Things to do in Minneapolis-St Paul this weekend!
July 13-14, 2019
July 10-14: Ramsey County Fair | Maplewood
Highlights: White Bear Ave Parade (Wed), 4-H Arts-In performances, Farmer for a Day stations, petting zoo and more. FREE admission, $3/parking.
July 12-13: Andover Family Fun Fest
Highlights: Kids activities, vehicle fair & fireworks (Sat)
July 12-14: Karl Oskar Days | Lindstrom
Highlights: Celebrate Swedish heritage with a family bingo night and fireworks (Fri night), kids storytime on the beach and a parade (Sat).
July 12-14: Maple Grove Days
Kids parade and outdoor movie in Town Green (Fri), family games and fireworks (Sat)
July 12-14:Monticello Riverfest | Monticello
Highlights: Community talent show & fireworks (Fri), parade (Sun)
July 12-14: Duk Duk Daze | Northwood Park, New Hope
Highlights: Fireworks Fri & Sat, kids parade and carnival (Sat)
July 13: Anoka Riverfest
Highlights: Kids Zone with spin art for kids – FREE. 9am-5pm.
July 13-14: Hopkins Raspberry Festival
Highlights: Free ice cream sundaes (Sat, 1pm)
July 13-14:Whiz Bang Days | Robbinsdale
Highlights: Parade & fireworks (Sun)
July 13-14: Dragon Festival | Lake Phalen Park, St Paul
Highlights: Free Asian cultural performances, kids entertainment and dragon boat races on Lake Phalen.
Sat, July 13: Northern Clay Summer Open House | Minneapolis
Hands-on, clay-themed games and contests. 10am-6pm, FREE.
Sat, July 13: CAP Super Saturdays | Caponi Art Park, Eagan
Pro artists will lead activities in movement, music, dance, and art. Hike the trails and explore the sculptures scattered throughout the park. 10am-12pm, FREE, suggested donation $5/pp
Sun, July 14: MIA Family Day: Hearts of Our People | Minneapolis
Free family activities throughout the museum: magnet-making, weaving, artist demos, an Ojibwe language & culture workshop for kids and a special preschool tour in the galleries. 11am-4pm, FREE.
NIGHT AT THE MOVIES (OR THEATER)
Bring lawn chairs, blankets and picnic dinners. Enjoy FREE movies and live theater performances in Twin Cities parks all summer long.
- Pinocchio by Prairie Fire Children’s Theatre | Hilde Performance Center, Plymouth | 7-8pm
- Solo: A Star Wars Story | Normandale Park, Bloomington | Movie begins at 9pm
The Incredibles 2 | Roseville OVAL | 7:30pm | Movies are broadcast on the giant scoreboard!
- Jungle Book (2016) | Dickman Park, Minneapolis | 9:15pm
SATURDAY (aka Night of the Bumblee, apparently)
- Pinocchio by Prairie Fire Children’s Theatre | Hilde Performance Center, Plymouth | 2pm
- “The Merry Wives of Windsor” by Classical Actors Ensemble | Lake of the Isles, Minneapolis | 7pm
- Bumblebee | Polar Lakes Park, White Bear Township | 7:30pm
- Bumblebee | Bottineau Park, Minneapolis | 8:30pm
- Bumblebee | Hampden Park, St Paul | 9pm
- “The Merry Wives of Windsor” by Classical Actors Ensemble | Raspberry Island, St Paul, 2pm
Pass the popcorn! Find our complete listing of free Summer Movies in the Park.
WEEKEND ANYTIME FUN
- Visit your favorite splash spot – or find a new one! Jump over to our complete Twin Cities Guide to Water Fun. Minneapolis beaches are also open and FREE to visit.
- Use our Parks Search to discover a new playground.
Always free to visit weekends: