Looking for fun things to do in the Twin Cities with your family? We’ve got 500+ for you! Our team of three lives in Minneapolis-St. Paul, we have 12 children between us and we are your experts.
Minnesota isn’t all about the weather. Minneapolis, St. Paul and the surrounding area have so much to offer including the beautiful lakes, incredible restaurants, and amazing museums and theaters. The metro area is bustling with a vibrant arts community, sports fanatics, nature enthusiasts, a literary community, and family fun galore no matter the weather.
Where to start?
- 1000+ categorized entries in our carefully curated Twin Cities Family Fun Directory
- Daily listings of events across the Twin Cities on our Twin Cities Family Events Calendar
There are places to play outside all year long as well as inside. Use our handy park & playground search feature to discover more than 750 places to be active with your kids.
- Twin Cities Free & Budget Events and Activities
- Seasonal Fun, including holiday events
- Nature Play, including Twin Cities Nature Centers and Nature Playgrounds
- Twin Cities Museums & Historic Sites
- Performing Arts especially for families
- Twin Cities Parks & Playgrounds, including Indoor Playgrounds
- Twin Cities Water Fun, including beaches, pools, water parks and splash pads
- Twin Cities and Greater Minnesota Road and Day Trips
- 45+ Physical Activities for Kids, categorized by age group
- 60 Outdoor Games for Kids, categorized by age group and type of game
- 45+ Indoor Games for Kids, categorized by age group
- Crafts we’ve enjoyed, and we know you will too
- Read aloud with your kids!
- Recipes that appeal to families
If you like literature, you have found the most welcoming home. Children’s literature thrives in the Minnesota climate. Our BookHounds family lit program connects families with local authors and supports local businesses.
Family sporting events or performing arts? We’ve got that too. We understand that these events take some advance planning and keep a running list of current and upcoming performances on so you can peruse ahead and pick your favorites. Sporting events include walks, races and other tournaments you can participate in or have fun being a spectator.
Have you recently relocated to the Twin Cities or are planning to move to the Minneapolis-St Paul area? Our partner, Michael Bartus of Lakes Sotheby’s International Realty, is a life-long Twin Cities resident and is proud to call this area ‘home.’Click for your Complimentary Relocation Kit
School Districts in the Twin Cities
Your school choice can drive every decision when it comes to buying a home. Michael has developed an exclusive search tool on his website to help you find available homes – that meet your specific requirements– in a particular school district or close to individual schools.
Looking for a home in a specific elementary, middle or high school boundary? Now you can easily find it.
Click on the school name once you see it and it will show you the current homes available.
Minnesota is a fabulous place to relocate your family, and Michael wants to help you find the perfect home for you. If you have any questions about buying or selling real estate in the Twin Cities, please feel free to click here to contact Michael.
Michael Bartus with Lakes Sotheby’s International Realty