Springtime means Minnesota Zoo Farm Babies time whether Minnesota is ready to give them a warm welcome or not! I’m guessing most of the newly-born lambs, calves, piglets and the rest have been spending their time huddled around heat lamps in the barn instead of basking in the sun at the Wells Fargo Family Farm. While we can’t guarantee the lack of spring blizzards, the days are warming up! The Minnesota zoo proves this with the arrival of newborn livestock in the barns.
Baby Animals at the Minnesota Zoo
The new born animals will be greeting guests from late April to early June. In addition to getting hands-on with the babies, there are tons of other weekend activities to enjoy out at the Wells Fargo Family Farm area of the zoo, including interactive exhibits, games, music, and farm demonstrations.
When Does Minnesota Zoo’s Farm Open?
The Minnesota Zoo has announced that Farm Babies will open for 2023 on April 29 and run through June 5. If the weather does get cooler, warm up on the indoor tropical paths. We will keep watching and share the latest news as it is announced.
While you wait, the zoo has some fun things leftover from last year’s exhibit on its website:
- Get a peek into the barns with a live webcam on the zoo’s website anytime. See a live goat feed or sheep barn. Maybe you’ll get to see newborn kid goats before anyone else!
- Play an online farming game – Pig Jumper or Build a Farm. Both would be fun games for your little farm lover to get a little farm time while they wait for spring.
- Learn some fun farm facts about the importance of pollinators for healthy ecosystems, why they are considered “forgotten farm babies” and the impact of the Minnesota Zoo’s Prairie Butterfly Conservation Project and even print a pollinator coloring sheet.
What Farm Animals Can You See?
Kids can get an up-close look at a variety of new additions to the farm during the farm babies event, including:
- Goat kids
- Baby bunnies
- Crias (baby llamas)
- Freshly hatched baby chicks
- Pollinators – like butterflies & bees
Admission to the Minnesota Zoo’s Wells Fargo Family Farm exhibit is included with your Minnesota Zoo tickets. Online purchased, timed tickets are still required in 2023 for in-person visits to the zoo.
- You can find current ticket prices and parking rates here.
- Find ways to get discounts to the Minnesota Zoo here.
- Learn more at mnzoo.org/farmbabies
More Ways to Experience Farm Life & Farm Babies in Minnesota
The zoo is not the only farm in the Twin Cities that can’t wait to share the spring babies with us. For more ways to get your Farm Baby Fix, Where to Find the Minnesota Farm Babies in 2023.