In Minnesota, family fun outdoors means embracing all four seasons. If you are on this page because you are looking for a new Twin Cities-area park, playground or nature center to explore, hundreds of entries can be found through our Parks & Playgrounds Search feature. Or, continue searching hundreds more ideas of things to do with kids in the Twin Cities through our Family Directory, including family outings, services, classes, camps, birthday parties and more.
Family Fun Directory of Things To Do with Kids:
The Works Museum has exhibits, programs, and design challenges that engage kids in science, technology, and engineering while making learning memorable and fun. Both older kids and tots love the Works for its hands-on science fun.
"Dreams need doing, and exploring engineering gives a child the power to make stuff, break stuff, and make it better! We need the imagination and skill of engineers to solve the problems and address the challenges of our modern world. Engineering fuels collaboration, persistence, and problem solving; critical skills for every child from every walk of life. The Works Museum welcomes you to explore engineering and stretch your imagination."
Special Events at The Works Museum
Each year The Works offers a few signature events that focus on particular aspects of science.
- Girl Time - An Event designed to encourage girls to consider careers in engineering and other STEM fields.
- Tech Fest - A Family engineering and technology fair.
- Robot Day - A Day to Explore Robotics.
- Code Day - Coding activities all day long.
Birthday Parties at the The Works Museum
Birthday party packages start at $175 for a 1 1/2 hour party or $225 for a 2-hour party. Birthday parties include pizza from Papa Johns, admission for up to 10 children and free admission for all adults, and all set up and clean up. The two hour package includes choice of an adult-led activity. These parties are recommended for school age children (5-12)
Articles Related to The Works Museum
- “Pre-K Mondays”
- Family Fun Idea: 7 Spots for Hands-on Science with Kids
- Family Fun Twin Cities' Guide to MEA Weekend
- Got Preschoolers? 10 Twin Cities Spots to Entertain & Educate
- Increase Your Child's Chances in School with these 10 Simple, Budget-Friendly Habits