Springtime means Minnesota Zoo Farm Babies time whether Minnesota is ready to give them a warm welcome or not!
I’m guessing most of the newly-born lambs, calves, piglets and the rest have been spending their time huddled around heat lamps in the barn instead of basking in the sun at the Wells Fargo Family Farm. The days are warming up! Opening day looks like it will be in the upper 40s, after a week of mostly 40s!
The animals will be greeting guests from March 23 to April 30, 2018. In addition to getting hands-on with the babies, there are tons of other weekend activities to enjoy out at the Wells Fargo Family Farm area of the zoo. The other weekend offerings are as follows:
- Tram rides from the grain elevator (which, by the way, is a fun attraction in itself!) will run from 11:30am-1:30pm.
- Cow milking demonstration 11:00 a.m., 1:00 p.m. & 3:00 p.m
- Family activity 11:00 a.m. -2:00 p.m.
- Special Activities – Easter Weekend – March 31st and April 1st –
- A visit from Peter Rabbit on Easter, March 31, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Animal Enrichment Activities All Weekend
- Saturday:9:00 a.m. – Snow monkey10:00 a.m. – African penguin10:00 a.m. – Brown bear11:00 a.m. – Sea otter1:00 p.m. – Amur tiger
- Sunday:10:00 a.m. – Brown bear10:00 a.m. – African penguin11:00 a.m. – Sea otters1:00 p.m. – Amur tiger
- April 21 & 22 – Square dance demonstrations
- April 21 & 22 – University of Minnesota Bee Squad
- April 14, 15, 21, 22, 28 & 29 – Guild of Metalsmiths demonstrations
You are invited toFree
Heartfelt on Saturday, April 14, 2018
10:00 am-1:00 pm
For more ways to get your Farm Baby Fix, Where to Find the Minnesota Farm Babies in 2018.