The Twin Cities practically sings with live music in the summer. Every corner of the metro is full of FREE summer concerts! Many in neighborhood parks, where kids can play while parents catch a show. What could be better for an impromptu family night out? Not much! Enjoy strains of strings, rhythms of rockers and energy of ethnic music, pack a picnic dinner, watch the headliners and sometimes catch a movie afterwards.
Where possible, we provided a basic schedule, but we recommend checking the websites – especially if the date falls near a holiday. Times and schedules are subject to change and most events are weather dependent.
ONGOING FREE SUMMER CONCERTS - SAINT PAUL & MINNEAPOLIS
FREE (unless listed as otherwise) concerts, family movies, theater productions and more. Find more details and line up on St. Paul’s Music in the Parks page.
- COMO LAKESIDE PAVILION: At the Dock & Paddle. Some of these concerts are ticketed and not free, so be sure to check the details on their calendar of events.
- MEARS PARK: Tuesday & Wednesday at 12pm & Lowertown Sound concerts Thursday evenings.
- RICE PARK: Live music at FOOD TRUCK WEDNESDAYS each week and SUMMER NIGHTS select Thursday nights from 5-7pm. While watching the show, take a moment to view the new “Lightwave” fountain art.
- June 6 Matt Hannah
- June 7 Trevor McSpadden
- June 13 The Jugsluggers
- June 14 Handsome Midnight
- June 20 Old Guys Play the Blues
- June 27 Sweet Rhubarb
- June 28 Stevens Family Band
- July 11 Barlow with Bionik & Eric Mayson
- July 12 My Cousin Dallas
- July 18 Cassandra Cole
- July 19 Rosie Rossi
- July 25 St. Suburbia
- July 26 Qlivia
- Aug 1 Mellifera
- Aug 2 Joan of Profile
- Aug 8 Capital City Wind Ensemble
- Aug 9 Dale & Kathleen
- Aug 15 TBD
- Aug 16 The Fairlanes
Lowertown Sounds free concerts begin at 6 p.m. and end around 9:30 p.m. Guests are invited to bring blankets and chairs to enjoy the show.
- JUNE 15: KISS THE TIGER and CREEPING CHARLIE
- JUNE 22: NUR-D and MALAMANYA
- JULY 13: THE NEW STANDARDS and NEW PRIMITIVES
- JULY 20: CRAIG CLARK BAND and JOJO GREEN
- JULY 27: MOLLY MAHER & HER DISBELIEVERS and PALMS PSALM
- AUGUST 3: JAEDYN JAMES and TWIN CITIZEN
- AUGUST 10: SALSA DEL SOUL and ECUADOR MANTA
- AUGUST 17: RUN WESTY RUN and DOUG COLLINS AND THE RECEPTIONISTS
- AUGUST 24: FLAMIN’ OH’S and CHEMISTRY SET and TWO HARBORS
- June 22 – Twin Cities Latin Band
- July 13 – International Reggae All Stars
- July 27 – The Moonlight Serenaders
- August 10 – Pete Whitman Quartet
- August 24 – Natania and Ticket to Brasil
- September 7 – Jimmy “Primetime” Smith Blues Band
Rock, Rhythm and Blues
Twin Cities Jazz Fest
Mears Park, 221 5th St E, St Paul, MN 55101
Catch live jazz music. Bring your own seating. Picnics are allowed; however, purchasing from the food vendors helps keep the festival free and open to the public. Get the Twin Cities Jazz Fest lineup here. June 23-24, 2023.
Midtown Blues & Funk Fest
Dual Citizen, 725 Raymond Ave, St Paul, MN 55114
Formerly known as Lowertown Blues Festival. All ages celebration of blues music, featuring local bands and national acts. Get the Midtown Blues & Funk Fest lineup here. July 22, 2023. FREE admission.
Groovin’ in the Garden at Como Zoo
Como Park Zoo & Conservatory, 1225 Estabrook Dr, St Paul, MN 55103
FREE concerts and activities in front of the conservatory, Wednesday evenings in June. Some food and beverages will be available to purchase. Concerts will take place in visitor center if it rains. June 7-July 26, 2023. 6pm start.
Bonus Fun: Como Zoo is open until 6pm. Make a day of it at the zoo before the concert. Or just pack a picnic and enjoy some fun playground time.
June 7: Innocent Reggae Band
June 14: 13 Arrows
June 21: Ty Pow & The Holy North
June 28: Red Eye Ruby
July 5: FLOWTUS
July 12: Mubbla Buggs
July 19: Eleganza!
July 26: The Flamin’ Oh’s
Bands on the Boulevard at Minnesota History Center
345 W Kellogg Blvd, St Paul, MN 55102
The museum is not open on Tuesdays, but concerts are held Tuesdays in July. Concert dates include June 27, July 11, 18 & 25 and August 1, 2023. Music from 6:30-8:30pm. FREE. Learn more here.
Minneapolis Music in the Parks
Find more details on the Minneapolis Park & Recreation Board’s website. Memorial Day Weekend – September, 2023.
2023 Concert Line-Up:
- Friday, June 2;7:30pm LLOYDS
- Saturday, June 3 7:30pm THE BELFAST COWBOYS
- Sunday, June 4 2:00pm AMY & ADAMS
- Sunday, June 4 5:30pm TWIN CITIZEN
- Monday, June 5 7:30pm NECESSARY DIVERSION
- Friday, June 9 7:30pm EMERSON AVENUE BAND
- Sunday, June 11 2:00pm THE FAIRLANES; 5:30pm IRISH DIPLOMACY
- Monday, June 12 7:30pm ROOT RIVER JAM
- Wednesday, June 14 7:30pm STAR OF THE NORTH CONCERT BAND
- Friday, June 16 7:30pm SESAY
- Saturday, June 17 7:30pm TWIN CITIES MOBILE JAZZ
- Sunday, June 18 2:00pm CANTUS; 5:30pm REALLY SPICY OPERA
- Monday, June 19 7:30pm MINNESOTA FREEDOM BAND
- Wednesday, June 21 7:30pm KASHIMANA
- Friday, June 23 7:30pm MN SINFONIA
- Sunday, June 25, 2023 2:00pm ANDA FLAMENCO
- Monday, June 26, 2023 7:30pm PAN-HANDLERS STEEL DRUM BAND
- Wednesday, June 28 7:30pm ATOMIC BEAT
- Friday, June 30 7:30pm PAUL BARRY BLUES BAND
- Saturday, July 1 7:30pm MINNEAPOLIS POPS
- Sunday, July 2 2:00pm HONKY-TONK JUMP; 5:30pm MINNEAPOLIS POPS
- Monday, July 3 7:30pm MINNESOTA ORCHESTRA
- Wednesday, July 5 7:30pm MAMAS IGNITE COLLECTIVE
- Friday, July 7 7:30pm THE RED HOT DJANGO PEPPERS
- Saturday, July 8 7:30pm MINNEAPOLIS POPS
- Sunday, July 9 2:00pm SADDLE SORES; 5:30pm MINNEAPOLIS POPS
- Monday, July 10 7:30pm ROSEVILLE COMMUNITY BAND
- Wednesday, July 12 7:30pm HOMEWARD BOUND
- Friday, July 14 7:30pm MN SINFONIA
- Saturday, July 15 7:30pm MINNEAPOLIS POPS
- Sunday, July 16 2:00pm TZOFIM FRIENDSHIP CARAVAN; 5:30pm MINNEAPOLIS POPS
- Monday, July 17 7:30pm SHOREVIEW NORTHERN LIGHTS VARIETY BAND
- Wednesday, July 19 7:30pm TOP SHELF BAND
- Friday, July 21 7:30pm DAN ISRAEL
- Saturday, July 22 7:30pm MINNEAPOLIS POPS
- Sunday, July 23 2:00pm TWIN CITIES BRASS BAND; 5:30pm MINNEAPOLIS POPS
- Monday, July 24 7:30pm AMEET
- Wednesday, July 26 7:30pm HARBOR & HOME
- Friday, July 28 7:30pm MN SINFONIA
- Saturday, July 29 7:30pm MINNEAPOLIS POPS
- Sunday, July 30 2:00pm ERIN ROGUE; 5:30pm MINNEAPOLIS POPS
- Monday, July 31 7:30pm NO LIMITS THE B-SIDE
- Wednesday, Aug. 2 7:30pm RUDEGIRL
- Friday, Aug. 4 7:30pm FÉNIX DION
- Saturday, Aug. 5 7:30pm MICHAEL MONROE
- Sunday, Aug. 6 2:00pm FOURTH DEGREE; 5:30pm ISSHOIII
- Monday, Aug. 7 7:30pm TEAPOT TEMPEST
- Wednesday, Aug. 9 7:30pm BEND IN THE RIVER BIG BAND
- Friday, Aug. 11 7:30pm THE ALARMISTS
- Saturday, Aug. 12 7:30pm AND THEN THERE WERE EIGHT
- Sunday, Aug. 13 2:00pm KENWOOD SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA; 5:30pm JEWBALAYA
- Monday, Aug. 14 7:30pm THE ZILLIONAIRES
- Wednesday, Aug. 16 7:30pm LA DANSE FATALE BALLET COMPANY
- Thursday, Aug. 17 7:30pm THE JAYHAWKS
- Friday, Aug. 18 7:30pm NUNNABOVE
- Saturday, Aug. 19 7:30pm CIVIC ORCHESTRA OF MINNEAPOLIS
- Sunday, Aug. 20 2:00pm NOT QUITE DEAD; 5:30pm GYPSY MANIA HOT CLUB QUARTET
- Monday, Aug. 21 7:30pm JUMPING JEHOSAFATS
- Wednesday, Aug. 23 7:30pm PAPA BLEU
- Friday, Aug. 25 7:30pm KA LIA UNIVERSE
- Saturday, Aug. 26 7:30pm RAIN DATE!
- Sunday, Aug. 27 2:00pm COLE DIAMOND; 5:30pm THE FAIRLANES
- Monday, Aug. 28 7:30pm RETRO SOUL AND THE WESTSIDE HORNS
- Wednesday, Aug. 30 7:30pm BONNE
- Friday, Sept. 1 7:30pm BOB! (THE MUSIC OF DYLAN)
- Saturday, Sept. 2 7:30pm TONY ORTIZ AND THE GUNS OF SOUL
- Sunday, Sept. 3 2:00pm JOLLY POPS; 5:30pm PAPA ROOF AND THE SOUL VILLAINS
- Monday, Sept. 4 5:30pm TRE AARON; 7:30pm SAWYER’S DREAM
- June 5 – Flamenco Michael Hauser Duo
- July 3 – Just Dave and the Rockin’ All Stars
- July 17 – Old Guys Play the Blues
- August 7 – B & The Sting
- August 21 – Rare Form
- Tuesday, July 11 7pm BARLOW
- Monday, July 17 7pm OLD GUYS PLAY THE BLUES
- Tuesday, July 18 7pm RLGDPPL
- Tuesday, July 25 7pm JARAD MILES & THE ANCIENT WAVES
- Tuesday, Aug. 1 7pm HIP-HOP, HISTORY AND THE ARTS
- Monday, Aug. 7 7pm B & THE STING
- Tuesday, Aug. 8 7pm DAVE VELK
- Tuesday, Aug. 15 7pm MACHINERY HILL
- Monday, Aug. 21 7pm RARE FORM
- Tuesday, Aug. 29 7pm CASSANDRA COLE
- Thursday, June 1 7pm SOUTH HIGH COMMUNITY BAND
- Friday, June 2 7pm BATO BATO! BRECK SCHOOL’S MARIMBA BAND
- Thursday, June 8 7pm SIX STILL STANDING
- Friday, June 9 7pm TYLER HAAG
- Thursday, June 15 7pm TIM CASEY & THE MYRTRS
- Friday, June 16 7pm BELLY DANCE COLLABORATIVE
- Thursday, June 22 7pm JANELLE & TODD
- Friday, June 23 7pm KATY TESSMAN AND THE TURNBUCKLES
- Thursday, June 29 7pm J
- Friday, June 30 7pm BIRDS IN THE WIND
- Friday, July 7 7pm SOUTHERN RESIDENT KILLER WHALES
- Thursday, July 13 7pm FAT CHANCE JUG BAND
- Friday, July 14 7pm WESTWIND BIG BAND
- Thursday, July 20 7pm JIM BIRD
- Friday, July 21 7pm LOJO RUSSO
- Thursday, July 27 7pm TWIN CITIES MOBILE JAZZ
- Friday, July 28 7pm CAPRI BIG BAND
- Thursday, Aug. 3 7pm PAVEL JANY TRIO
- Friday, Aug. 4 7pm TREVOR MCSPADDEN
- Thursday, Aug. 10 7pm GOOD NEWS BIG BAND
- Friday, Aug. 11 7pm KUNG FU HIPPIES
- Thursday, Aug. 17 7pm GOLDEN MORRISON
- Friday, Aug. 18 7pm THE BAD COMPANIONS
- Thursday, Aug. 24 7pm CHICKABOOM AND TROGLODYTE
- Friday, Aug. 25 7pm HARLOW
- Thursday, Aug. 31 7pm CABIN FEVER
- Friday, Sept. 1 7pm PRAIRIE FIRE LADY CHOIR
- Tuesday, June 13, 2023 6:30-8pm SPAGHETTI MONETTI & THE SAUCE
- Thursday, June 15, 2023 6:30-8pm MATT JENNINGS ELECTRIC TRIO
- Thursday, June 22, 2023 6:30-8pm MEAT RAFFLE SKA
- Thursday June 27th, 2023 6:30-8pm PRESTON GUNDERSON
- Tuesday, June 29th, 2023 6:30-8pm TBA
- Tuesday, July 11, 2023 6:30-8pm THE JAZZ STANDARDS
- Thursday, July 13, 2023 6:30-8pm PURPLE QUEEN
- Tuesday, July 18, 2023 6:30-8pm SPELLS AND CURSES
- Thursday, July 20, 2023 6:30-8pm THE PERCOLATORS
- Tuesday, July 25, 2023 6:30-8pm COLIN BRACEWELL
- Thursday, July 27, 2023 6:30-8pm RIVER SINCLAIRE
- Thursday, August 3, 2023 6:30-8pm MYALLO
- Thursday, June 1, 7pm AMERICAN DREAM BAND
- Wednesday, June 7, 12pm FREDA
- Thursday, June 8, 7pm PRESTON GUNDERSON
- Wednesday, June 14, 12pm RAYCABAET
- Thursday, June 15, 7pm SAMUEL JOSON
- Wednesday, June 21, 12pm ARDINA
- Thursday, June 22, 7pm JACK WERNER
- Wednesday, June 28, 12pm PETER RUDDY
- Thursday, June 29, 7pm THE ROUNDABOUTS
- Wednesday, July 5, 12pm SCOTT KEEVER
- Thursday, July 6, 7pm MATT HERZOG
- Wednesday, July 12, 12pm BAND OF PRAISE
- Thursday, July 13, 7pm BRIAN NAUGHTON BAND
- Wednesday, July19, 12pm SPAGHETTI MONETTI AND THE SAUCE
- Thursday, July 20, 7pm CHEMISTRY SET
- Wednesday, July 26, 12pm MID-SERAL FEATURING SAMMIE JEAN COHEN
- Thursday, July 27, 7pm FUNKY MYSTIK
- Wednesday, Aug. 2, 12pm JUGSLUGGERS
- Thursday, Aug. 3, 7pm SMELL MY PILLOW
- Wednesday, Aug. 9, 12pm BLU KANU
- Thursday, Aug. 10, 7pm HUNKER’D DOWN BLUES BAND
- Wednesday, Aug. 16, 12pm SERIOUS MACHINE
- Thursday, Aug. 17, 7pm THEYSELF
- Wednesday, Aug. 23, 12pm THE PAPER CLIPS TROMBONE QUARTET
- Thursday, Aug. 24, 7pm KODJ
- Wednesday, Aug. 30, 12pm EDIE RAE & THE BLAZE KINGS
- Thursday, Aug 31, 7pm . THE CONFUSED
- Wednesday, Sept. 6, 12pm LENA & THE LOVEKILLS
- Thursday, Sept. 7, 7pm PURPLE QUEEN/ZEN IS IN
- Wednesday, Sept. 13,12pm RIVER SINCLAIRE
- Thursday, Sept. 14, 7pm THE BEAU BAKER BAND
- Wednesday, Sept. 20, 12pm RHODA ANDERSON HABEDANK
- Thurs, Sept. 21, 7pm LIPA CARPATHO-RUSYN SLOVAK DANCERS
- Wed, Sept. 27, 2023 12pm BARBARA COHEN
- Thurs, Sept. 28, 2023 7pm SILVERSMITH
Overdressed Duo Tiny Lawn Concert Series
Pershing Park, 3523 W 48th St., Minneapolis MN 55410
45 minute family-friendly concerts featuring the original Duo members performing different genres of classical vocal music select Friday evenings at 7pm.
- May 19
- June 2
- June 16
- June 30
- Aug 4
- Aug 18
- Sept 15
- Sept 29
Opera Under the Stars
Water Works Park, 333 1st St S, Minneapolis, MN 55401
Each 90-minute, family-friendly concert features aria and ensemble hits from famous operas and music theater shows, featuring 3 or 4 opera singers and a pianist. 7pm.
- Monday July 3
- Monday July 31
Minneapolis & St. Paul – Free Summer Music Festivals
Find more information on our family festival calendars (links below), but here is a list of some of our favorite summer festivals with FREE concerts:
FREE SUMMER CONCERTS
TWIN CITIES NORTH WEST METRO
Lions Depot in Central Park, 5801 Main Ave NE, Albertville, MN 55301
Free live concerts in the park – bring your own seating and refreshments, or purchase grill items at the farmers market. Thursdays starting June 15, 2023, 6-8:30pm.
Tom Ryan Park, 10802 Town Square Drive Northeast, Blaine, MN 55449
Heavy on the family-friendly, find all your favorite kids bands at this series on Tuesday nights. Thursdays are geared toward a wider audience. Find the full Blaine Performance in the Park lineup here. FREE.
Family Friendly Favorites: Tuesday Night Kids Bands starting June 13th, 2023.
Historic Eidem Farm, 4345 101st Ave North, Brooklyn Park, MN 55443
Bring a picnic! Live kid-friendly in a down-home farm setting. Music starts at 6pm. FREE! Concert dates include:
- June 29, 2023: Magic Tyler
- July 20, 2023: Teddy Bear Band
- August 3, 2023: Mary Hall’s Show for Pipsqueeks
- August 17, 2023: Sticks & Tones
Brooklyn Community Band Concert
North Hennepin Community College Courtyard, 7411 85th Ave N, Brooklyn Park, MN 55445
Spread a blanket or bring folding chairs to enjoy a performance by the Brooklyn Community Band. Food truck onsite. Monday June 12, 2023; 7-8 p.m. FREE.
Concerts in the Courtyard
North Hennepin Community College Courtyard, 7411 85th Ave N, Brooklyn Park, MN 55445
Spread a blanket or bring folding chairs to enjoy a performance by musical artists. Wednesdays August 2-September 20, 2023. FREE.
- August 2 – Sesay
- August 9 – Hillary Lor
- August 16 – The Umamies
- August 23 – Good News Big Band
- August 30 – Mixed Precipitation
- September 6 – Top Flight
- September 13 – Capri Big Band
- September 20 – Salsa Del Soul
Sturges Park, 505 2nd Ave S Buffalo, MN 55313
Thursday nights from June 29 through August 31, 2023.
Family Friendly Favorite: June 15th will be part of Buffalo Days and include a carnival, kiddie parade at 6:30pm and Movie at 9pm.
Mississippi Crossing, 307 E River Pkwy, Champlin, MN 55316
Food trucks, live music and family fun on Thursday nights from May 18th – September 7th, 2023, and also select Friday and Saturday dates. Find the full line up here. FREE.
Family Friendly Favorites: Teddy Bear Band with Magician Brian Richards, July 6, 2023.
Coon Rapids Dam Regional Park, 9750 Egret Blvd, Coon Rapids MN
Ongoing Thursdays June 1 – August 3, 2023. 7pm, FREE (no vehicle permit required for the concerts).
Woodland Trails Regional Park, 20135 Elk Lake Rd NW, Elk River, MN 55330
Kid-friendly entertainment on Thursdays from 10:30am to 11:15am from June 15 through August 10th, 2023.
- June 15: UM Raptor Center
- June 29: Dazzling Dave Yo Yo Show
- July 13: The Bazillions
- July 20: Cale the Juggler
- July 27: Princess Party and Story
- August 3: Super Hero Party
- August 10: Baron of the Bubbles
Rivers Edge Commons Park, 679 Main St NW, Elk River, MN 55330
A series of tribute bands and cover bands play Thursday nights at 7pm June through August.
- June 15: Mick Sterling Presents
- June 22: A Hard Day’s Night
- June 29: The Whitesidewalls
- July 13: Hillbilly Inc.
- July 20: Church of Cash
- July 27: Gen X Jukebox
- August 3: Junk FM
- August 10: The Blue Ringers
- August 17: Fabulous Armadillos
Free band concerts in Fridley parks. Bring your own lawn chairs. More info here.
- June 12th, 7 p.m. @ Edgewater Gardens 6700 Ashton Way
- June 19th, 7 p.m. @ Logan Park 155 Logan Parkway
- June 26th, 7 p.m. @ Briardale Park 6171 Rice Creek Drive
- July 24th, 7 p.m. @ Springbrook Nature Center 100 85th Avenue
Concerts alternate between three parks, June 6-August 22, 2023. Most of the shows are at 7pm, but kids shows are sometimes at 11am. Find the Full Line up Here.
Town Green Park, 7991 Main Street N, Maple Grove, MN 55369
Themed weeknights and special events including live music at Town Green, kid favorites and movies screened outdoors:
- Monday night live music. Starts June 6, 2023, 7pm
- Wednesday night live music. Starts June 28, 2023, 7pm.
- Family Friendly Favorites: Thursday morning kids entertainment. Starts June 29, 2023, 10:30am.
- Friday movies at dusk. Starts July 14, 2023. FIND MORE FREE SUMMER MOVIES IN THE PARK!
Veterans Park, 803 Old Hwy 8 NW, New Brighton, MN 55112
Live music from 6-8pm on the 2nd Thursdays May-August and on Friday September 1, 2023. Learn more here.
- May 11: Katy Vernon
- June 8: Heart & Soul Drum Academy
- July 13: Matt Yetter
- August 10: The Tuxedo Band
- September 1: Trevor McSpadden & Mary Cutrufello
Family Friendly Favorites: Heart & Soul Drum Academy, June 8, 2023.
Otsego Prairie Park & Splash Pad, 13355 90th St NE, Otsego, MN 55330
Cool off in the park’s splash pad and enjoy kids entertainment on select Tuesdays at 10am. Only one event is music this year. Find the rest on our FAMILY FUN CALENDAR.
Family Friendly Favorites: Kidsdance – Fun Interactive DJ, June 20, 2023.
Hilde Performance Center, 14800 34th Avenue North, Plymouth, MN 55447
A full line up of concerts, community theater & movies throughout the summer. The 2023 Concert Series will take place June – August. Please see the link for the free entertainment lineup.
Silverwood Park, 2500 County Rd E St. Anthony, MN 55421
Parking fills up fast at these concerts. We recommend arriving early and exploring the park. Ongoing Wednesdays in 2023, 6:30pm.
- June 28: Café Accordion Orchestra (French/Latin/Bohemian)
- July 5: Loser Magnet (Indie Rock)
- July 12: HEYARLO (Funk/Soul/Hip Hop)
- July 19: Michael Monroe (Folk/Jazz/Reggae)
- July 26: Jada Brown (Jazz)
- August 2: Nunnabove (Positive Alternative Pop)
- August 9: Brotherhood of Birds (Bluegrass)
- August 16: Yalla Drum! Ensemble (Traditional Arabic Percussion)
- August 23: Makam Baklava (Turkish/Balkan)
- August 30: Annie Fitzgerald (Singer-Songwriter/Sound Healing)
3301 Silver Lake Rd NE, St Anthony, MN 55418
Thursday evenings 7-8pm. June 22-August 10, 2023. 2023 lineup here.
Bonus Fun: Check out the park’s recently-resurfaced trail around the pond and/or grab a cold treat at Cold Stone Creamery, Cub or Culvers.
FREE SUMMER CONCERTS
TWIN CITIES NORTH EAST METRO
Hidden Spring Park, 1601 LaMotte Drive
Concerts start at 6:30 p.m. Food truck & dessert table on site for fee. Tuesdays June 13-August 15, 2023. Check Facebook page for weather related events prior to attending.
Lions Park Band Shell, 13292 Sylvan Avenue, Lindström, MN 55045
Wednesday night FREE family-friendly concerts. June 7- August 9, 2023.
Family Friendly Favorites: Bob & the Beachcombers, July 5, 2023.
Frank Rog Amphitheater, Central Park, 2540 Lexington Ave N, Roseville, MN 55113.
June 22- July 4, 2023: Select Sun, Tues & Thurs. 6 or 7pm. Find the full line up here.
Family Friendly Favorites: Will Hale and the Tadpole Parade (6:30pm), June 25, 2023.
Shoreview Community Center, 4580 Victoria Street North, Shoreview, MN 55126
Free Wednesday concerts for all ages at 7pm. June 14 – August 9, 2023.
Family Friendly Favorites: Kidz Concerts – Wednesdays July 5 – Aug 2, 2023, 10am.
- Bonus Fun: Have an indoor playdate at Tropical Adventures Indoor Playground or play outdoors as the awesome SHOREVIEW COMMONS destination playground.
Lowell Park, 201 Water St N, Stillwater, MN 55082
Schedule: Market opens at 5, live music from 6-8 & movie starting 10 minutes after sunset. July 11-Aug 15, 2023.
BONUS FUN: Make a day of it in Stillwater with our suggestions of the best things to do with kids!
WHITE BEAR LAKE
Downtown White Bear Lake
Live music every week while you shop for the freshest produce and products. Thursdays, June 15 – July 27, 2023; 6:00 – 9:00pm.
FREE SUMMER CONCERTS
TWIN CITIES SOUTH EAST METRO
6855 Fortino St, Apple Valley, MN 55124
Music, food available for purchase, prizes and a splash pad for the kids to cool off in. Ongoing Fridays, June 16-August 11, 2023. 6:30-8:30pm.
Nicollet Commons, 12550 Nicollet Ave, Burnsville, MN 55337
Ongoing Thursdays starting June 15, 2023. Plus arrive early for story times by local school principals.
Live music followed by movie screening of “Puss in Boots”. Friday, August 11, 2023.
BONUS FUN: Bring your swimsuits because your kids won’t be able to resist the landscaped splash pad!
Eagan Central Park Festival Grounds, 1501 Central Parkway, Eagan, MN 55121
The grounds buzz with weekly concerts and themed nights, plus you can shop the market for fresh produce and other goods. Kids will enjoy the splash pad and challenge course. Ongoing Wednesdays, June 7- September 6, 2023. 4-8pm.
Bonus Fun: Join Kid’s Power of Produce (P.O.P.) Club to participate in weekly activities and earn free produce. 36 Family-Friendly Twin Cities Spring & Summer Farmers Markets
Whitetail Woods Regional Park Amphitheater, 17100 Station Trail, Farmington, MN 55024
Bring your own lawn chair or other seating. Food trucks on site. Held the last Tuesday of each month this summer. June 27, July 25 & August 20, 2023, 5-7pm.
- June 27: K-Libre24 and Away Runakuna Dance Group
- July 25: Sawyer’s Dream and The Pan-handlers Steel Drum Band
- August 29: Amanda Grace and Siama’s Congo Roots
BONUS FUN: Dress for the weather and to get dirty. Take some time to play in the nature playground.
Parks throughout Hastings, MN 55033
Live music and from sunrise to sunset all over the city of Hastings. Bring your own seating. June 21, 2023. Most concerts and activities start at 7pm.
Family-Friendly Favorite: Laurie McFaul, early childhood music, 9am; Roadside Park, 510 11th Street West, Hastings, MN 55033
Bonus Fun: Start your day with free coffee and donuts at City Hall from 7-7:45am.
Levee Park, 20 Ramsey Street, Hastings, MN 55033
Live music on the Mississippi riverfront. Bring a picnic and your own seating. These shows are best for families with older kids & teens.
- Thursday, June 8, 7:00 – 8:30 p.m. – The 22nd Row – Tribute to Elton John
- Thursday, June 15, 7:00 – 8:30 p.m. – Capital Sons – Rock & Roll
- Thursday, June 22, 7:00 – 8:30 p.m. – Tropical Zone Orchestra – Latin Fusion
- Thursday, June 29, 7:00 – 8:30 p.m. – Gus Sent Me – Country & Rock
- Thursday, July 6, 7:00 – 8:30 p.m. – String Showdown – Variety
- Thursday, July 13, 7:00 – 8:30 p.m. – Revved UP! – 90s – Today Hits
- Thursday, July 27, 7:00 – 8:30 p.m. – Belle Amour– Jazz
- Thursday, August 3, 7:00 – 8:30 p.m. – Tumblin Dice – Tribute to Rolling Stones
- Thursday, August 10, 7:00 – 8:30 p.m. – Hailey James Band – Country
- Thursday, August 17, 7:00 – 8:30 p.m. – Chico Chavez Orchestra – Cumbia
- Thursday, August 24, 7:00 – 8:30 p.m. – Jeff Dayton Band – Variety
- Thursday, August 31, 7:00 – 8:30 p.m.– Jonah and the Whales – Pop, Rock & Country
INVER GROVE HEIGHTS
Oakwood Park, 2810 70th St E, Inver Grove Heights, MN 55076
Come to the park for kid-friendly musical entertainment in 45-minute sets. Bring your blanket or chairs and a picnic lunch. Select Tuesdays June 20-August 1, 2023. 10:30am.
- June 20, 2023: Todd ‘n Tina
- June 27, 2023: Talewise: Saving Earth Together
- July 11, 2023: John Kerns
- July 18, 2023: Tricia & the Toonies
- July 25, 2023: KidPower with Rachael
- August 1, 2023: Will Hale & the Tadpole Parade
720 Main St, Mendota Heights, MN 55118Live, outdoor music in Market Square Park the 2nd and 4th Wednesdays of each month this summer. June 14-August 23 (and Sept 6 to cap it off), 2023. 6pm.
2893 145th St W, Rosemount, MN 55068
Kids entertainment weekly culminating in a free summer celebration at the splash pad. Learn more about Rosemount Central Park. Thursdays, June 15 – July 20, 2023, 10am.
- June 15, 2023: Royal Order of Chords & Keys
- June 22, 2023: Bob the Beachcomber
- June 29, 2023: The Bazillions
- July 6, 2023: Sticks and Tones
- July 13, 2023: Wonderful World of Woody
- July 20, 2023: Wiggle, Jiggle & Jam
Woodbury Central Park, 8595 Central Park Place, Woodbury MN
Free concerts take place on the patio at 2pm with the exception of the kickoff concert (Ojibway Park bandshell at 6:30pm). 2023 dates: June 20 & 25, July 16 & 23 and August 20.
FREE SUMMER CONCERTS
TWIN CITIES SOUTH WEST METRO
Family Friendly Favorites: Monday Morning Kids Series: June 5 – August 7, 2023. Alternates between Moir Park and Valley View Park, 10:30am:
Moir Park Schedule:
June 5: KidPower with Rachael
June 19: Wiggle, Jiggle, and Jam
July 10: Todd ‘n’ Tina
July 24: Wonder Weavers Storytellers
August 7: Jolly Pops
Valley View Playfield Schedule
June 12: Brodini Magic Show
June 26: Dazzling Dave Yo-Yo Master
July 17: The Bazillions
July 31: Bob the Beachcomber
August 14: ACME Magic Factory
Hyland Hills, 8800 Chalet Road, Bloomington, MN 55438
Seating is outdoors; bring a blanket. Food and beverages available for purchase. Doors open at 6 p.m.; show starts at 7 p.m. June 7 & August 2, 2023. FREE.
City Center Community Park, 7700 Market Blvd, Chanhassen, MN 55317
Thursday evening concerts & concessions from 6:30-8:00pm June 8-August 10, 2023.
Family Friendly Favorite: Todd ’n’ Tina plays August 10, 2023, at 11am.
- June 8 American Bootleg/Kickoff Event
- June 15 The Fawn & The Flame
- June 22 Geoff Elvee
- June 29 Northern Winds Concert Band
- July 13 The Jolly Huntsmen
- July 20 The Salsa del Soul Quintet ft. Frank Rivery (featuring salsa dancing lessons!)
- July 27 Craig Clark Band
- August 3 Capital Sons
- August 10 Weather Back-Up Date
With the exception of the kickoff concert on June 13 (Carver Gazebo Park), the kids shows will take place at lovely FIREMEN’S PARK on the Clayhole. Times can vary, please check the link for a complete schedule.
- Tuesday Kids Entertainment – June 13, 2023 : John Kern
- June 20, 2023: The Jolly Pops
- July 11, 2023: The Bazillions
- July 25, 2023: Auntie Dallas & Uncle Siama
- August 1, 2023: Kids Yoga in the Park
Plus, Wednesday concerts in Firemen’s Park starting June 14, 2023, 6-8pm.
Staring Lake Park, 14800 Pioneer Trail, Eden Prairie, MN 55347
Variety of community entertainment at Staring Lake Amphitheater throughout the summer. Music tunes up at 7pm. There’s a great playground adjacent to the amphitheater for kids!
- June 29, 2023: Church of Cash
- July 6, 2023: Minnesota Sinfonia
- July 13, 2023: Power of 10
- July 20, 2023: Dirty Shorts Brass Band
- July 27, 2023: Lehto & Wright
- August 10, 2023: Blue Groove Bluegrass
- August 17, 2023: Echoes of Elvis
Centennial Lakes Park, 7499 France Avenue South, Edina, MN 55435 Centennial Lakes Park is a haven for FREE summer entertainment! Events are held Sundays, Mondays and most Wednesdays at 7:00pm and include family-friendly concerts at the outdoor amphitheater.
Family Friendly Favorites: Tuesday & Thursday Kids Concerts at Maezold Amphitheater at 11am. Three Special Wednesday night concerts featuring kids bands at 6pm (don’t arrive at 7pm or you’ll miss them). See the Wednesday list below.
- June 4 – Katy Vernon
- June 11 – First John Philip Sousa Memorial Band
- June 18 – Leslie Vincent and the Vibes
- June 25 – Percolators Band
- July 2 – Hopkins Westwind Concert Band
- July 9 – The Medalist Concert Band
- July 16 – First John Philip Sousa Memorial Band
- July 23 – The Two Sundays Big Band
- July 30 – BlueDog
- August 6 – Minneapolis Police Band
- August 13 – First John Philip Sousa Memorial Band
- August 20 – The Medicine Show Music Company
- August 27 – Sawyer’s Dream
- June 5 – Brooklyn Community Band
- June 12 – The Prizefighters
- June 19 – Juneteenth Celebration Activities and live music from Carolyne Naomi, Tre. Charles and Smash Jazz, 4-8 p.m.
- June 26 – Pair of 7
- July 3 – The Skally Line
- July 10 – Rockin’ Woody
- July 17 – Southside Big Band
- July 24 – Mandolin Orchestra
- July 31 – Just Dave and the Rockin’ All Stars Band
- August 7 – Peter Ruddy
- August 14 – River City Jazz Orchestra
- August 21 – Onorach Mulhern Geraghty (OMG) School of Irish Dance
- August 28 – Pan-handlers Steel Drum Band
- June 7 – Travelin’ Moburys
- June 14 – Capri Big Band
- June 21 – Princess Sing-A-Long (*6 p.m. Kids Special)
- June 28 – Lee Engele and Friends
- July 5 – Homeward Bound
- July 12 – Hunker’d Down Blues Band
- July 19 – Teddy Bear Band (*6 p.m. Kids Special)
- July 26 – UMBAS Summer Band
- August 2 – Swing Beat Big Band
- August 9 – The Dirty Shorts Brass Band
- August 16 – The Jolly Pops (*6 p.m. Kids Special)
- August 23 – The French Hillbillies
- August 30 – Joey Stephens
Tuesday and Thursday Children’s Concerts: 11 a.m.
- June 6 – Teddy Bear Band
- June 8 – Wonderful World of Woody
- June 13 – The Pledge Party Team
- June 15 – Todd’n’Tina
- June 20 – ARK: Acoustic Rock for Kids with John Kerns
- June 22 – Wendy’s Wiggle, Jiggle and Jam!
- June 27 – Brodini Comedy Magic Show
- June 29 – Morningside Theater Company Actors
- July 6 – Jolly Pops
- July 11 – The Bazillions
- July 13 – The Mary Hall Show for Pipsqueeks
- July 18 – Kidpower Music and Live Animal Show
- July 20 – Wonderful World of Woody
- July 25 – ARK: Acoustic Rock for Kids with John Kerns
- July 27 – Magical Entertainer Brian Richards
- August 1 – Steve and Friends Puppet Show
- August 3 – Bob the Beachcomber
- August 8 – Will Hale and the Tadpole Parade
- August 10 – Sticks and Tones
- August 15 – Wendy’s Wiggle, Jiggle and Jam!
- August 17 – Reptile and Amphibian Discovery Zoo
- August 22 – Hooperina
- August 24 – Brodini Comedy Magic Show
- August 29 – Big Fun Show!
- August 31 – Kayla Malmgren-Juggles the Juggler
BONUS FUN: There is so much to explore at Centennial Lakes Park from paddle boats to lawn games to tiny model yachts that zip around the canals.
Edina Performance on the Plaza (P.O.P.)
Free concerts every Friday night from 5-8pm at the plaza at 50th & France. June 9-July 28, 2023.
The Commons, 1351 Lake Street Excelsior, MN 55331
Food trucks open at at 5pm with music from 7-8pm.
- May 17: Mallrats
- May 31: 70’s Magic Sunshine Band
- June 14: Viva Knievel
- June 28: The Lonesome Loers
- July 12: Gear Daddies
- August 9: World According to Garth
- August 23: The Hype
Brookview Park, 316 Brookview Parkway S., Golden Valley, MN 55427
June 5 -Aug 7, 2023. Ongoing Mondays, 7pm.
Family Friendly Favorite:The 1st John Philip Sousa Memorial Band and Golden Valley Ice Cream Social. July 10, 2023.
Downtown Park, 40 9th Ave S., Hopkins, MN 55343
Outdoor concerts this summer run June 15-August 17, 2023. Make sure to check the calendar for the most up-to-date information.
Bonus Fun: Take a walk down “Art Street” to explore the public art of Hopkins.
Minnetonka Civic Center Amphitheater, 14600 Minnetonka Blvd, Minnetonka, MN
Music in the Park select Tuesdays. June 20-August 29, 2023. 6-8pm.
Ridgedale Commons, 12590 Ridgedale Drive, Minnetonka, MN 55305
Fun, super family-friendly events that feature live music, entertainment, food trucks and yard games. June 16, July 15 & August 16, 2023. See link for times. FREE.
- June 20: Minnetonka Symphony Orchestra
- June 27: Power of 10
- July 11: Eden Prairie Community Band
- July 18: 22nd Row
- July 25: Westwind Swing Band
- August 1: Jeff Dayton
- August 8: River City Jazz Orchestra
- August 15: Sawyer’s Dream
- August 22: Salsa del Soul
- August 29: Dirty Shorts Brass Band
New Hope Performance Center, 4401 Xylon Ave N., New Hope, MN 55428
Wednesday night live music. Bring a blanket or chairs or use the built-in seating. Be sure to check the calendar. Select Wednesdays starting May 31, 2023. 7pm.
Richfield Band Shell, 636 E 66th Street, Richfield, MN 55423.
Tuesdays, June 13 to August 15, 2023; 11am Kids Shows and 6:30pm Evening Series.
Family Friendly Favorites: Kids Shows: June 20 – August 8, 11am
Amphitheatre at Lyndale Gardens, 6400 Lyndale Ave S, Richfield, MN 55423
Illusion Theater brings will bring live concerts back Lyndale Gardens Wednesdays and Select Tuesdays in Richfield in July and August, 2023. Acts will include Kevin Kling and Simone Perrin, Dan Chouinard, and Malamanya. Find the full Line up Here.
Huber Park, 150 Fillmore St. N., Shakopee, MN 55379
Live music and other special events for the community. Ongoing Thursdays, May 31 – August 25, 2023. Most concerts and activities start at 7pm.
Bonus Fun: Take some time to play at the Community Playground – though plans are in place to demolish and rebuild so you’ll want to check ahead.
ST LOUIS PARK
Wolfe Park Veteran’s Memorial Amphitheater, 3700 Monterey Drive, St Louis Park, MN 55416
Free performances select dates: June 21 – August 10, 2023, 7pm; Open Mic Night Thursdays, June 22-August 17, 2023.
Family Friendly Favorites: Kids Summer Concert Series Wednesdays from 10am-11am, June 21-August 16, 2023.
- June 21: Teddy Bear Band
- June 28: Tricia and the Toonies
- July 5: Will Hale
- July 12: The Royal Order of Cords and Keys
- July 19: The Bazillions
- July 26: Kidsdance DJ
- August 2: Jolly Pops
- August 9: Sticks & Tones
- August 16: Kid Power with Rachael
125 Wayzata Blvd E, Wayzata, MN 55391
Stake out your spot on the lawn starting at 5:30, music to start at 6:30. Wednesdays in June 2023.
Find Bite-Size Concerts at Weekly Farmers Markets
April’s arrival means it’s time to start dreaming about farmers market season! How much more fun does it sound to bring your kids along to one of these family-friendly Twin Cities Farmers Markets as opposed to dragging them to the local supermarket? Bonus that most of these markets offer entertainment, kids activities and food trucks.