In Minnesota, family fun outdoors means embracing all four seasons. If you are on this page because you are looking for a new Twin Cities-area park, playground or nature center to explore, hundreds of entries can be found through our Parks & Playgrounds Search feature. Or, continue searching hundreds more ideas of things to do with kids in the Twin Cities through our Family Directory, including family outings, services, classes, camps, birthday parties and more.
Family Fun Directory of Things To Do with Kids:
For over 50 years, Children's Theatre Company has been creating extraordinary theatre experiences that educate, challenge and inspire young people and the Twin Cities Community.
One of my favorite things about CTC is that they employ a full-time professional acting company. As regular audience members, we start to feel like these actors are friends and we love to see each new incarnation. As community members, we know we can count on CTC to keep great talent in our community by employing them full-time. It's really a winning combination. Get to know your favorites a little more here.
2018-2019 Season at Children's Theatre Company
• 10/9/18-11/25/18: I Come From Arizona | Children's Theatre Company, Minneapolis • Gabi Castillo, a bright, 14-year-old Mexican-American girl living on the South Side of Chicago, is accepted into a very different, elite highschool I • 8+ • Tickets $15+.
• 1/15/19-2/24/19: Mr. Popper’s Penguins | Children's Theatre Company, Minneapolis • It is hard enough for Mr. Popper, a modest painter, to support himself and his family, and the unexpected addition of twelve penguins makes it even tougher. • 4+ • Tickets $15+.
• 1/29/19-3/10/19: The Biggest Little House in the Forest | Children's Theatre Company, Minneapolis • A preschool favorite production of a group of animals who learn to share the perfect little house. • PreK • Tickets $15+.
ACT Pass Program at Children's Theatre Company
CTC's ACT Pass Program is a needs-based scholarship program for tickets, classes, and camps. You can read more about Joy's experience with the ACT Pass Program here. Besides the ACT Pass program, CTC suggests other ways to save on tickets, including rush tickets and preview performances.
Theatre Arts Training at Children's Theatre
Gianna has also interviewed Ellie McKay, the director of the TAT program. You can read that interview here.
Articles and Reviews of Past Productions by Children's Theatre Company
We love CTC and think our reviews speak for this fondness. While some productions are more appropriate for certain ages, we have never been disappointed.
- Cinderella 2016
- Last Firefly
- Elephant and Piggie’s We’re In A Play
- 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid
- Animal Dance
- The Frog Bride
- The Wizard of Oz
- The Jungle Book
- Akeelah and the Bee
- Peter Pan the Musical
- Dr. Seuss’ How the Grinch Stole Christmas
- Seed Folk
- The Cat in the Hat
- The Scarecrow and His Servant
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar
- Cinderella 2013
- The Wong Kids in The Secret of the Space Chupacabra Go!
- Charlotte's Web
- The Sneetches, The Musical
- The Abominables Musical
- The Wiz - Review