Mid-December means opening weekend for many of the Twin Cities-area outdoor ice rinks and we’re sure, as hardy Minnesotans ourselves, that you’re dying to strap on your skates and hustle the kids out to the rinks! That’s why we’ve rounded up this list of local places to skate –and, as nearly all are located in city parks, there’s no charge for the skating. Find your city below to get the latest rink hours, directions, warming house information, and numbers to call for rink conditions.
February 17, 2023: It is that time of year! Spring is making hopeful overtures. While we know better than to put away the winter gear, outdoor rinks are starting to close. We’ve had a relatively warm and wet February, so please check the city website or social media before heading out for a day of skating.
More Wintery Family Fun: Twin Cities Guide to the Best Sledding Hills.
We highly recommend signing up for notifications from your favorite cities. Skating season is short — usually lasting only from late December – mid-February — and closures are frequent due to unsafe ice conditions or dangerous cold. Rinks close when it is too cold (typically an air temperature of -10F or negative 20 degree wind chill index ), or for warm temperatures that cause thawing of ice, or due to snowfalls that have not been cleared. By early March, stronger sun tends to result in higher daily temperatures, creating weak spots in the ice.
If you don’t see your city below, please contact us to have yours added to the list or leave the information in the comments. Thanks, and enjoy your outdoor rec time!
- Jump to Minneapolis & St Paul Skating Rinks
- Jump to Northwest Metro Skating Rinks
- Jump to Northeast Metro Skating Rinks
- Jump to Southeast Metro Skating Rinks
- Jump to Southwest Metro Skating Rinks
3 REFRIGERATED RINKS OPEN NOW!
If you just can’t wait for temperatures to drop to get out skating, a few cities keep refrigerated rinks that open earlier than the rest. Scroll down to learn about these rinks:
- Central Park Ice Skating Loop – Maple Grove, Minnesota
- Guidant John Rose MN OVAL – Roseville, Minnesota.
- M Health Fairview Sports Center Outdoor Rink – Woodbury, Minnesota
MINNEAPOLIS & ST PAUL OUTDOOR ICE SKATING RINKS
Minneapolis Ice Skating Rinks
The city of Minneapolis maintains outdoor ice rinks at 24 parks. Nearly all locations provide warming shelters and free loaner skates available on a first come, first served basis. Many offer separate spaces for general skating and recreational uses such as hockey and broomball. You can even skate on three Minneapolis lakes!
Opening Day: December 17, 2022.
Weather Line: As with wading pools, Minneapolis Parks keeps an up-to-date ice rink status page.
Hours: Rinks are lit until 9pm. Minneapolis Parks are open 6am-Midnight.
Warming Room Hours are 5-9pm weeknights, 12-9 Saturdays and school release days, 1-5pm Sundays.
Map: Thank you to our reader, Matthew, who has shared his Google map of these locations (excluding the Bryn Mawr broomball rink), here:
- Armatage Park, 2500 W 57th St. Minneapolis, MN 55410
- Bohanon Park, 4917 Bryant Ave. N, Minneapolis, MN 55430
- Bryant Square Park, 3101 Bryant Ave S, Minneapolis, MN 55408
- Bryn Mawr Meadows Park, 601 Morgan Ave S, Minneapolis, MN 55405 (broomball only)
- Hiawatha School Park, 4305 E 42nd St, Minneapolis, MN 55406
- Kenny Park, 1328 W 58th St. Minneapolis, MN 55419
- Lake Hiawatha Park, 2701 E 44th St. Minneapolis, MN 55406
- Lake Nokomis Park, 2401 E Minnehaha Pkwy, Minneapolis, MN 55417
- Lake of the Isles, 2500 Lake of the Isles Parkway E., Minneapolis, MN 55405
- Linden Hills Park, 3100 W 43rd St, Minneapolis, MN 55410
- Logan Park, 690 13th Ave NE, Minneapolis, MN 55413
- Longfellow Park, 3435 36th Avenue South, Minneapolis, MN 55406
- Lyndale Farmstead Park, 3900 Bryant Ave S, Minneapolis, MN 55409
- Lynnhurst Park, 1345 W Minnehaha Parkway Minneapolis, MN 55419
- Matthews Park, 2318 29th Ave S, Minneapolis, MN 55406
- McRae Park, 906 E 47th St, Minneapolis, MN 55407
- North Commons Park, 1801 James Ave N, Minneapolis, MN 55411,
- Pearl Park, 414 East Diamond Lake Road, Minneapolis, MN 55419
- Powderhorn Park, 3400 15th Ave S, Minneapolis, MN 55407
- Sibley Park, 1900 E 40th St. Minneapolis, MN 55407
- Van Cleve Park, 901 15th Ave SE, Minneapolis, MN 55414
- Webber Park, 4300 Webber Parkway, Minneapolis, MN 55412
- Windom Northeast Park, 2251 NE Hayes St, Minneapolis, MN 55418
Indoor Option: PARADE ICE GARDEN in Minneapolis offers indoor open skating at just $3/pp (under 5 FREE) and $2 skate rentals. Please see the website link for schedules.
St Paul Ice Skating Rinks
The city of St Paul historically maintains 15 general outdoor ice skating rinks, many neighborhood hockey rinks and three refrigerated hockey rinks. Note, however, that there are only 8 rink sites listed again for the 2022/23 season. Most have lighting and warming house facilities.
Opening day: Refrigerated rinks opened Dec 27, 2022.
Weather Line: 651-558-2118
Hours: Lighting hours vary by rink, but all lights are off by 9pm; St. Paul Parks are opened from sunrise to 11pm.
Warming room hours: See rec center hours.
- Battle Creek Park, 75 Winthrop Street North, St Paul, MN 55119
- Desnoyer Park, 525 Pelham Blvd, Saint Paul, MN 55104
- Edgcumbe Park, 320 Griggs Street South, Saint Paul, MN 55105
- Groveland Park, 2021 St Clair Ave, Saint Paul, MN 55105
- Langford Park, 30 Langford Park, Saint Paul, MN 55108 (refrigerated)
- North Dale Park*, 1414 St Albans St N, Saint Paul, MN 55117 (one refrigerated hockey rink)
- Palace Park*, 781 Palace Ave. Saint Paul, MN 55102 (refrigerated)
- Phalen Park*, 1000 E Wheelock Parkway, St. Paul, MN 55106 (one refrigerated hockey rink)
Indoor option: Free open skating for all ages is available at Charles M. Schulz Highland Arena starting in November. Skate rental is available for $10/pair and sharpening for $5/pair.
TWIN CITIES NORTHWEST METRO OUTDOOR ICE SKATING RINKS
Albertville-St Michael Area Ice Rinks
ALBERTVILLE: CENTRAL PARK is the place for free outdoor ice skating in the city of Albertville. The park includes one full size hockey rink, a half size hockey rink and a pleasure skate rink. 5801 Lander Avenue NE, Albertville MN.
ST MICHAEL: The lower segment of RECREATION CENTER PARK contains, during the winter, hockey rinks, a pleasure ice skating rink and a warming house. Call (763) 496-6820 for any questions.
Seeking an indoor ice skating option? The STMA Ice Arena typically offers public open skate hours on the weekends for around $5. (No skate rental available.) Skate hours are published on their social media page.
Andover Ice Rinks
Warming houses, rink attendants and hockey rinks are featured at four of the locations in the City of Andover, with 3 other locations without warming houses. PRAIRIE KNOLL PARK also has a lit sledding hill.
Opening day: Opening planned for the last week of December if weather cooperates.
Hours: Andover Parks are open 6am to 11pm.
Warming room hours: Weekdays 4pm-9pm; Weekends 1pm-9pm
- City Campus Hockey Complex & Warming House, 1885 Crosstown Blvd. NW, Andover, MN 55304
- Crooked Lake Warming House and Rink Facility, 2939 Bunker Lake Blvd. NW. Andover, MN 55304
- Hawk Ridge Park & Warming House, 18001 Verdin Street NW, Andover, MN 55304
- Hidden Creek East, 2156 135th Lane NW, Andover, MN 55304
- Hidden Creek North, 2620 Bunker Lake Blvd. NW, Andover, MN 55304
- Nordeen’s Park, 15535 Juniper Street NW, Andover, MN 55304
- Prairie Knoll Rink & Warming House, 14800 Prairie Road, Andover, MN 55304
Anoka Skating Rinks
In the City of Anoka, each location has an ice skating rink, hockey rink and warming house. George Enloe Park also has 2 lit sledding hills, one created for younger children.
Contact: 763-576-2980 – rink questions or concerns.
Hours: Anoka Parks are open 6am to 11pm.
Warming room hours: Mondays 1pm-8pm; Tuesday-Thursday 4pm-8pm; Friday 1pm-8pm; Saturday 12pm-8pm; Sunday 12pm-8pm. Special hours for holidays and school release.
- George Enloe Park, 631 Lund Blvd, Anoka, MN 55303
- Lincoln Elementary School, 540 South St, Anoka, MN 55303
- Rick Sorenson Park, 2015 State Ave, Anoka, MN 55303
- Rudy Johnson Park, 605 Polk St, Anoka, MN 55303
- Wilson Elementary School, 1025 Sunny Ln, Anoka, MN 55303
Blaine Ice Skating Rinks
The City of Blaine maintains 6 rinks with warming houses* and 6 more without. Some locations have hockey rinks.
Opening Day: December 26, 2022 (weather permitting).
Parks & Rec: 763-785-6164 (Find rink updates in the top right corner of Blaine’s ice rink page)
Hours: Blaine parks are open 5am to 10pm.
Warming Room Hours: Weekdays 4-9pm; Saturday 12pm-9pm; Sunday 12pm-7pm. (Quincy Park weekends 12pm-7pm)
- Aurelia Park*, 382 91st Ave NE, Blaine, MN 55434
- Austin Park, 4041 85th Lane NE, Blaine, MN 55449
- Carrara East Park, 13129 Eldorado St NE, Blaine, MN 55449
- Deacons Park, 11200 Arnold Palmer Drive NE, Blaine, MN 55449
- Happy Acres Park*, 11900 7th St NE, Blaine, MN 55434
- Ivy Hills Park, 12197 Fergus St NE, Blaine, MN 55449
- Lexington Athletic Complex*, 4286 121st Ave NE, Blaine, MN 55449
- Ostmans Park*, 1201 130th Ln NE, Blaine, MN 55449
- Quail Creek Park*, 2168 Quail Creek Pkwy NE, Blaine, MN 55449
- Quincy Park*, 10601 Quincy Blvd NE, Blaine, MN 55434
- Swan Park, 9790 Fifth Street NE, Blaine, MN 55449
- Xylite Park, 9033 Xylite St NE, Blaine, MN 55449
Indoor option: The National Sports Center in Blaine is home to Schwan’s Super Rink and the public is welcome to come during open skate hours. Public Skate admission is $7/pp.
Brooklyn Center Skating Rink Amenities
Some Brooklyn Park parks feature both skating and hockey rinks. Only two have warming houses – Centennial Park West & Evergreen Park.
Hours: Brooklyn Center Parks are open 5am to 10pm.
Warming room hours: Monday-Thursday: 1pm-9pm; Friday 4-9pm; Saturday 1pm-9pm; Sunday 12pm-5pm. (Closed Christmas Eve, Christmas and New Year’s Day)
- Bellvue Park, 801 55th Avenue North, Brooklyn Center, MN 55430
- Centennial West Park & Warming House, 6254 Brooklyn Dr., Brooklyn Center, MN 55430
- Evergreen Park & Warming House, 7112 N Bryant Ave., Brooklyn Center, MN 55430
- Grandview Park, 1400 59th Ave N., Brooklyn Center, MN 55430
- Kylawn Park, 6015 Kyle Ave N., Brooklyn Center, MN 55430
- Northport Park, 5600 France Ave N., Brooklyn Center, MN 55429
- Riverdale Park, 7031 Dallas Rd., Brooklyn Center, MN 55430 (Hockey only)
- West Palmer Park, 7110 Palmer Lake Drive, Brooklyn Center, MN 55430
- Willow Lane Park, 4800 69th Ave N., Minneapolis, MN 55429
Brooklyn Park Outdoor Skating Rinks
Four parks in Brooklyn Park have public warming houses*. Parks marked with an (H) also maintain hockey rinks. Central Park features a sledding hill, warming house and both pleasure and hokey rinks all in one space.Weather Line: 763-493-8181, option #1
Hours: Lights from 4:45-10pm nightly (at some rinks)
Warming Room Hours: Unstaffed, but keys are available for daily rental.
- Brookdale Park (H), 7650 June Ave N., Brooklyn Park, MN 55443
- Central Park* (H), 8440 Regent Ave N., Brooklyn Park, MN 55443
- College Park*, 8233 West Broadway Avenue, Brooklyn Park, MN 55428
- Edinbrook Park, 2900 Edinbrook Parkway, Brooklyn Park, MN 55443
- Jewell Park*, 1400 North 89th Avenue, Brooklyn Park, MN 55444
- Monroe Park*, 700 Meadowwood Dr., Minneapolis, MN 55444
- Norwood Park (H), 8100 Newton Ave N, Brooklyn Park, MN 55444
- Willowstone Park (H), 1909 95th Ave N., Brooklyn Park, MN 55444
Indoor option: BROOKLYN PARK ICE ARENA offers indoor open skating at just $3-$4/pp; family rate for residents: $11/family.
Champlin Seasonal Outdoor Rinks
Champlin maintains rinks at five parks, three of which have warming facilities. These parks are marked with an *.
Opening Day: December 28, 2022 through mid-February 2023, weather permitting
Weather Hotline: 763-923-7127
Hours: Champlin parks are open 6am to 10pm
Warming Room Hours*: Weekdays: 4-9pm; weekends & school release days: noon-9pm.
- Andrews Park*, 7200 117th Ave N., Champlin, MN 55316
- Brittany Park*, 11005 Brittany Drive, Champlin, MN 55316
- Northland Park, 8001 114th Avenue N., Champlin, MN 55316
- Richardson Park*, 302 Colburn Street, Champlin, MN 55316
- Woodlawn/Charest Park, 11217 Independence Avenue, Champlin, MN 55316
Columbia Heights Skating Rinks
The City of Columbia Heights maintains two outdoor ice rinks. McKenna Park also has a sledding hill.
- Ostrander Park, 1500 40th Avenue, Columbia Heights, MN 55421
- McKenna Park, 4757 7th Street, Columbia Heights, MN 55421
Coon Rapids Ice Skating
The City of Coon Rapids maintains 5 regulation outdoor hockey rinks and 4 open skating rinks including a seasonal outdoor rink at Coon Rapids Ice Center. There are warming houses at the rinks. Riverview Park also has a sledding hill.
Hours: Coon Rapids parks close at 10pm.
Warming Room Hours: Weekdays 5pm-9pm; Saturdays & school release: 1pm-9pm; Sundays: 1pm-6pm.
- Coon Rapids Ice Center, 11000 Crooked Lake Boulevard, Coon Rapids, MN 55433
- Riverview Park, 2420 105th Avenue Coon Rapids, MN 55433
- Sand Creek Park, 1008 Northdale Boulevard, Coon Rapids, MN 55448
- Thorpe Park, 2691 Carlson Drive, Coon Rapids, MN 55433
- Wintercrest Park, 10300 Woodcrest Drive, Coon Rapids, MN 55433
Indoor option: COON RAPIDS ICE CENTER offers indoor open skating at just $5/ages 6+ and FREE for age 5 and under with paid adult.
Crystal Supervised Rinks & Warming Houses
The City of Crystal maintains and supervises four rinks with outdoor lights and warming houses. North Lions and Valley Place Parks also have sledding hills – lit until 10pm.
2022/2023 Season: Saturday, Dec. 26, 2022 – Monday, Feb. 20, 2023 (weather and health restrictions allowing)
Weather Line: 763-531-1184
Hours: Lights are on timers and will come on from 4:30pm-10pm.
Warming Room Hours: Weekdays from 4:30 to 8pm; Saturdays from 12-8pm and Sundays from 12-6pm. Some holidays and none school days have special hours and rinks will be closed when weather dictates.
- Becker Park, 5530 Douglas Dr. N., Crystal, MN 55429 – Still listed on Crystal’s website but not in 2023 updates?
- North Lions Park*, 6100 Louisiana Ave N., New Hope, MN 55428
- Valley Place Park*, 6822 32nd Ave N., Minneapolis, MN 55427
- Welcome Park, 5598 46th Ave N., Crystal, MN 55422
Fridley Skating Facilities
The City of Fridley maintains 10 ice skating rinks and 5 hockey rinks in city parks. There is one warming house facility located at Commons Park, where there is also a sledding hill.
Hours: Fridley parks are open 5am-10pm.
Warming room hours: Weekdays: 4pm-8pm; weekends: 1pm-8pm (also holidays and school release days).
- Briardale Park, 6171 Rice Creek Dr., Fridley, MN 55432
- Commons Park Oval, 555 61st Ave NE, Fridley, MN 55432
- Hackmann Park, 1071 Hackmann Circle, Fridley, MN 55432
- Hayes Elementary, 615 Mississippi St NE, Fridley, MN 55432
- Logan Park, 155 Logan Parkway, Fridley, MN 55432
- Madsen Park, 7358 73rd Ave NE, Fridley, MN 55432
- Ruth Circle Park, 9160 Ashton Avenue, Fridley, MN 55432
- Plymouth Square Park, 4801 Main Street, Fridley, MN 55421
- Sylvan Hills, 6205 Jupiter Dr., Fridley, MN 55432
Golden Valley Skating Rinks
The City of Golden Valley maintains 6 parks with both general ice skating and hockey rinks plus warming houses, plus for more general rinks without warming houses. There is also a designated sledding hill at Scheid Park.
Projected opening day: Dec 22, 2022.
Activities cancellation line: 763-512-2350
Hours: Golden Valley parks are open sunrise to 10 pm.
Warming room hours: Weekdays: 4pm-9pm; Sat 10am-9pm; Sundays differ by location and special holiday hours apply. Learn more here.
- Gearty Park, 3101 Regent Ave N, Golden Valley, MN 55422
- Hampshire Park, 1601 Louisiana, Golden Valley, MN 55427
- Lions Park, 151 Louisiana Ave N, Golden Valley, MN 55427
- Medley Park, 2331 Ensign Ave N, Golden Valley, MN 55427
- North Tyrol Park, 900 Westwood Dr S., Golden Valley, MN 55416*
- Scheid Park, 1856 Toledo Ave N, Golden Valley, MN 55422
- South Tyrol Park, 1510 Kaltern Ln, Golden Valley, MN 55416*
- Stockman Park, 3300 Major Ave N, Golden Valley, MN 55422*
- Wesley Park, 8305 Wesley, Golden Valley, MN 55427
- Yosemite Park, 351 Yosemite Ave N, Golden Valley, MN 55422*
*No warming house at this rink.
Maple Grove Outdoor Skating Rinks
The City of Maple Grove maintains ten community skating rinks. Eight locations have warming shelters and attendants. Thoreson Special Use Park offers skating without a shelter or lights.
Opening Day: Some rinks are open as of December 28, 2022. See updates here.
Weather Line: 763-494-5959
Hours: Maple Grove park hours are 6am-11pm.
Warming Room Hours: Weekdays: 4pm-8:30pm; weekends: noon-8:30pm (also holidays and school release days).
- Boundary Creek Park, 10122 104th Ave N, Maple Grove, MN 55369
- Cedar Island Elementary School, 6701 East Fish Lake Rd., Maple Grove, MN 55369
- Donahue North, 6632 Annapolis Lane, Maple Grove, MN 55311
- Elm Creek Elementary School, 9820 Revere Ln N., Maple Grove, MN 55369
Gleason Fields, 18815 67th Ave N., Maple Grove, MN 55311. Closed for the 2023 season due to construction.
- Kerber Playfield, 9095 Elm Creek Blvd N, Maple Grove, MN 55369
- Maple Grove Middle School, 7000 Hemlock Lane, Maple Grove, MN 55369
- Thoresen Park, 6259 Eagle Lake Dr., Maple Grove, MN 55369
- Weaver Lake Park, 8401 Dunkirk Ln N, Maple Grove, MN 55311
Maple Grove Central Park Ice Skating Loop
12000 Central Park Way, Maple Grove, MN 55369
Skate a leisurely serpentine loop illuminated at night and in close proximity to a roaring fireplace in the adjacent indoor pavilion. Skating is free, bring your own skates possibly or rent a pair for $7.50 (please inquire at the pavilion as availability may change.) Opens Friday November 25, 2022 (weather permitting). 10am-9pm.
Special events include a Skate with Santa on December 10th from 5pm-8pm.
New Brighton Ice Skating Rinks
The City of New Brighton will maintain three outdoor ice rinks with warming houses this year.
2022-2023 season: December 23, 2022 to February 20, 2023
Weather Line: 651-638-2130
Hours: New Brighton park hours are 5am-11pm.
Warming Room Hours: Weekdays: 4:30pm-8:30pm; weekends: noon-8:30pm. See special holiday hours here.
- Freedom Park, 2121 14th St NW, New Brighton, MN 55112
- Hansen Park, 1555 5th St NW, New Brighton, MN 55112
Sunny Square Park, 2200 Sunnyside Terrace, New Brighton, MN 55112(returning in 2023-24)
- Totem Pole Park*, 1011 Foss Rd, New Brighton, MN 55112
New Hope Outdoor Skating Rinks
Ice rinks with warming houses are maintained at three New Hope parks. Each park has both hockey and general skating rinks.
2022-23 Season: December 26, 2022-February 20, 2023 (weather permitting)
Weather Line: 763-531-5158
Hours: Rinks are lit from 5-9pm.
Warming Room Hours: Fridays: 5-8pm; Saturdays 11am-8pm; Sundays 1-5pm (staff permitting)
- Hidden Valley Park, 8800 32nd Ave N, New Hope, MN 55427
- Lions Park, Lions Park, 3810 Oregon Ave N, New Hope, MN 55428
- Liberty Park, 9015 60th Ave N., New Hope, MN 55428
Otsego Ice Skating
- Prairie Park, 13355 90th Street NE, Otsego, MN 55330
Plymouth Warming Houses & Ice Rinks
The City of Plymouth maintains outdoor ice rinks at seven parks. Some locations have lit rinks, rinks designated for hockey, and warming houses. Learn more about Plymouth outdoor ice rinks.
Opening Day: Late December 2022
Weather Line: 763-509-5205
Hours: Ice Rinks lit from sunset to 10pm. Parks open at 7am.
Warming Room Hours: Weekdays: 5-8pm; weekends: noon-7pm. Special school release hours.
- Bass Lake Playfield*, 5450 Northwest Blvd, Plymouth, MN 55442
- LaCompte Playfield, 10795 Old County Rd 15, Plymouth, MN 55441
- Parkers Lake Park*, 15205 County Road 6, Plymouth, MN 55447
- Plymouth Creek Playfield, 3625 Fernbrook Ln N, Plymouth, MN 55446
- Zachary Playfield, 4355 Zachary Ln, Plymouth, MN 55442
Plymouth’s Millennium Garden Pond
Hilde Performance Center*, 3500 Plymouth Blvd., Plymouth, MN 55447
Located within the city’s beautiful Plymouth Creek Center, the pond has, in years past, transformed into a public ice skating rink during the month of January (ice levels permitting). In 2023, we have not had notice that this skating option is available. Learn more about Plymouth Creek Center.
*Self-monitored and no warming house.
Robbinsdale maintains a rink and warming house at Sanborn Park.
2022-2023 Season: December 27, 2022-February 28, 2023
Recreation Services: 763-531-1278
Warming Room Hours: Monday-Thursday: 5-8:30pm; Friday: 5-9pm; Saturday: 12:30-9pm; Sunday: 12:30-8:30pm.
- Sanborn Park, 42nd Ave N. & Chowen Ave N., Robbinsdale, MN 55442
Spring Lake Park Outdoor Skating Rinks
Spring Lake Park maintains rinks at three parks from mid-December through mid-February. Rinks at Able Park & Terrace Park are lit from dusk – 10:00pm daily. In 2022-23, Able Park’s warming house is closed due to an updates project.
2022-2023 Season: Dec 30-mid February as weather permits.
Parks & Rec Dept: 763-792-7201
Hours: Parks are open 5am-10pm; rink lights (where available) go off at 10pm.
Warming Room Hours: No warming houses in the 2022-23 season.
- Able Park, 8200 Able Street, Spring Lake Park, MN 55432 (Hockey only in 2022-23; no warming house)
- Terrace Park, 410 79th Avenue, Spring Lake Park, MN 55432
- Sanburnol Park, 520 Sanburnol Drive NE, Spring Lake Park, MN 55432 (Pleasure rink only)
TWIN CITIES NORTHEAST METRO OUTDOOR ICE SKATING RINKS
Maplewood Skating Rinks
The City of Maplewood offers 9 parks where general ice skating and hockey are available in the winter. Only 4 locations will offer warming houses in the 2022-23 season.
2022-2023 season: December 26, 2022 – February 12, 2023
Maplewood Parks & Rec: 651-249-2111
Hours: Parks are open 5am-10pm.
Warming Room Hours: Weekdays 5:30-8:30pm (also lit during these times); weekends 1pm-4pm (Wakefield 1pm-7pm and lit until 8:30pm).
- Afton Heights Park, 63 N Sterling, Maplewood, MN 55119
- Edgerton Park, 2001 Bradley Street, Maplewood, MN 55117*
- Four Seasons Park, 1685 Gervais Street, Maplewood, MN 55109
- Gethsemane Park, 2401 East 7th Street, Maplewood, MN 55119
- Kenwood, Kennwood Dr W & E Kenwood Drive, Maplewood MN 55117*
- Kohlman Park, 1000 County Road C, Maplewood, MN 55109*
- Playcrest Park, 2390 Lydia, Maplewood, MN 55109*
- Pleasantview Park, 1100 Marnie, Maplewood, MN 55119*
- Wakefield Park, 1590 Frost, Maplewood, MN 55109
*No warming house.
Indoor option: Free open skating for all ages is available at ALDRICH ARENA starting in November. This facility does not offer skate rental or sharpening.
Oakdale Ice Rinks & Warming Houses
The City of Oakdale maintains public outdoor ice rinks with warming houses at three parks. The pleasure rink at Richard Walton Park has scooters available for inexperienced skaters. Look for family skating days on 1st & 3rd Sundays at Walton Park from 1-3pm, hot chocolate and cookies are served.
2022-2023 season: Late December to late February as weather permits.
Parks & Rec Dept: 651-747-3860
Hours: Oakdale parks are open from a half-hour before sunrise to a half hour after sunset.
Warming Room Hours: Weekdays: 4pm-8pm; Saturday: noon to 8pm; Sunday: noon to 7pm.
- Eastside Park, 1744 Helmo Avenue North, Oakdale, MN 55128
- Northdale Park, 5099 Granada Avenue North, Oakdale, MN 55128
- Richard Walton Park , 1584 Hadley Avenue North, Oakdale, MN 55128
Roseville Neighborhood Ice Rinks
The City of Roseville maintains outdoor ice rinks at six parks, five have warming houses and user-controlled lights. Mapleview does not offer either a warming house or lights.
Opening Day: December 22, 2022.
Rink updates: Found here
Oval Weather Line: 651-792-7191
Hours: Parks are open from 5am-10pm.
Warming room hours: Find individual park rink schedules here.
- Acorn Park, 286 W Co. Rd C, Roseville, MN 55113
- Autumn Grove Park, 1395 Lydia Ave W, Roseville, MN 55113
- Lexington Park, 2131 Lexington Ave N, Roseville, MN 55113
- Mapleview Park, 2917 Matilda Street, Roseville, MN 55113
- Sandcastle Park, 3060 Patton Road, Roseville, MN 55113
- Villa Park, 2055 Cohansey Boulevard, Roseville, MN 55113
Roseville’s Guidant John Rose MN OVAL
The OVAL is the largest outdoor refrigerated skating rink in North America. Skate outdoors November to March ($8/pp, skate rental available for $5). The rink is typically decorated with lights during the holiday season and is a beautiful place to skate outdoors.
Indoor option: The Roseville Skating Center offers ice skating year-round.
Saint Anthony Village Ice Rinks
Saint Anthony Village maintains three outdoor pleasure skating rinks with supervised warming houses. All of the locations also have hockey rinks. Weekdays 4 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.; Saturdays & school release days 10 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.; Sundays 1 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Opening Day: December 28, 2022 (warming houses open Dec 30th)
Hours: Weekdays: 4pm- 8:30pm; Saturdays/no school days: 10am-8:30pm; Sundays: 1pm-8:30pm.
- Central Park, 3503 Silver Lake Road, Saint Anthony, MN 55418
- Emerald Park, 3925 MacAlaster Dr NE, St Anthony, MN 55421
- Silver Point Park, 3010 29th Avenue, Saint Anthony, MN 55418
Shoreview Outdoor Skating Rinks
The City of Shoreview maintains seven outdoor skating rinks with supervised warming houses. All of the locations have lighted hockey (except Shoreview Commons) and general skating rinks.
2022-23 Season: December 26, 2022 – February 24, 2023.
Weather Line: 651-490-4765
Hours: Shoreview parks are open 6am to 10 pm.
Warming Room Hours: Weekdays: 4:30pm-9pm; Saturdays: 12pm-8pm; Sundays: 12pm-6pm. Find holiday & school release days here.
- Bobby Theisen Park, 3575 Vivian Street, Shoreview, MN 55126
- Bucher Park, 5900 Mackubin St, Shoreview, MN 55126
- McCullough Park, 915 County Road I, Shoreview, MN 55126.
- Shamrock Park, 5623 Snelling Ave, Shoreview, MN 55126
- Shoreview Commons, 4580 Victoria St N, Shoreview, MN 55126
- Sitzer Park, 4344 Hodgson Rd, Shoreview, MN 55126
- Wilson Park, 815 County Rd F West, Shoreview, MN 55126
Indoor options: See the three Ramsey County Arenas, located in Maplewood, Saint Paul and Vadnais Heights.
Stillwater Ice Rinks
Stillwater offers unstaffed skating rinks at four locations. There are no warming houses at any of these locations and you will need to bring your own skates.
Hours: Stillwater parks are open sunrise to 10 pm..
Warming room hours: No warming houses.
- Lily Lake, 1208 Greeley St S, Stillwater, MN 55082
- Northland Park, 12975 75th Street North, Stillwater, MN 55082
- Old Athletic Field, 6th Ave S, Stillwater, MN 55082
- St. Croix Valley Rec Center, 1675 Market Drive, Stillwater, MN 55082,
Free Ice Skating Rink at WATER INN
Public Parking Lot #4, 101 Water St S, Stillwater, MN 55082
Included in our Best Things to Do in Stillwater in Winter, this small rink is maintained throughout the season. Park for free and combine it with a day exploring downtown when you need to warm up. FREE. Bring your own skates. The rink plans to be open in January 2023.
Indoor options: LILY LAKE ARENA and ST CROIX VALLEY REC CENTER. Please see the website link for schedules.
Vadnais Heights Ice Rinks
The City of Vadnais Heights offers outdoor ice skating rinks at two parks, both for general skating and for hockey. Both are lit; Community Park has a warming house.
2022-2023 season: Saturday, December 17, 2022 – Monday, February 20, 2023 (weather permitting).
Weather hotline: 651-204-6002
Hours: Rinks are lit until 9pm.
Warming room hours: Thursday-Friday: 4-9pm; weekends 1-9pm.
- Community Park, 641 E County Road F., Vadnais Heights, MN 55127
- Westfield Park, 520 Westfield Lane, Vadnais Heights, MN 55127
Indoor Option: Free open skating for all ages is available at TCO Sports Garden starting in November. Skate rental is available for $10/pair.
White Bear Lake Ice Rinks
The City of White Bear Lake maintains outdoor ice rinks for general skating at three community parks.
- Podvin Park, 1700 9th Street, White Bear Lake, MN 55110
- Ramaley Park, 1883 Park Street, White Bear Lake, MN 55110
- Spruce Park, 3653 McKnight Road, White Bear Lake, MN 55110
TWIN CITIES SOUTHEAST METRO OUTDOOR ICE SKATING RINKS
Apple Valley Outdoor Ice Skating
The City of Apple Valley traditionally offers general skating rinks at 14 community locations. Some locations have a hockey rink with nets and lights and several warming houses.
Hours: Apple Valley parks are open 5am-10pm.
- Apple Valley East Park, 15335 Dunbar Avenue, Apple Valley, MN 55124
- Belmont Park, 118 Belmont Road, Apple Valley, MN 55124
- Briar Oaks Park, 12275 Safari Pass, Apple Valley, MN 55124
- Delaney Park, 4745 147th Street West, Apple Valley, MN 55124
- Faith Park, 15539 Ferris Avenue, Apple Valley, MN 55124
- Farquar Park, 13266 Pilot Knob Road, Apple Valley, MN 55124
- Galaxie Park, 13900 Galaxie Avenue, Apple Valley, MN 55124
- Hagemeister Park, 13000 Johnny Cake Ridge Road, Apple Valley, MN 55124
- Hayes Park, 14601 Hayes Road, Apple Valley, MN 55124
- Heritage Park, 12852 Hamlet Avenue, Apple Valley, MN 55124
- Huntington Park, 12960 Diamond Path, Apple Valley, MN 55124
- Johnny Cake Ridge Park West, 14139 Johnny Cake Ridge Road, Apple Valley, MN 55124
- Pennock Park, 15445 Pennock Avenue, Apple Valley, MN 55124
- Valley Middle School, 1040 Baldwin Drive, Apple Valley, MN 55124
Indoor option: Apple Valley Sports Arena, 14452 Hayes Road, Apple Valley, MN 55124
Burnsville Ice Skating Rinks
The City of Burnsville offers outdoor skating at 11 parks, 3 of which have staffed warming houses. The other 8 sites have lighting on push-button timers. The * sites for warming houses.
Opening Day: Mid-December through mid-February as weather allows
Weather Line: 952-895-4505.
Hours: Burnsville parks are open 5am to 10 pm..
Warming room hours: Weekdays: 4-9pm; Saturdays 12pm-9pm; Sundays 1pm-9pm.
- Highland Forest Park, 12920 Upton Ave S, Burnsville, MN 55337
- Knob Hill Park, 1317 Knob Hill Ln, Burnsville, MN 55337
- Neill Park, 13501 Upton Ave S, Burnsville, MN 55337*
- North River Hills Park, 11501 19th Avenue, Burnsville, MN 55337*
- Northview Park, 14831 Deerwood Drive, Burnsville, MN 55306
- Paha Sapa Park,15016 Chicago Ave, Burnsville, MN 55306*
- Red Oak Park, 12100 River Hills Drive, Burnsville, MN 55337
- South River Hills Park, 11514 River Hills Drive, Burnsville, MN 55337
- Terrace Oaks East Park, 12650 Parc Drive, Burnsville, MN 55337
- Timberland Knolls Park, 205 Harold Drive, Burnsville, MN 55337
- Vista View Park, 1501 Circle Lane Burnsville, MN 55337
- West Buck Hill Park, 15701 Fremont Avenue South, Burnsville, MN 55306
Cottage Grove Ice Rinks
The City of Cottage Grove maintains eight outdoor skating rinks and warming houses during the winter season.
|Armstrong Elementary School||Old Cottage Grove Park|
|Hamlet Park||Peter Thompson Park|
|Hearthside Park||Pine Tree Valley Park|
|Highlands Park||Woodridge Park|
Eagan Ice Skating Rinks
The City of Eagan maintains outdoor skating rinks at 9 parks, eight of which feature rinks just for hockey. All parks except Bur Oaks have rink lights and 5 of the parks offer warming houses. A “*” denotes the park has a warming house.
Weather Hotline: 651-675-5511.
Hours: Monday-Thursday 4pm-8pm, Friday 4-m-9pm; Saturday 10am-9pm; Sunday noon-8pm..
- Bur Oaks Park, 3421 Rolling Hills Drive, Eagan, MN 55121
- Carnelian Park, 1800 Carnelian Lane, Eagan, MN 55122
- Clearwater Park, 1365 Cliff Rd, Eagan, MN 55123*
- Bridle Ridge Park, 3990 Elrene Rd, Eagan, MN 55123*
- Goat Hill Park, 4391 Lexington Ave S, Eagan, MN 55123*
- Lexington Park, 1036 McKee St., Eagan, MN 55121
- Rahn Park, 4425 Sandstone Dr, Eagan, MN 55122*
- RidgeCliff Park, 1750 Covington Ln, Eagan, MN 55122
- Sky Hill Park, 3590 Blue Cross Rd, Eagan, MN 55122*
New in 2023: Skate the Omni
Omni Viking Lakes Hotel, 2611 Nordic Way, Eagan, Minnesota, 55121
A man-made skating rink will be open daily from 10am-10pm during Viking Lakes “Winter Skolstice”. There is a nearby warming house and sledding is also available. Registration and waiver required prior to your first visit. FREE.
Inver Grove Heights Outdoor Ice Rinks
Weather Hotline & rinkuUpdates: 651-450-2595.
Hours: Vary by location. Find hours and amenities here.
The City of Inver Grove Heights operates outdoor skating rinks at five community parks, three of which feature warming houses. South Valley Park also offers a sledding hill.
- Groveland Park, 1990 46th St., Inver Grove Heights, MN 55077
- Oakwood Park, 3534 78th St. E., Inver Grove Heights, MN 55076
- Skyview Park, 6765 Dawn. Ave., Inver Grove Heights, MN 55076
- South Valley Park, 2810 70th St. E., Inver Grove Heights, MN 55076
- Southern Lakes, 10810 Alison Way, Inver Grove Heights, MN 55077
Mendota Heights Ice Skating Rinks
The City of Mendota Heights maintains three outdoor skating rinks for general skating and hockey with staffed warming houses.
|Friendly Hills Park||Wentworth Park|
Rosemount Outdoor Ice Rinks
The City of Rosemount maintains three outdoor ice rinks with warming houses.
|Bloomfield Park||Jaycee Park|
Woodbury Outdoor Ice Skating Rinks
The City of Woodbury operates four warming houses at select outdoor skating rinks. The M Health Fairview Sports Center refrigerated outdoor rink is also free of charge; please check the website for schedule. Woodbury reminds skaters that stormwater ponds are not safe for ice skating.
Opening Day: January 7, 2023
Weather Line: 651-714-3569
Hours: Rinks may be used from 4:30pm to 10pm.
- Colby Lake Park, 9715 Valley Creek Road, Woodbury, MN 55125
- Kargel Park, 9301 Tamarack Road, Woodbury, MN 55125
- Ojibway Park, 2695 Ojibway Drive, Woodbury, MN 55125
- Shawnee Park, 6515 Scheel Drive, Woodbury, MN 55125
Refrigerated outdoor ice rink: M HEALTH FAIRVIEW SPORTS CENTER OUTDOOR RINK
Opening Day: November 21, 2022
Address: 4125 Radio Drive, Woodbury, MN 55125
Hours: Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday: 9am-8pm; Wednesday: 9am-5pm; Friday and Saturday: 8am-9pm.
Skate Rental/sharpening: $6.00
West St Paul Outdoor Ice Rinks
The City of West St Paul maintains outdoor ice rinks and staffed warming houses for general skating at six parks. Three of the parks also have designated hockey rinks.
|Dodd Park||Orme Park|
|Harmon Park||Southview Park|
|Haskell Park||Weschcke Park|
TWIN CITIES SOUTHWEST METRO OUTDOOR ICE SKATING RINKS
Some rinks allow hockey. Others only pleasure skating.
Bloomington Outdoor Ice Rinks
The city of Bloomington has reduced the number of outdoor rinks that receive daily maintenance from thirteen to nine park locations. Each has a general rink, at least one hockey rink, and outdoor lights.
Opening Day: Dec.15, 2022 – Feb. 19, 2023 (weather permitting)
Weather Line: 952-563-8878, option 3
Hours: Lights operate daily from 4:30am-10pm.
Warming room hours: Mon-Thurs: 4-8pm; Fri: 4-9pm; Sat: 10am-9pm; Sun: 12-8pm. Rinks are closed Dec 24, 25, 31 & Jan 1.
- Brookside Park, 10000 Xerxes Avenue South, Bloomington, MN 55431
- Bryant Park, 1001 West 85th Street, Bloomington, MN 55431
- Kelly Park, 185 East 102nd Street, Bloomington, MN 55420
- Poplar Bridge Park, 4600 West 85th Street, Bloomington, MN 55437
- Ridgeview Park, 6001 West 94th Street, Bloomington, MN 55438
- Running Park, 9510 12th Avenue South, Bloomington, MN 55425
- Southwood Park, 4800 Terracewood Drive, Bloomington, MN 55431
- Sunrise Park, 9401 Bloomington Ferry Road, Bloomington, MN 55438
- Westwood Park, 3490 West 109th Street, Bloomington, MN 55431
Indoor option: The BLOOMINGTON ICE GARDEN offers year-round ice skating (fees apply).
Chanhassen Ice Rinks
Chanhassen maintains rinks at six locations. All six locations have family rinks and four also offer hockey rinks. All parks exception Pioneer Pass offer warming houses.
Opening day: Warming Houses opened December 27, 2022
Hours: Outdoor skating rinks are open during park hours, 6am-10pm daily.
Warming room hours: Most locations are open Weekdays 4-9pm, Sat & school release days 10am-9pm; Sun 1pm-7pm.; Roundhouse Park warming room is closed weekdays and open Saturdays 12-6pm and Sunday 1-7pm.
- City Center Park, 7700 Market Blvd, Chanhassen, MN 55317
- Chanhassen Recreation Center, 2310 Coulter Blvd, Chanhassen, MN 55317
- North Lotus Lake Park, 295 Pleasant View Road, Chanhassen, MN 55317
- Bandimere Park, 9405 Great Plains Boulevard, Chanhassen, MN 55317
- Roundhouse Park 3950 Kings Road, Chanhassen, MN 55317 (Abbreviated warming house hours)
- Pioneer Pass Park, 9630 Bluff Creek Drive, Chanhassen, MN 55317 (No warming room)
Eden Prairie Outdoor Ice Rinks
The City of Eden Prairie maintains public outdoor ice rinks at 9 parks. Each location has outdoor lights and a staffed warming house. Skating hours vary by park. Staring Lake Park offers free skates and kicksled loaners and also has a steep sledding hill that is good for older children.
Weather Line: 952-949-8449, option 1
Hours: Eden Prairie Parks are open 6am-10pm.
Warming house & lighting hours: Varies by location. Find warming house hours here.
- Crestwood Park, 9780 Dell Road, Eden Prairie, MN 55344
- Homeward Hills Park, 12000 Silverwood Drive, Eden Prairie, MN 55347
- Prairie View Park, 17255 Peterborg Road, Eden Prairie, MN 55346
- Edenvale Park, 17255 Peterborg Road, Eden Prairie, MN 55346
- Miller Park, 8208 Eden Prairie RdEden Prairie, MN 55347
- Round Lake Park, 16691 Valley View Road Eden Prairie, Minnesota 55346
- Forest Hills Park, 13708 Holly Rd, Eden Prairie, MN 55346
- Nesbitt Preserve Park, 8641 Center Way, Eden Prairie, MN 55344
- Staring Lake Park, 14800 Pioneer Trail, Eden Prairie, MN 55347
Indoor option: EDEN PRARIE COMMUNITY CENTER has three indoor rinks and offer open skate and kids skate times.
Edina Outdoor Ice Skating Rinks
Each of the twelve community parks operated by the City of Edina has both a pleasure skating rink and a hockey rink. They all have staffed warming houses. Rinks are open weekdays from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Saturdays from 9 a.m.to 9:30 p.m.; and Sundays from 1 p.m., to 8 p.m. Centennial Lakes Park’s outdoor skating ponds operate on a separate schedule and do not allow hockey.
Opening Day: December 12, 2022 (weather dependent)
Weather Line: Text CLOSURES to 57838
2022-23 hours: Mondays-Fridays 4-9:30 p.m.; Saturdays 9 a.m.-9:30 p.m.; Sundays 1-8 p.m.
Warming room hours: Weekdays 4-9:30pm; Saturday 9am-9:30pm; Sunday 1pmto 8pm. With special holiday and school release day hours.
- Arden Park, 5230 Minnehaha Blvd., Edina, MN 55424
- Cornelia School Park, 7142 Cornelia Dr., Edina, MN 55435
- Countryside Park, 6240 Tracy Ave, Edina, MN 55436
- Creek Valley Park, 6301 Gleason Road, Edina, MN 55439
- Highlands Park, 5200 Doncaster Way, Edina, MN 55436
- Lewis Park, 7300 Cahill Road, Edina, MN 55439
- Normandale Park, 6501 Warren Ave, Edina, MN 55439
- Pamela Park, 4303 West 58th Street, Pamela Park, Edina, MN 55424
- Strachauer Park, 6200 Beard Avenue, Edina, MN 55410
- Todd Park, 4429 Vandervork Avenue, Edina, MN 55436
- Walnut Ridge Park, 5801 Londonderry Rd., Edina, MN 55436
- Weber Park, 4115 Grimes Avenue S, Edina, MN 55416
Centennial Lakes Park
7499 France Ave S, Edina, MN 55435
Our pick for the coolest outdoor skating in the Twin Cities. Skate free (rentals available) around the ponds and the canals that connect them, then warm up by the fireplace with hot chocolate from the pavilion’s concession stand. Learn more about all the fun year-round activities at Centennial Lakes Park.
Hopkins Outdoor Ice Rinks
Outdoor ice skating rinks and warming houses (except for Hilltop Park) are operated at seven Hopkins parks. Five have designated hockey rinks.
|Burnes Park||Interlachen Park|
|Central Park||Oakes Park|
|Harley Hopkins Family Center||Valley Park|
Minnetonka Outdoor Ice Rinks
Outdoor ice skating rinks and warming houses are operated at seven Minnetonka parks.
|Boulder Creek Park||McKenzie Park|
|Covington Park||Meadow Park|
|Glen Lake School||Spring Hill Park|
|Gro Tonka Park|
More in Minnetonka: DICK’S HOUSE OF SPORT has opened a brand-new outdoor ice skating rink located on their space in Ridgedale Mall. The public is invited to book open skate times or even block off private ice time. Skating is FREE through December 25, 2022, then $8/pp until February 25, 2023. Skate rental is available for $$5/pair. We had the chance to check out the new rink; read all about it!
Richfield Outdoor Ice Rinks
Richfield maintains eight outdoor ice rinks with two warming house locations open on alternating days. Five of the parks have hockey rinks, all are lit until 9pm.
|Augsburg Park||Jefferson Park|
|Christian Park||Madison Park|
|Donaldson Park||Roosevelt Park|
|Fremont Park||Taft Park|
St. Louis Park Outdoor Ice Skating Rinks
The city of St Louis Park operates outdoor ice rinks at eleven parks. Amenities include general ice rinks, hockey rinks, lights and warming houses.
Weather Line: 952-924-2567
Hours: St. Louis Park parks are open from 5am-11pm.
Warming room hours: Monday-Thursday 4-8pm; Friday 4-8:30pm; Saturday 10am-8:30pm; Sunday 12pm to 7pm. With special holiday and school release day hours and some parks are on their own schedule. Learn more here.
- Ainsworth Park, 7700 W 28th St, St Louis Park, MN 55426
- Bass Lake Park, 3450 Glenhurst Ave., St. Louis Park, MN 55416
- Birchwood Park, 2701 Zarthan Ave. S., St. Louis Park, MN 55416
- Browndale Park, 4955 Morningside Rd., St. Louis Park, MN 55416
- Center Park, 3750 Wooddale Ave., St. Louis Park, MN 55416
- Fern Hill Park, 4421 28th St. W., St. Louis Park, MN 55416
- Jackley Park, 4215 Brookside Ave., St. Louis Park, MN 55416
- Nelson Park, 2500 Georgia Ave. S., St. Louis Park, MN 55426 (see special skating schedule for Nelson Park)
- Oak Hill Park, 3201 Rhode Island Ave. S., St. Louis Park, MN 55426
- Parkview Park, 6801 33rd St. W., St. Louis Park, MN 55426
- Willow Park, 2500 Rhode Island Ave. S., St. Louis Park, MN 55426
Open Outdoor Skating at the Recreation Outdoor Center, 3700 Monterey Drive, St. Louis Park, MN 55416, Oct. 14, 2022 – March 12, 2023.
- Friday 5:45 – 7:15 p.m.
- Saturday 12:15 – 1:45 a.m. (no skating Feb. 18)
- Sunday 12:15 – 1:45 p.m. (no skating Dec. 25, Jan. 1, & Feb. 19)
Indoor Option: Open Indoor Skating at the Rec Center, 3700 Monterey Drive, St. Louis Park, MN 55416, Sept. 7, 2022 – June 11, 2023.
- Monday, Wednesday, Friday Noon – 1:30 p.m. (no skating Dec. 28)
- Saturday 10:15 – 11:45 a.m.
- Sunday 2:00 – 3:30 p.m. (no skating Dec 25, 2022 & Jan 1, 2023)
We would love to hear from you. Has your family made use of the outdoor skating rinks in the Twin Cities? Leave us a parental review. Which did you love the most? Where did you find ice in the best condition? Did we miss any park systems or public places that maintain ice from late December – mid-February?
Looking for Roller Skating Rinks? 6 Cool Twin Cities Roller Skating Rink Family Deals.
Find hundreds more things to do in Minneapolis & St Paul with kids!
Find fun indoor games for kids when it’s chilly outside.
Find More Winter Activities: Family Sports & Fitness CalendarSaveSave
6 thoughts on “Skate the Twin Cities: Where To Find Free Outdoor Ice Rinks”
Pingback: Family Fun Twin Cities Winter Break Survival Guide - Family Fun Twin Cities
Love outdoor rinks so much I built my own.
That is a really cool idea, Mike – especially this year, with the warm weather and need for distancing. Luckily, the Twin Cities does have a few free and public options open for those of us without the space and resources to build our own. I hope you and your family enjoy your time outdoors this winter!
Pingback: Quarantine Holiday Fun - Holy Trinity Lutheran Church
I put the addresses into a custom Google map so that people can see which one is closest to them. This is just for Minneapolis and omits the broomball only rink.
(this was my first time making one, apologies if there’s a mistake)
Thank you, Matthew. We’ll share with the community. I’m sure they will appreciate your work!