The Twin Cities practically sings in the summer. Every corner of the metro is full of music and a lot of it is FREE! What could be better? Not much! Enjoy strains of strings, rhythms of rockers and energy of ethnic music.
Where possible, we provided a basic schedule, but we highly recommend checking the websites – especially if the date falls near a holiday. Times and schedules are subject to change and most events are weather dependent.
Get started planning your best summer!
Everything under the sun you need to know about family fun this summer in the Twin Cities. Beat boredom and fill your long school break days exploring the best the Twin Cities has to offer in the way of parks, swim spots, community entertainment and local festivals with our Ultimate Summer Events Guide.
Enter our Summer to Remember Family Adventure!
FFTC is taking back the year of 2020 starting NOW! We invite you to help us make a “Summer to Remember” with our fun family challenge. Enter your adventures each week to win prizes from our fantastic partners: Wheel Fun Rentals, Kerfoot Canopy Tours, Snapology, and SweetSpot Baseball. Each week is a new opportunity to win! Enter 6 adventures to be entered into our grand prize drawing from Kerfoot Canopy Tours: a family pack worth worth $360.Sign up at this link: https://www.familyfuntwincities.com/summer-to-remember-adventure/
ONGOING SUMMER MUSIC – MINNEAPOLIS & ST PAUL
THE FOLLOWING EVENTS HAVE BEEN CANCELLED FOR 2020.
Music & Entertainment in the Parks, St. Paul
Daily with FREE concerts, family movies, theater productions and more. A complete listing of events & locations is available to download at the link.
- Como Lakeside Pavilion: Daily, 7pm; Sunday afternoons (a few events at the pavilion are not free)
- Mears Park: Tuesday & Wednesday, Noon
- Rice Park: Mondays, Noon
Minneapolis Music in the Parks, 6 venues presenting music nightly. Note: While the music is free, you may need to pay for parking. While more and more pay slots take credit cards, not all do.
- Lake Harriet Band Shell: Mon-Tues & Thurs-Sat, 7:30 pm; Sun, 2 &5:30 pm
- Nicollet Island Park: Mondays, 7 pm
- Father Hennepin Bluff Park: Tuesdays, 7 pm
- Minnehaha Park: Wednesday-Friday, 7 pm
- Bryant Square Park: Tuesday &Thursday, 6:30 pm
Groovin’ in the Garden | Como Park Zoo & Conservatory
FREE concerts, a climbing wall, bounce house, and lawn games for kids, and food available for purchase. Ongoing Wednesdays at 6pm.
Twin Cities Jazz Fest | Mears Park, Lowerton & other St Paul venues
July 7-28, 2020: Bands on the Boulevard | Minnesota History Center
Remember, admission to the highly kid-friendly History Center is FREE Tuesdays from 3-8pm! Ongoing Tuesdays in July, 6:30pm.
Irish Fair of Minnesota | Harriet Island, St Paul
Free admission & live Irish music. Note, parking is paid and sometimes difficult to find. (Aug 7-9, 2020)
Scroll Down to See More Summer Music
TWIN CITIES NORTH METRO
- June 16-Aug 18, 2020: Tuesdays (kids night) & Thursdays, 6pm
COON RAPIDS: Summer Concert Series | Coon Rapids Regional Park performance pavilion
- Ongoing Thursdays June 4 – August 6, 2020: 7pm, FREE (no vehicle permit)
- Usher in the Week, Mondays 7pm
- Find The Joy, Wednesdays 7pm
- Kids Have Character,Thursdays 10:30am
NORTH ST. PAUL: Music in the Parks Summer Concert Series | Casey Lake Park
- June 18, July 23 & Aug 13, 2020: 6 or 7pm
OTSEGO: Splash & Play Tuesdays | Prairie Park
Cool off in the park’s splash pad and enjoy kids entertainment.
- June 9-Aug 18, 2020: Ongoing Tuesdays, 10am
PLYMOUTH: Entertainment in the Park | Hilde Performance Center
Concerts, community theater & movies.
- Ongoing Thursdays in 2020, download a full schedule at the link.
ROSEVILLE: Live at The Rog! Performance Series | Frank Rog Amphitheater, Central Park
- June 14 – Aug 16, 2020: Ongoing Sun, Tues & Thurs. 6 or 7pm
SHOREVIEW: Free Wednesday Concerts at Shoreview Community Center
TWIN CITIES SOUTH METRO
APPLE VALLEY: Music in Kelley Park
Music, food available for purchase, prizes and a splash pad (opens June 17) for the kids to cool off in.
- Starts July 10, 2020: Ongoing Fridays, 6-9pm.
- Ongoing Thursdays, plus enjoy the landscaped splashpad. [CLOSED FOR 2020]
CHASKA: Free concerts and entertainment at Firemen’s Park & City Square Park
- Kids Entertainment Series – Firemen’s Park Stage, 10:30 Tuesdays
- Evening Concerts – Fireman’s Park State, 7pm Wednesdays
- Evening Concerts – City Square Park Gazebo, 6:30pm Fridays
EAGAN: Eagan Market Fest | Eagan Central Park Festival Grounds
The grounds buzz with weekly concerts and themed nights including one devoted solely to families.
- June 3 – Aug 26, 2020: Ongoing Wednesdays, 4-8pm
SHAKOPEE: Performance & Event Series | Huber Park
- Starts May 28, 2020: Ongoing Thursdays, 7pm
TWIN CITIES WEST METRO
BLOOMINGTON: Arts in the Parks at Moir Park & Normandale Bandshell. All schedules at this link.
- Monday Morning Kids Series: June 8 – Aug 10, 2020 | Moir Park,10:30am
- Wednesday Midweek Music & Market Series: July 8 – Aug 19, 2020 | Bloomington Civic Plaza, 5:30-7:30pm
- Thursday Night Blockbuster Series: June 11 – Aug 13, 2020 | Normandale Lake Bandshell, 7pm
BLOOMINGTON EVENTS HAVE BEEN CANCELLED FOR 2020.
- Eden Prairie Players Presents | Staring Lake Amphitheater; Fridays & Saturdays, 7 p.m. & Sundays, 6 p.m.
- Kidstock at Staring Lake Amphitheater. Tuesdays, 10:30am.
- Starring at Staring Concert Series at Staring Lake Amphitheatre; Sundays, Thursdays and Fridays. See the City Calendar for dates and details.
STARRING AT STARING IS CURRENTLY THE ONLY EVENT TAKING PLACE IN 2020.
EDINA: Centennial Lakes Park is a haven for FREE summer entertainment! Events are held daily Sun-Thurs and include family-friendly concerts at the outdoor amphitheater.
- Tuesday Kids Concerts at Maezold Amphitheater. Tuesdays, 12pm.
EXCELSIOR: Excelsior Concerts in the Park | The Commons
- Select Wednesdays 2020: 7-9pm
GOLDEN VALLEY: Golden Valley Concerts in the Parks | Brookview Park
- June 1-Aug 10, 2020: Ongoing Mondays, 7pm
CANCELLED FOR 2020.
HOPKINS: Hopkins Sunset Series | Downtown Park
- June 11 – August 13, 2020: Thursdays, 7pm
MINNETONKA: Entertainment in the Park | Minnetonka Civic Center Amphitheater
- Music in the Park ongoing Tuesdays.
RICHFIELD: Entertainment in Augsburg Park
- Kids Shows: June 9 – July 28, 2020, 11am
- Evening Series: June 9 – Aug 4, 2020, 6:30pm
CANCELLED FOR 2020.
WAYZATA: Wayzata Summer Concert Series | Depot Park
TWIN CITIES EAST METRO
STILLWATER: Stillwater Summer Tuesdays | Lowell Park
- Ongoing Tuesdays June 30 – Aug 11, 2020: 6pm
DRIVE IN MOVIES WILL BE FEATURED IN 2020.
WHITE BEAR LAKE: White Bear Lake Marketfest | Downtown White Bear Lake |
- Ongoing Thursdays June 18 – July 30, 2020: 6-9pm
CANCELLED FOR 2020.
WOODBURY: Performance in the Park | Central Park Amphitheater
- July 1- & Aug 7, 2020: 7pm