The Alphabet Forest is an absolute must see attraction at the Minnesota State Fair! Laidback and fun, the this exhibit is perfect fun for the whole family!
Debra Frasier, author of eight children’s picture books, is proud to be from Minnesota. She loves the State Fair, too! She wrote and illustrated an alphabet book based on her trips to the Minnesota State Fair. So it seems appropriate that she will be at the Minnesota State Fair bringing the Alphabet Forest to you.
The Alphabet Forest is open in Baldwin Park each day of the fair (Aug. 22 – Sept. 2, 2019) from 9:00 am-8:00 pm.
This is an extremely laidback activity, and it’s in the most shaded spot of the entire fair (hence the name Alphabet Forest).
- Take pictures with Fair Letters
- Create alphabet Ferris wheels
- Add your fair words to the Fair Dictionary
- Participate in the Fabulous Forest Alphabet: The Game
- Meet real life authors at the Blue Ribbon Homegrown Author Showcase.
Meet Local Authors at the Alphabet Forest
Minnesota author Debra Frasier will be at the Alphabet Forest from 10:00 am-6:00 pm during the fair (have I mentioned it is Aug. 22 – Sept. 2, 2019). Each day another Minnesota (or western Wisconsin) author will join her. You can see the 2018 schedule below for an example. We’ll add the 2019 line up when it is released..
2018 Blue Ribbon Author Schedule
Aug. 23: Tracy Nelson Maurer
Aug. 24: Megan Maynor
Aug. 25: David LaRochelle
Aug. 26: Margi Preus & David Geister
Aug. 27: Daniel Bernstrom
Aug. 28: Trisha Speed Shaskan & Stephen Shaskan
Aug. 29: Karen Ritz
Aug. 30: Elizabeth Verdick
Aug. 31: C.M. Surrisi
Sept. 1: Brenda J. Child & Jonathan Thunder
Sept. 2: Mélina Mangal
Sept. 3: Nancy Bo Flood
More Family Fun at the Great Minnesota Get Together:
- FFTC’s Guide to the Minnesota State Fair
- Minnesota State Fair: 20 Ideas for Free Family Fun!
- 50 Things To Do For Families at the Minnesota State Fair
- 10 Best Bets for Live Family Entertainment at the Minnesota State Fair
- Minnesota State Fair: Scoring Free and Discounted Tickets