Neill Park in Burnsville offers family-friendly amenities, including a playground and recreation center as well as a paved walking trail. During warmer months enjoy a variety of sports courts, an inline skate rink and space to picnic. In the winter months, the park has an outdoor skating rink with warming house and hills for sledding.
8 Ideas for Family Fun at Neill Park
- Try a new sport! - This park has an amazing variety of sports courts and fields including some you may not have played before:
- Or your favorite, more familiar, sport:
- Tennis - This website has rules for a dodgeball game you can play on a tennis court.
- Basketball - A good game of HORSE works well with smaller kids.
- Open Fields for practicing football & soccer skills - or just running field games.
- Diamonds for practicing baseball or softball; Or play a game of kickball.
- Volleyball - You'll need to bring your own ball, but you could probably get by with one playground ball for gaga ball, basketball, soccer, kickball and any field games that require a ball.
- Take a walk on the paved trails. Perfect for pushing a stroller or teaching smaller kids to bike.
- Practice Inline Skating together
- Pack a picnic. There is a picnic area, including a shelter.
- Run around on the playground. Or let the kids run while you rest.
- Enjoy Nature. With the pond and tree-lined paths, you just might see turtles, deer or waterfowl - definitely geese, but maybe even swans.
- Get active in the winter with:
- Ice Skating
Birthday Parties at Neill Park
This park has a park building that holds up to 100 people available for reservations. Prices vary by day of the week, length of rental, and resident status. Expect to pay a deposit. Find more ideas for park birthday parties here.
Ice Skating at Neill Park
The skating rink is open during regular park hours with a staffed warming house during peak hours. Skating season is weather dependent, but usually runs from mid-December through mid-February, with closures when the weather gets too cold or too warm.
- Skate the Twin Cities: Where To Find Free Outdoor Ice Rinks
- Twin Cities Winter Family Festival Calendar
- Twin Cities Guide to the Best Sledding Hills
- West Buck Hill Park, Burnsville
This article contains affiliate links to sports equipment on Amazon. Family Fun Twin Cities receives a small commission on sales through our site.