Valleyfair is a seasonal outdoor amusement park located just south of Minneapolis and St Paul in Shakopee, Minnesota. Spread out over 75 attractions are options for thrill-seekers, lovers of the classic, and youngsters alike. Included with admission is Soak City waterpark (more information below) which gives much more bang for your buck if you visit during the summer.
Numerous special events are held in the park throughout the season. Celebrations have included the Peanuts Celebration, a fun tribute to Minnesota's own Charles Schulz and his lovable collection of comic characters. Meet Charlie Brown's gang and even learn to draw characters from pro artist. In the fall the park transforms into ValleySCARE in the evenings and The Great Pumpkin Fest during daytime hours.
Pre-K Pass at Valleyfair
Continued in 2021, the park will be offering free Pre-K Passes for children ages 3 to 5. Obviously, the child must be accompanied by an adult who is not free. Parking is not included with the Pre-K Pass. However, it is included with other season passes and your Pre-K can't go alone. Note that season passes will auto renew unless you remember to cancel. Find more information here.
Dinosaurs Alive! at Valley Fair
Dinosaurs Alive! is an immersive exhibit that combines animatronics, interactive consoles, and a Mesozoic setting with educational content that reflects the latest scientific theories. This exhibit is not part of the park's daily pass (admission costs $5 extra per person), but it is included in both the season pass and the Pre-K Pass.
Soak City Waterpark at Valley Fair
Soak City Waterpark is included in all Valleyfair admissions when it is open. Cool off in the wave pool, float down the lazy river and try out the gamut of tube slides. Like the rest of the park, some rides are not appropriate for smaller children. Please check the height requirements for details.
Tips for Visiting Valleyfair
- There are many ways to score discounted tickets including purchasing online via Valleyfair's website, visiting the park after 4pm or even keeping an eye on Groupon or Living Social. OR consider springing for an Season Pass if you'll visit the park more than once during the year.
- Map out your ride plan ahead of time online. Discuss whether or not you plan to include Soak City Waterpark during your visit and how much time to budget for it.
- Don't shy away from bringing your very youngest kids. There's truly something for every age at Valleyfair, including an air-conditioned Family Center with rooms to feed and change babies and space simply to take a break from the action.
- Bring a water bottle but leave the snacks in the car. It's relatively easy to visit the car during your day to refuel, just grab a hand stamp on the way out.
- Phones are not allowed out while onboard the rides - no exceptions.