Mid-December means opening weekend for many of the Twin Cities-area outdoor ice rinks and we’re sure, as hardy Minnesotans ourselves, that you’re dying to strap on your skates and hustle the kids out to the rinks! That’s why we’ve rounded up this list of local places to skate –and, as nearly all are located in city parks, there’s no charge for the skating. Find your city below to get the latest rink hours, directions, warming house information, and numbers to call for rink conditions. We highly recommend signing up for notifications from your favorite cities. Rinks close when it is too cold (typically an air temperature of -10F or wind chill index -20F or colder), too warm, or too snowy.
If you don’t see your city below, please contact us to have yours added to the list or leave the information in the comments. Thanks, and enjoy your outdoor rec time!
- Jump to Minneapolis & St Paul Skating Rinks
- Jump to Northwest Metro Skating Rinks
- Jump to Northeast Metro Skating Rinks
- Jump to Southeast Metro Skating Rinks
- Jump to Southwest Metro Skating Rinks
The city of Minneapolis maintains outdoor ice rinks at 24 parks. Nearly all locations provide warming shelters and free loaner skates available on a first come, first served basis. (We have confirmed that loaner skates ARE available for the 2021/22 season). Many offer separate spaces for general skating and recreational uses such as hockey and broomball. You can even skate on three Minneapolis lakes!
Opening Day: Minneapolis hopes to have ice rinks up and running by the first week of January.
Weather Line: As with wading pools, Minneapolis Parks keeps an up-to-date Ice Rink Status Page.
Hours: Rinks are lit until 9pm. Minneapolis Parks are open 6am-Midnight.
Warming Room Hours are 4-7pm weeknights, 1-5pm weekends. (These hours were scaled back due to staffing shortages)
Map: Thank you to our reader, Matthew, who has shared his Google map of these locations (excluding the Bryn Mawr broomball rink), here:
- Armatage Park, 2500 W 57th St. Minneapolis, MN 55410
- Bohanon Park, 4917 Bryant Ave. N, Minneapolis, MN 55430
- Bryant Square Park, 3101 Bryant Ave S, Minneapolis, MN 55408
- Bryn Mawr Meadows Park, 601 Morgan Ave S, Minneapolis, MN 55405 (broomball only)
- Hiawatha School Park, 4305 E 42nd St, Minneapolis, MN 55406
- Kenny Park, 1328 W 58th St. Minneapolis, MN 55419
- Lake Hiawatha Park, 2701 E 44th St. Minneapolis, MN 55406
- Lake Nokomis Park, 2401 E Minnehaha Pkwy, Minneapolis, MN 55417
- Lake of the Isles, 2500 Lake of the Isles Parkway E., Minneapolis, MN 55405
- Linden Hills Park, 3100 W 43rd St, Minneapolis, MN 55410
- Logan Park, 690 13th Ave NE, Minneapolis, MN 55413
- Longfellow Park, 3435 36th Avenue South, Minneapolis, MN 55406
- Lyndale Farmstead Park, 3900 Bryant Ave S, Minneapolis, MN 55409
- Lynnhurst Park, 1345 W Minnehaha Parkway Minneapolis, MN 55419
- Matthews Park, 2318 29th Ave S, Minneapolis, MN 55406
- McRae Park, 906 E 47th St, Minneapolis, MN 55407
- North Commons Park, 1801 James Ave N, Minneapolis, MN 55411,
- Pearl Park, 414 East Diamond Lake Road, Minneapolis, MN 55419
- Powderhorn Park, 3400 15th Ave S, Minneapolis, MN 55407
- Sibley Park, 1900 E 40th St. Minneapolis, MN 55407
- Van Cleve Park, 901 15th Ave SE, Minneapolis, MN 55414
- Webber Park, 4300 Webber Parkway, Minneapolis, MN 55412
- Windom Northeast Park, 2251 NE Hayes St, Minneapolis, MN 55418
LORING PARK traditionally hosts a free outdoor ice skating rink that opens with the annual Holidazzle Festival. The downtown council decided to take the 2021-22 season off from WinterSkate. Holidazzle runs weekends Nov 25-Dec 18, 2022. Details, including the fate of WinterSkate TBA soon!
The city of St Paul historically maintains 15 general outdoor ice skating rinks, many neighborhood hockey rinks and three refrigerated hockey rinks. Note, however, that there are only 8 rink sites listed for the 2021/22 season. Most have lighting and warming house facilities.
Opening Day: Refrigerated Hockey Rinks* opened December 21, 2021; Non-Refrigerated Rinks TBA.
Weather Line: 651-558-2118
Hours: Lighting hours vary by Rink, but all lights are off by 9pm; St. Paul Parks are opened from sunrise to 11pm.
Warming Room Hours: See Rec Center Hours.
- Battle Creek Park, 75 Winthrop Street North, St Paul, MN 55119
- Desnoyer Park, 525 Pelham Blvd, Saint Paul, MN 55104
- Edgcumbe Park, 320 Griggs Street South, Saint Paul, MN 55105
- Groveland Park, 2021 St Clair Ave, Saint Paul, MN 55105
- Langford Park, 30 Langford Park, Saint Paul, MN 55108
- North Dale Park*, 1414 St Albans St N, Saint Paul, MN 55117
- Palace Park*, 781 Palace Ave. Saint Paul, MN 55102
- Phalen Park*, 1000 E Wheelock Parkway, St. Paul, MN 55106
WinterSkate has moved to CHS Field downtown early December through late February. Skating is still free for all; skate rental is available for $5 (free for WF cardholders, must present card.) Free skating lessons are offered select Saturdays throughout the season. Unfortunately, Winterskate is taking the 2021/22 season off. Watch for them for the 2022-23 season.
Indoor Option: Free open skating for all ages is available at Charles M. Schulz Highland Arena starting in November. Skate rental is available for $10/pair and sharpening for $5/pair.
Warming houses, rink attendants and hockey rinks are featured at four of the locations in the City of Andover, with 3 other locations without warming houses. Prairie Knoll Park also has a lit sledding hill.
Opening Day: TBA.
Hours: Andover Parks are open 6am to 11pm.
Warming Room Hours: Weekdays 4pm-9pm; Weekends 1pm-9pm
- City Campus Hockey Complex & Warming House, 1885 Crosstown Blvd. NW, Andover, MN 55304
- Crooked Lake Warming House and Rink Facility, 2939 Bunker Lake Blvd. NW. Andover, MN 55304
- Hawk Ridge Park & Warming House, 18001 Verdin Street NW, Andover, MN 55304
- Hidden Creek East, 2156 135th Lane NW, Andover, MN 55304
- Hidden Creek North, 2620 Bunker Lake Blvd. NW, Andover, MN 55304
- Nordeen’s Park, 15535 Juniper Street NW, Andover, MN 55304
- Prairie Knoll Rink & Warming House, 14800 Prairie Road, Andover, MN 55304
In the City of Anoka, each location has an ice skating rink, hockey rink and warming house. George Enloe Park also has 2 lit sledding hills, one created for younger children.
Opening Day: TBA.
Hours: Anoka Parks are open 6am to 11pm.
Warming Room Hours: Mondays 1pm-8pm; Tuesday-Thursday 4pm-8pm; Friday 1pm-9pm; Saturday 12pm-9pm; Sunday 12pm-8pm. Special Hours for Holidays and School Release.
- George Enloe Park, 631 Lund Blvd, Anoka, MN 55303
- Lincoln Elementary School, 540 South St, Anoka, MN 55303
- Rick Sorenson Park, 2015 State Ave, Anoka, MN 55303
- Rudy Johnson Park, 605 Polk St, Anoka, MN 55303
- Wilson Elementary School, 1025 Sunny Ln, Anoka, MN 55303
The City of Blaine maintains 6 rinks with warming houses* and 5 without. Some locations have hockey rinks.
Opening Day: December 28, 2021.
Hours: Blaine Parks are open 5am to 10pm.
Warming Room Hours: Weekdays 4-9pm; Saturday 12pm-9pm; Sunday 12pm-7pm. (Quincy Park weekends 12pm-7pm)
- Aurelia Park*, 382 91st Ave NE, Blaine, MN 55434
- Austin Park, 4041 85th Lane NE, Blaine, MN 55449
- Carrara East Park, 13129 Eldorado St NE, Blaine, MN 55449
- Deacons Park, 11200 Arnold Palmer Drive NE, Blaine, MN 55449
- Happy Acres Park*, 11900 7th St NE, Blaine, MN 55434
- Ivy Hills Park, 12197 Fergus St NE, Blaine, MN 55449
- Lexington Athletic Complex*, 4286 121st Ave NE, Blaine, MN 55449
- Ostmans Park*, 1201 130th Ln NE, Blaine, MN 55449
- Quail Creek Park*, 2168 Quail Creek Pkwy NE, Blaine, MN 55449
- Quincy Park, 10601 Quincy Blvd NE, Blaine, MN 55434
- Xylite Park, 9033 Xylite St NE, Blaine, MN 55449
Indoor Option: The National Sports Center in Blaine is home to Schwan’s Super Rink and the public is welcome to come during open skate hours. Daytime skating is $3/pp, evening skating is $4 with skate rental available for just $3.
Some Brooklyn Park parks feature both skating and hockey rinks. Only two have warming houses – Centennial Park West & Evergreen Park.
Opening Day: December 15, 2021-February 14, 2022 (weather permitting).
Hours: Brooklyn Center Parks are open 5am to 10pm.
Warming Room Hours: Monday-Thursday: 1pm-9pm; Friday 4-9pm; Saturday 1pm-9pm; Sunday 12pm-5pm. (Closed Christmas Eve, Christmas and New Year’s Day)
- Centennial West Park, 6254 Brooklyn Dr., Brooklyn Center, MN 55430
- Evergreen Park, 7112 N Bryant Ave., Brooklyn Center, MN 55430
- Grandview Park, 1400 59th Ave N., Brooklyn Center, MN 55430
- Kylawn Park, 6015 Kyle Ave N., Brooklyn Center, MN 55430
- Northport Park, 5600 France Ave N., Brooklyn Center, MN 55429
- Riverdale Park, 7031 Dallas Rd., Brooklyn Center, MN 55430
- West Palmer Park, 7110 Palmer Lake Drive, Brooklyn Center, MN 55430
- Willow Lane Park, 4800 69th Ave N., Minneapolis, MN 55429
Four parks have public warming houses*. Rinks and warming will not be staffed for the 2021/22 season. Four parks also have rinks maintained for hockey (H). Central Park also features a sledding hill.
Opening Day: Late December (through Presidents’ Day weekend.)
Weather Line: 763-493-8181, Option #1
Hours: Lights from 4:45-10pm nightly (at some rinks)
Warming Room Hours: Unstaffed, but keys are available for daily rental.
- Brookdale Park (H), 7650 June Ave N., Brooklyn Park, MN 55443
- Central Park* (H), 8440 Regent Ave N., Brooklyn Park, MN 55443
- College Park*, 8233 West Broadway Avenue, Brooklyn Park, MN 55428
- Edinbrook Park, 2900 Edinbrook Parkway, Brooklyn Park, MN 55443
- Jewell Park*, 1400 North 89th Avenue, Brooklyn Park, MN 55444
- Monroe Park*, 700 Meadowwood Dr., Minneapolis, MN 55444
- Norwood Park (H), 8100 Newton Ave N, Brooklyn Park, MN 55444
- Willowstone Park (H), 1909 95th Ave N., Brooklyn Park, MN 55444
Indoor Option: BROOKLYN PARK ICE ARENA offers indoor open skating at just $3-$4/pp; family rate for residents: $11/family.
The City of Columbia Heights maintains two outdoor ice rinks. McKenna also has a sledding hill.
- Ostrander Park, 1500 40th Avenue, Columbia Heights, MN 55421
- McKenna Park, 4757 7th Street, Columbia Heights, MN 55421
The City of Coon Rapids maintains 5 regulation outdoor hockey rinks and 4 open skating rinks including a seasonal outdoor rink at Coon Rapids Ice Center. There are warming houses at the rinks. Riverview Park also has a sledding hill.
Opening Day: Delayed until December 27, 2021 (still weather dependent)
Hours: Coon Rapids parks close at 10pm.
Warming Room Hours: Weekdays 5pm-9pm; Saturdays & School Release: 1pm-9pm; Sundays: 1pm-6pm.
- Coon Rapids Ice Center, 11000 Crooked Lake Boulevard, Coon Rapids, MN 55433
- Riverview Park, 2420 105th Avenue Coon Rapids, MN 55433
- Sand Creek Park, 1008 Northdale Boulevard, Coon Rapids, MN 55448
- Thorpe Park, 2691 Carlson Drive, Coon Rapids, MN 55433
- Wintercrest Park, 10300 Woodcrest Drive, Coon Rapids, MN 55433
Indoor Option: COON RAPIDS ICE CENTER offers indoor open skating at just $4-$5/pp.
The City of Crystal maintains and supervises four rinks with outdoor lights and warming houses. North Lions and Valley Place Parks also have sledding hills – lit until 10pm.
Opening Day: December 27, 2021 (through February 21, 2022 weather permitting)
Weather Line: 763-531-1184
Hours: Lights are on timers and will come on from 4:30pm-10pm.
Warming Room Hours: Weekdays from 4:30 to 8pm; Saturdays from 12-8pm and Sundays from 12-6pm. Some holidays and none school days have special hours and rinks will be closed when weather dictates.
- Becker Park, 5530 Douglas Dr. N., Crystal, MN 55429
- North Lions Park*, 6100 Louisiana Ave N., New Hope, MN 55428
- Valley Place Park*, 6822 32nd Ave N., Minneapolis, MN 55427
- Welcome Park, 5598 46th Ave N., Crystal, MN 55422
The City of Fridley maintains 10 ice skating rinks and 5 hockey rinks in city parks. There is one warming house facility located at Commons Park, where there is also a sledding hill.
Opening Day: End of December 2021.
Hours: Fridley Parks are open 5am-10pm.
Warming Room Hours: Weekdays: 4pm-8pm; Weekends: 1pm-8pm (also holidays and school release days).
- Briardale Park, 6171 Rice Creek Dr., Fridley, MN 55432
- Commons Park Oval, 555 61st Ave NE, Fridley, MN 55432
- Hackmann Park, 1071 Hackmann Circle, Fridley, MN 55432
- Hayes Elementary, 615 Mississippi St NE, Fridley, MN 55432
- Logan Park, 155 Logan Parkway, Fridley, MN 55432
- Madsen Park, 7358 73rd Ave NE, Fridley, MN 55432
- Ruth Circle Park, 9160 Ashton Avenue, Fridley, MN 55432
- Plymouth Square Park, 4801 Main Street, Fridley, MN 55421
- Sylvan Hills, 6205 Jupiter Dr., Fridley, MN 55432
The City of Golden Valley maintains 6 parks with both general ice skating and hockey rinks plus warming houses, plus for more general rinks without warming houses. There is also a designated sledding hill at Scheid Park.
Opening Day: December 24, 2021.
Activities Cancellation Line: 763-512-2350
Hours: Golden Valley Parks are open sunrise to 10 pm..
Warming Room Hours: Weekdays: 4pm-8pm; Weekends: 1pm-8pm (also holidays and school release days).
- Gearty Park, 3101 Regent Ave N, Golden Valley, MN 55422
- Hampshire Park, 1601 Louisiana, Golden Valley, MN 55427
- Lions Park, 151 Louisiana Ave N, Golden Valley, MN 55427
- Medley Park, 2331 Ensign Ave N, Golden Valley, MN 55427
- North Tyrol Park, 900 Westwood Dr S., Golden Valley, MN 55416*
- Scheid Park, 1856 Toledo Ave N, Golden Valley, MN 55422
- South Tyrol Park, 1510 Kaltern Ln, Golden Valley, MN 55416*
- Stockman Park, 3300 Major Ave N, Golden Valley, MN 55422*
- Wesley Park, 8305 Wesley, Golden Valley, MN 55427
- Yosemite Park, 351 Yosemite Ave N, Golden Valley, MN 55422*
*No warming house at this rink.
The City of Maple Grove maintains ten community skating rinks. Eight locations have warming shelters and attendants. Thoreson Special Use Park offers skating without shelters.
Opening Day: TBA.
Weather Line: 763-494-5959
Hours: Maple Grove Park Hours are 6am-11pm.
Warming Room Hours: Weekdays: 4pm-8:30pm; Weekends: Noon-8:30pm (also holidays and school release days).
- Boundary Creek Park, 10122 104th Ave N, Maple Grove, MN 55369
- Cedar Island Elementary School, 6701 East Fish Lake Rd., Maple Grove, MN 55369
- Donahue North, 6632 Annapolis Lane, Maple Grove, MN 55311
- Elm Creek Elementary School, 9820 Revere Ln N., Maple Grove, MN 55369
- Gleason Fields, 18815 67th Ave N., Maple Grove, MN 55311
- Kerber Playfield, 9095 Elm Creek Blvd N, Maple Grove, MN 55369
- Maple Grove Middle School, 7000 Hemlock Lane,
Maple Grove, MN 55369
- Thoresen Park, 6259 Eagle Lake Dr., Maple Grove, MN 55369
- Weaver Lake Park, 8401 Dunkirk Ln N, Maple Grove, MN 55311
Skate a leisurely serpentine loop illuminated at night and in close proximity to a roaring fireplace in the adjacent indoor pavilion. Skating is free, bring your own skates possibly or rent a pair for $6 (please inquire at the pavilion as availability may change.)
The City of New Brighton maintains three outdoor ice rinks with warming houses.
Opening Day: TBA.
Weather Line: 651-638-2130
Hours: New Brighton Park Hours are 5am-11pm.
Warming Room Hours: Weekdays: 4:30pm-8:30pm; Weekends: Noon-8:30pm.
- Freedom Park, 2121 14th St NW, New Brighton, MN 55112
- Sunny Square Park, 2200 Sunnyside Terrace, New Brighton, MN 55112
- Hansen Park*, 1555 5th St NW, New Brighton, MN 55112
- Totem Pole Park*, 1011 Foss Rd, New Brighton, MN 55112
*No Warming House
Ice rinks with warming houses are maintained at three New Hope parks. Each park has both hockey and general skating rinks.
Opening Day: December 18, 2021 – February 21, 2022 (weather permitting)
Weateher Line: 763-531-5151
Hours: Rinks are lit from 5-9pm.
Warming Room Hours: Weekdays: 5-9pm; Saturdays 6-9pm; Sundays 1-5pm (staff permitting)
- Hidden Valley Park, 8800 32nd Ave N, New Hope, MN 55427
- Lions Park, Lions Park, 3810 Oregon Ave N, New Hope, MN 55428
- Liberty Park, 9015 60th Ave N., New Hope, MN 55428
The City of Plymouth maintains outdoor ice rinks at seven parks. Some locations have lit rinks, rinks designated for hockey, and warming houses. Learn more about Plymouth outdoor ice rinks.
Opening Day: Late December
Weateher Line: 763-509-5205
Hours: Ice Rinks lit from sunset to 10pm. Parks open at 7am.
Warming Room Hours: Weekdays: 5-8pm; Weekends: Noon-7pm. Special school release hours.
- Bass Lake Playfield*, 5450 Northwest Blvd, Plymouth, MN 55442
- Elm Creek Playfield, 4905 Peony Ln N, Minneapolis, MN 55446
- LaCompte Playfield, 10795 Old County Rd 15, Plymouth, MN 55441
- Parkers Lake Park*, 15205 County Road 6, Plymouth, MN 55447
- Plymouth Creek Playfield, 3625 Fernbrook Ln N, Plymouth, MN 55446
- Zachary Playfield, 4355 Zachary Ln, Plymouth, MN 55442
*Unstaffed and no warming house.
Hilde Performance Center, 3500 Plymouth Blvd., Plymouth, MN 55447
Located within the city’s beautiful Plymouth Creek Center, the pond transforms into a public ice skating rink during the month of January (ice levels permitting). Learn more about Plymouth Creek Center.
Spring Lake Park maintains rinks at three parks from mid-December through mid-February. Rinks at Able Park & Terrace Park are lit from dusk – 10:00pm daily. Only Able Park offers a warming house.
|Able Park||Terrace Park|
The City of Maplewood offers 10 parks where general ice skating and hockey are available in the winter.
|Afton Heights Park||Playcrest Park|
|Four Seasons Park||Pleasantview Park|
|Geranium Park||Sunset Ridge Park|
|Maplewood Heights Park||Wakefield Park|
|Maplecrest Park||Western Hills Park|
Indoor Option: Free open skating for all ages is available at Aldrich Arena starting in November. This facility does not offer skate rental or sharpening.
The City of Oakdale maintains three public outdoor ice rinks, two of which are supervised and have warming houses.
|Eastside Park||Richard Walton Park|
The City of Roseville maintains outdoor ice rinks at six parks, several of which have warming houses and user-controlled lights.
|Acorn Park||Mapleview Park|
|Autumn Grove Park||Sandcastle Park|
|Lexington Park||Villa Park|
The OVAL is the largest outdoor refrigerated skating rink in North America. Skate outdoors November to March ($7/pp, skate rental available for $5). The rink is typically decorated with lights during the holiday season and is a beautiful place to skate outdoors.
Indoor Option: The Roseville Skating Center offers ice skating year-round.
Saint Anthony Villages maintains three outdoor pleasure skating rinks with supervised warming houses. All of the locations also have hockey rinks. Weekdays 4 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.; Saturdays & school release days 10 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.; Sundays 1 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Opening Day: Friday, January 7, 2022.
Hours: Rinks & warming houses close at 8:30pm daily.
- Central Park, 3503 Silver Lake Road, Saint Anthony, MN 55418
- Emerald Park, 3925 MacAlaster Dr NE, St Anthony, MN 55421
- Silver Point Park, 3010 29th Avenue, Saint Anthony, MN 55418
The City of Shoreview maintains seven outdoor skating rinks with supervised warming houses. All of the locations have lighted hockey (except Shoreview Commons) and general skating rinks.
Opening Day: December 26, 2021.
Hours: Golden Valley Parks are open sunrise to 10 pm..
Warming Room Hours: Weekdays: 4:30pm-9pm; Weekends: 12pm-9pm (school release days).
- Bobby Theisen Park, 3575 Vivian Street, Shoreview, MN 55126
- Bucher Park, 5900 Mackubin St, Shoreview, MN 55126
- McCullough Park, 915 County Road I, Shoreview, MN 55126.
- Shamrock Park, 5623 Snelling Ave, Shoreview, MN 55126
- Shoreview Commons, 4580 Victoria St N, Shoreview, MN 55126
- 4344 Hodgson Rd, Shoreview, MN 55126
- 815 County Rd F West, Shoreview, MN 55126
Indoor Options: See the three Ramsey County Arenas, located in Maplewood, Saint Paul and Vadnais Heights.
The City of Vadnais Heights offers outdoor ice skating rinks at two parks, both for general skating and for hockey. Both are lit; Community Park has a warming house.
|Community Park||Westfield Park|
Indoor Option: Free open skating for all ages is available at TCO Sports Garden starting in November. Skate rental is available for $10/pair.
The City of White Bear Lake maintains outdoor ice rinks for general skating at three community parks, two of which have staffed warming houses.
- Podvin Park, 1700 9th Street, White Bear Lake, MN 55110
- Ramaley Park, 1883 Park Street, White Bear Lake, MN 55110
- Spruce Park, 3653 McKnight Road, White Bear Lake, MN 55110
The City of Apple Valley offers general skating rinks at 14 community parks. Some locations have a hockey rink with nets and lights and several warming houses.
|Apple Valley East Park||Hagemeister Park|
|Belmont Park||Hayes Park|
|Briar Oaks Park||Heritage Park|
|Delaney Park||Hayes Park|
|Faith Park||Johnny Cake Ridge Park West|
|Farquar Park||Pennock Park|
|Galaxie Park||Valley Middle School|
The City of Burnsville offers outdoor skating at 13 park, 12 of which have warming houses.
|Civic Center Park||Red Oak Park|
|Highland Forest Park||South River Hills Park|
|Knob Hill Park||Terrace Oaks East Park|
|Neill Park||Timberland Knolls Park|
|North River Hills Park||Vista View Park|
|Northview Park||West Buck Hill Park|
|Paha Sapa Park|
The City of Cottage Grove maintains eight outdoor skating rinks and warming houses during the winter season.
|Armstrong Elementary School||Old Cottage Grove Park|
|Hamlet Park||Peter Thompson Park|
|Hearthside Park||Pine Tree Valley Park|
|Highlands Park||Woodridge Park|
The City of Eagan maintains outdoor skating rinks at 9 parks, eight of which feature rinks just for hockey. All parks except Bur Oaks have rink lights and 5 of the parks offer warming houses. A “*” denotes the park has a warming house.
Opening Day: Thursday December 30, 2021.
Weather Hotline: 651-675-5511.
Hours: Monday-Thursday 4pm-8pm, Friday 4-m-9pm; Saturday 10am-9pm; Sunday Noon-8pm..
- Bur Oaks Park, 3421 Rolling Hills Drive, Eagan, MN 55121
Carnelian Park, 1800 Carnelian Lane, Eagan, MN 55122
- Clearwater Park, 1365 Cliff Rd, Eagan, MN 55123*
- Bridle Ridge Park, 3990 Elrene Rd, Eagan, MN 55123*
- Goat Hill Park, 4391 Lexington Ave S, Eagan, MN 55123*
- Lexington Park, 1036 McKee St., Eagan, MN 55121
- Rahn Park, 4425 Sandstone Dr, Eagan, MN 55122*
- RidgeCliff Park, 1750 Covington Ln, Eagan, MN 55122
- Sky Hill Park, 3590 Blue Cross Rd, Eagan, MN 55122*
New in 2022: Winter Skolstice Ice Skating
Omni Viking Lakes Hotel, 2611 Nordic Way, Eagan, Minnesota, 55121
A man-made skating rink will be open daily from 10am-10pm during Viking Lakes “Winter Skolstice” from January 3, 2022 – February 27, 2022. There is a nearby warming house and sledding is also available. Registration and waiver required prior to your first visit.
The City of Inver Grove Heights operates outdoor skating rinks at five community parks, three of which feature warming houses. South Valley Park also offers a sledding hill.
|Groveland Park||Southern Lakes Park|
|Oakwood Park||South Valley Park|
The City of Mendota Heights maintains three outdoor skating rinks for general skating and hockey with staffed warming houses.
|Friendly Hills Park||Wentworth Park|
The City of Rosemount maintains three outdoor ice rinks with warming houses.
|Bloomfield Park||Jaycee Park|
The City of Woodbury operates four warming houses at select outdoor skating rinks. The M Health Fairview Sports Center refrigerated outdoor rink is also free of charge; please check the website for schedule. Woodbury reminds skaters that its stormwater ponds are not safe for ice skating.
Opening Day: December 22, 2021 – Colby & Kargel. Shawnee will be delayed. M Health Fairview opened December 10th.
Hours: Rinks may be used from 4:30pm to 10pm. (M Health Fairview has its own schedule)
- Colby Lake Park, 9715 Valley Creek Road, Woodbury, MN 55125
- M Health Fairview Sports Center Outdoor Rink, 4125 Radio Drive, Woodbury, MN 55125
- Kargel Park, 9301 Tamarack Road, Woodbury, MN 55125
- Ojibway Park, 2695 Ojibway Drive, Woodbury, MN 55125
- Shawnee Park, 6515 Scheel Drive, Woodbury, MN 55125
The City of West St Paul maintains outdoor ice rinks and staffed warming houses for general skating at six parks. Three of the parks also have designated hockey rinks.
|Dodd Park||Orme Park|
|Harmon Park||Southview Park|
|Haskell Park||Weschcke Park|
The city of Bloomington has reduced the number of outdoor rinks it maintains from thirteen to nine park locations. Each has a general rink, at least one hockey rink, and outdoor lights. The warming houses are closed in 2021/22. Skating season. December 15, 2021 – February 17, 2022, dependent on weather.
Opening Day: December 22, 2021 (at all sites except Ridgeview and Poplar Bridge)
Weather Line: 952-563-8878, option 3
Hours: Lights operate from 4:30am-10pm.
Warming Room Hours: Closed for 2021/22.
- Brookside Park, 10000 Xerxes Avenue South, Bloomington, MN 55431
- Bryant Park, 1001 West 85th Street, Bloomington, MN 55431
- Kelly Park, 185 East 102nd Street, Bloomington, MN 55420
- Poplar Bridge Park, 4600 West 85th Street, Bloomington, MN 55437
- Ridgeview Park, 6001 West 94th Street, Bloomington, MN 55438
- Running Park, 9510 12th Avenue South, Bloomington, MN 55425
- Southwood Park, 4800 Terracewood Drive, Bloomington, MN 55431
- Sunrise Park, 9401 Bloomington Ferry Road, Bloomington, MN 55438
- Westwood Park, 3490 West 109th Street, Bloomington, MN 55431
Skating is free; bring your own skates or rental benefit the Boys & Girls Club. A drivers license, state ID card or $20 deposit is required for skate rental. This was cancelled for 2020/2021. We hope to see it back in 2021/22, but it has not yet been announced.
- Skate the Star at Mall of America
Indoor Option: The BLOOMINGTON ICE GARDEN offers year-round ice skating (fees apply).
The City of Eden Prairie maintains public outdoor ice rinks at 9 parks. Each location has outdoor lights and a staffed warming house. Skating hours vary by park. Staring Lake Park offers free skates and kicksled loaners and also has a steep sledding hill that is good for older children.
Opening Day: December 23, 2021
Weather Line: 952-949-8449, option 1
Hours: Eden Prairie Parks are open 6am-10pm.
Warming House & Lighting Hours: Varies by location. Find warming house hours here.
- Crestwood Park, 9780 Dell Road, Eden Prairie, MN 55344
- Homeward Hills Park, 12000 Silverwood Drive, Eden Prairie, MN 55347
- Prairie View Park, 17255 Peterborg Road, Eden Prairie, MN 55346
- Edenvale Park, 17255 Peterborg Road, Eden Prairie, MN 55346
- Miller Park, 8208 Eden Prairie RdEden Prairie, MN 55347
- Round Lake Park, 16691 Valley View Road Eden Prairie, Minnesota 55346
- Forest Hills Park, 13708 Holly Rd, Eden Prairie, MN 55346
- Nesbitt Preserve Park, 8641 Center Way, Eden Prairie, MN 55344
- Staring Lake Park, 14800 Pioneer Trail, Eden Prairie, MN 55347
Indoor Option: EDEN PRARIE COMMUNITY CENTER has three indoor rinks and offer open skate and kids skate times.
Each of the twelve community parks operated by the City of Edina has both a pleasure skating rink and a hockey rink. They all have staffed warming houses. Rinks are open weekdays from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Saturdays from 9 a.m.to 9:30 p.m.; and Sundays from 1 p.m., to 8 p.m. Centennial Lakes Park’s outdoor skating ponds operate on a separate schedule and do not allow hockey.
Opening Day: Mid-December through Mid-February (weather permitting)
Weather Line: Text CLOSURES to 57838
2022-23 Hours: Mondays-Fridays 4-9:30 p.m.; Saturdays 9 a.m.-9:30 p.m.; Sundays 1-8 p.m.
Warming Room Hours: Weekdays 4-9:30pm; Saturday 9am-9:30pm; Sunday 1pmto 8pm. With special holiday and school release day hours.
- Arden Park, 5230 Minnehaha Blvd., Edina, MN 55424
- Cornelia School Park, 7142 Cornelia Dr., Edina, MN 55435
- Countryside Park, 6240 Tracy Ave, Edina, MN 55436
- Creek Valley Park, 6301 Gleason Road, Edina, MN 55439
- Highlands Park, 5200 Doncaster Way, Edina, MN 55436
- Lewis Park, 7300 Cahill Road, Edina, MN 55439
- Normandale Park, 6501 Warren Ave, Edina, MN 55439
- Pamela Park, 4303 West 58th Street, Pamela Park, Edina, MN 55424
- Strachauer Park, 6200 Beard Avenue, Edina, MN 55410
- Todd Park, 4429 Vandervork Avenue, Edina, MN 55436
- Walnut Ridge Park, 5801 Londonderry Rd., Edina, MN 55436
- Weber Park, 4115 Grimes Avenue S, Edina, MN 55416
- Centennial Lakes Park, 7499 France Ave S, Edina, MN 55435
Our pick for the coolest outdoor skating in the Twin Cities. Skate free (rentals available) around the ponds and the canals that connect them, then warm up by the fireplace with hot chocolate from the pavilion’s concession stand. Learn more about all the fun year-round activities at Centennial Lakes Park.
Outdoor ice skating rinks and warming houses (except for Hilltop Park) are operated at seven Hopkins parks. Five have designated hockey rinks.
|Burnes Park||Interlachen Park|
|Central Park||Oakes Park|
|Harley Hopkins Family Center||Valley Park|
Outdoor ice skating rinks and warming houses are operated at seven Minnetonka parks.
|Boulder Creek Park||McKenzie Park|
|Covington Park||Meadow Park|
|Glen Lake School||Spring Hill Park|
|Gro Tonka Park|
Richfield maintains eight outdoor ice rinks with two warming house locations open on alternating days. Five of the parks have hockey rinks, all are lit until 9pm.
|Augsburg Park||Jefferson Park|
|Christian Park||Madison Park|
|Donaldson Park||Roosevelt Park|
|Fremont Park||Taft Park|
The city of St Louis Park operates outdoor ice rinks at eleven parks. Amenities include general ice rinks, hockey rinks, lights and warming houses.
Opening Day: December 30, 2021
Weather Line: 952-924-2567
Hours: St. Louis Park parks are open from 5am-11pm.
Warming Room Hours: Monday-Thursday 4-8pm; Friday 4-8:30pm; Saturday 10am-8:30pm; Sunday 12pm to 7pm. With special holiday and school release day hours and some parks are on their own schedule. Learn more here.
- Ainsworth Park, 7700 W 28th St, St Louis Park, MN 55426
- Bass Lake Park, 3450 Glenhurst Ave., St. Louis Park, MN 55416
- Birchwood Park, 2701 Zarthan Ave. S., St. Louis Park, MN 55416
- Browndale Park, 4955 Morningside Rd., St. Louis Park, MN 55416
- Center Park, 3750 Wooddale Ave., St. Louis Park, MN 55416
- Fern Hill Park, 4421 28th St. W., St. Louis Park, MN 55416
- Jackley Park, 4215 Brookside Ave., St. Louis Park, MN 55416
- Nelson Park, 2500 Georgia Ave. S., St. Louis Park, MN 55426
- Oak Hill Park, 3201 Rhode Island Ave. S., St. Louis Park, MN 55426
- Parkview Park, 6801 33rd St. W., St. Louis Park, MN 55426
- Willow Park, 2500 Rhode Island Ave. S., St. Louis Park, MN 55426
- Friday 5:45 – 7:15 p.m. (no skating Dec. 3, 10 and 24, 31)
- Saturday 12:15 – 1:45 a.m. (no skating Nov. 27; Dec. 25; Jan. 1; Feb. 19)
- Sunday 12:15 – 1:45 p.m. (no skating Feb. 20)
- Monday, Wednesday, Friday Noon – 1:30 p.m. (no skating Dec. 29)
- Saturday 10:15 – 11:45 a.m. (no skating Nov. 27, Dec. 25, Jan. 1, March 26)
- Sunday 2:15 – 3:45 p.m. (no skating March 20)
- Looking for Roller Skating Rinks? 6 Cool Twin Cities Roller Skating Rink Family Deals.
- Find hundreds more things to do in Minneapolis & St Paul with kids!
- Find fun indoor games for kids when it’s chilly outside.
- Find More Winter Activities: Family Sports & Fitness Calendar