Oh, my goodness! Congratulations! You have a baby (or you are expecting). If you are anything like me, you may be wondering, “What now?” Well, first let me tell you that you can relax. It’s going to be okay. This is your baby guide to Twin Cities resources.
We are going to keep updating this list, so check back as often as you need. And drop us a comment if you have ideas for anything we should add or research. Are you a resource for new parents? Same deal. Leave us a comment, we’ll check it out and add as appropriate.
Getting Outside the House With Baby
Best Twin Cities Baby Outings: If you are looking for a way to get out with baby that has the added bonus of age-appropriate developmental benefits, you’ll love our list of the Best Twin Cities Baby Outings.
- Bump Club & Beyond – An online community with local meet ups for new moms.
- 5 Reasons to Take Your Baby to the Pumpkin Farm!
Favorite Restaurants to enjoy your baby
Start with our list of 10 Baby Friendly Restaurants in the Twin Cities.
Then maybe check out these restaurants:
- Pizzeria Lola, 5557 Xerxes Ave. S., Minneapolis , MN 55410
- Convention Grill and Fountain, 3912 Sunnyside Rd, Edina, MN 55424
- Fig + Farro, 3001 Hennepin Ave S, Minneapolis, MN 55408
- Blackbird, 3800 Nicollet Ave, Minneapolis, MN 55409
- Fika, American Swedish Institute, 2600 Park Ave, Minneapolis, MN 55407
- Hot Plate, 5204 Bloomington Ave, Minneapolis, MN 55417
- Hazel’s Northeast, 2859 Johnson St NE, Minneapolis, MN 55418
- Keg & Case Market, 928 7th St W, St Paul, MN 55102
- Red Robin
Favorite Baby Blogs
Baby blogs can come and go, but these have shown staying power:
- Do Good Diapers – Twin Cities Diaper Delivery Service
- Cloth Diapers – A Parent’s Review of The Options
Favorite Twin Cities Baby Boutiques
These are some of our favorite baby boutiques:
And these come highly recommended, too.
- Moss Envy
- Good Night Moon
- Lil Tulip’s–Stillwater
- Baby Grand
- Enchanted Tree House
Multi-Cultural Baby Resources
Exercise with Baby
- Babies at the Barre We loved partnering with Tori Levine, founder and owner of Babies at the Barre to bring you barre exercises you can do at home. They don’t currently have a Twin Cities franchise, but you can also follow the YouTube Channel:
- Baby Boot Camp, Maplewood & Woodbury
- Hike It Baby, Minnesota Chapter
- Stroller Strides/Fit4Mom
- Blooma – Offiers prenatal, baby-wearing yoga and classes for all ages in between
- Check out our Family Sports Calendar for Stroller-Friendly Events
Baby Classes, Workshops & Resources:
- Pacifier often offers FREE workshops for new and expecting parents.
- Amma Parenting Center offers resources for new and expecting parents at several metro locations
- ECFE – Find your community’s ECFE developmentally appropriate program for parenting support and classes.This is your go to for Early Childhood Screening, Head Start, Even Start, Early Childhood Family Education, and School Readiness.
- A Woman’s Design and the Nesting Place, offers comprehensive resources for new and expecting families.
Reading With Baby
- Baby Story Time @ Red Balloon Bookshop
The various library systems offer Baby Storytimes. Find one close to you here:
Baby Book Recommendations
Looking for some good baby book recommendations?
Local author and illustrator Cori Doerrfeld (The Rabbit Listened) has illustrated a series of lift-the flap books that follow Baby and Puppy through the seasons. These would be a cute addition to any nursery bookshelf.
Amazon links are affiliate links and Family Fun Twin Cities receives a small commission on any sales through our site.
Haven’t picked a name yet? You are in luck. While you probably know the Social Security Administration releases an annual list of the most popular baby names for the country, did you know you can search by just your state? Get some inspiration or pick names you want to avoid from their list of the Most Popular Baby Names in Minnesota.