8 Ideas for Family Fun at Colby Lake Park
- Play Follow The Leader on the Playground. Some playgrounds just lend themselves well to this game and this is one of them. If you would rather read on a nearby bench while the kids run off energy, encourage them to design an obstacle course. They could even bring a timer and see how fast they can get.
- Practice Baseball Drills on the field or bring a playground ball for a game of kickball.
- Play Yard Games on the football field. Bring a ball or pick a game that doesn't require equipment. These are our favorite outdoor games for kids.
- Bring Your Horseshoes and pitch a few rounds.
- Take A Stroll through the park. Enjoy the seasonal beauty of the wetlands. Maybe search for pine cones, leaves and other treasures.
- Pack A Picnic and dine outside.
- Go Fishing. Colby Lake is one of the Minnesota DNR's Fishing in the Neighborhood Ponds. Fish you may find in this lake include Bluegill, Black Crappie, Channel Catfish, Northern Pike, Yellow Perch, Bullhead.
- Lace of Your Skates and enjoy the seasonal outdoor ice rink - usually open from mid-December to mid-February.
Birthday Parties at Colby Lake Park
Winter at Colby Lake Park
Colby Lake is one of five Woodbury parks that has a public skating/hockey rink with a warming house. Rinks operate between the end of December and the end of February, weather permitting. Call the City of Woodbury weather line at (651) 714-3569 for up-to-date details.
Rink hours are from 4 p.m. to 9 p.m. on school days and from 1 p.m. to 9 p.m. on weekends and school release days.