder of the concerts are on Tuesdays at 7pm.
Fridley summer festivals
The annual summer event celebrates with a festival and parade. June 15-17, 2023.
Fridley nature playground
100 85th Ave NW, Fridley, MN 55432
The centerpiece of the new nature playground is a sandy play space kids can pump their own water into. Dress for a mess. Plan to spend time in the nature center exploring the exhibits.
Maple Grove parks – summer events
Want to get out and play in Maple Grove parks this summer? Try starting with our list of the best: Maple Grove Family Fun: 10 Close-To-Home Parks to Explore This Summer.
12400 James Deane Pkwy, Maple Grove, MN 55369
Elm Creek has it all. The largest in the Three Rivers Parks system, it contains a nature center, miles of hiking and smooth biking trails, a sand-bottomed swimming pond, a huge playground, disc golf, archery and a variety of wildlife.
- EASTMAN NATURE CENTER – Hands-on exhibits for kids, a puppet theater and costumes. 13351 Elm Creek Rd, Maple Grove, MN 55369.
- ELM CREEK PLAY AREA – One of two largest playgrounds in the state!
Maple Grove community entertainment
- SOUNDS OF SUMMER 2023 concerts include kids shows on Thursdays at 10:30am. Live shows also performed Monday & Thursday nights at 7pm. June 26-August 31, 2023. Town Green, 7991 Main Street, Maple Grove, MN.
- MOVIES AT DUSK – Fridays at dusk July 14-September 29, 2023.
Maple Grove summer festivals
Family Zone is set aside for families to create together, plus games, music, food and sidewalk chalk art. June 10-11, 2023.
Maple Grove swimming & beaches
12420 James Deane Pkwy, Maple Grove, MN 55369
Located within the sprawling ELM CREEK PARK RESERVE, the pond is chlorinated, guarded and has a sandy bottom and beach. No charge to enter the park, but $6/pp plus tax to swim. Opens Memorial Day Weekend in 2023.
12951 Weaver Lake Rd, Maple Grove, MN 55369
The outdoor pool is open during the summer months. Water park features include a lazy river, tumble buckets, log walk, tot slide and water sprays outside and an indoor pool as well. $8/pp.
New Brighton parks – summer events
Summertime means MORE time to explore! If you’re looking for something to do in New Brighton parks with kids, start with our list of the BEST PARKS IN NEW BRIGHTON and surrounding communities!
- Home to the NEW BRIGHTON HISTORY CENTER MUSEUM – visit the restored train depot and let your kids climb aboard the caboose. June thru September the museum exhibits are open weekends from 1-4pm and are free. 700 Park Drive, New Brighton, MN 55112.
RHUBARB FEST – A whole spread of rhubarb treats available for purchase at the historic New Brighton History Center. June 4, 2023.
- New Brighton History Museum
New Brighton summer festivals
New Brighton’s largest community-wide event includes a grand parade, duck races, fireworks and a youth fun zone. August 11-13, 2023.
New Brighton swimming & beaches
1500 Old Highway 8, New Brighton, MN 55112
The large beach makes our list of the Top 20 Beaches in the Twin Cities. Beach season is Memorial Day – Labor Day, 2022. FREE.
Plymouth community entertainment
- ENTERTAINMENT IN THE PARKS – Live concerts at the Hilde Performance Center. Please see the link for dates & times as they vary each week. Starts June 16, 2023. 3500 Plymouth Blvd, Plymouth MN.
- SUMMER BEACH SERIES includes a bonfire at EAST MEDICINE LAKE PARK (May 25), a PLAY DAY at PARKERS LAKE PARK (June 23) and a night of music at Medicine Lake (August 11) 2023.
- MUSIC IN PLYMOUTH – July 6, 2023.
Plymouth summer festivals
Join in the bike parade – decorating kits provided! June 29, 2023, 10am–12pm.
Activities include inflatables, games, face painting and other entertainment. Some free activities, others included in $8 wristband. Hilde Performance Center. August 17, 2023, 5-8:30pm.
Plymouth swimming & beaches
12605 Rockford Rd, Plymouth, MN 55441
Along the north shore of Medicine Lake, the park offers an award-winning play area, a swimming beach, fishing and lighted trails. Entrance to the park and beach are free.