A quick Tuesday morning idea for you – FREE activities and freebies at Mall of America Toddler Tuesdays – all kid-tested and approved by my own preschoolers. While our kids have grown out of the toddler years and Tuesday activities have evolved over the years, there are some things you can still count on. Tuesdays are a less busy day, taking some stress out of a visit with a toddler. You can still count on themed activities each week and the LEGO Store is always a fun freebie:
Mall of America Toddler Tuesdays & Other Tuesday Fun
Activity: Toddler Tuesdays at Mall of America
Time: Weekly, 10am – noon
Details: Free themed entertainment geared towards toddlers, but preschoolers will enjoy the character greets, crafts and stories. Find the latest line up here.
Activity: Pre-K Kids Eat Free on Tuesdays
Time: Tuesdays, All Day.
Details: Participating restaurants can change from quarter to quarter, but there are usually close to a dozen restaurants in the Mall of America that offer a Kids-Eat-Free deal on Tuesdays. While the MOA only requires the restaurants to offer the deal to kids 6 and under, many offer it to older kids too.
Activity: Nickelodeon Universe – Toddler Tuesdays Ride Special
Time: Tuesdays, All Day
Details: Special toddler wristbands are available for $14.99 + tax. These are good for five hours and allow for unlimited rides on the rides on specific toddler-friendly rides.
- Paw Patrol Adventure Bay Play Area
- Back at the Barnyard Hayride
- Big Rigs
- Blues Skidoo
- Crazy Cars
- Diego’s Rescue Rider
- Ghost Blasters
- Guppy Bubbler
- Swipers Sweeper
These rides are currently closed: El Circulo Del Cielo, La Aventura De Azul, Log Chute, Pineapple Poppers, Rugrats Reptarmobiles, and Wonder Pet’s Flyboat.
Activity: The LEGO Store at Mall of America
Time: Store hours are 11am-7pm Tuesdays.
Details: Great for all ages, not just your preschoolers, this LEGO Store location features a building area for older kids and a special area stocked with Duplos for younger ones. If you’re lucky, they may be handing out free mini-build kits! Note that the build area has not yet re-opened, but the retail store is open.
Summer 2021: Kids Movies are Back!
Cheap Tuesday flicks used to be a Toddler Tuesday go to. Then the Theatre closed and we missed those kids move times. Enter B&B Theatres – who opened a Mall of America location in May of 2021. This summer, they have been offering their Summer Kids Series, which offers $3 kids movies during Tuesdays, Wednesday and Thursday matinees.
Do you have any other ideas for free entertainment at Mall of America? Drop us a line!
Tips for Navigating Mall of America Toddler Tuesdays
- Travel light and/or bring a stroller. I’ve had my diaper bag stolen at the MOA. You want to keep your hands on your things at all times.
- If you bring a stroller, you might just get your tot to nap while you get in a walking workout. Maybe you can even sneak in a quiet coffee!
- The mall is ALWAYS dry and warm. So, bring a water bottle filled with ice water. It will help keep everyone less cranky.
- Bring snacks or have a plan.
- Know when to go and have an escape plan in case the over-stimulation gets to be too much. This is good advice for parents as well as tots.
- Family Restroom can be found near the 4 main entrances on level 1 – North, South, East + West. On level 2 and 3 the family restrooms are by the North side.
- There are three Mother’s Rooms in the mall – on Central Parkway (Level 1 North), by the Level 1 East Entrance, and in Nordstrom Level 2.
- Use our Mall of America Floor By Floor Family Guide to find more family fun ideas.
Two Memberships Worth Considering
If you plan to make Toddler Tuesday your regular thing, you may want to consider a membership to one or both of these toddler-friendly attractions:
Memberships pay for themselves quickly and you can always count on a little art time while leaving the mess behind. Not to mention the climbing structure, which essentially gives you an indoor playground for free.
Again, this membership will quickly pay for itself, and then you just have a quiet, dimly lit place to escape the bustle.
This article was originally written in April of 2015.
It was most recently updated in July 2021.