The Alphabet Forest is an absolute must see attraction at the Minnesota State Fair! Laidback and fun, this exhibit is perfect fun for the whole family!
Debra Frasier, author of nine children’s picture books, is proud to be from Minnesota. She loves the State Fair, too! She wrote and illustrated an alphabet book based on her trips to the Minnesota State Fair — A Fabulous Fair Alphabet. So it seems appropriate that she brought us this annual Minnesota State Fair attraction.
The Alphabet Forest is open in Baldwin Park (across from the 4-H Building) each day of the fair (Aug. 25 – Sept. 5, 2022) from 10:00 am-8:00 pm.
This is an extremely laidback activity, and it’s in the most shaded spot of the entire fair (hence the “forest” part of the name).
- Take pictures with Fair Letter. If you do this annually, you can watch your kids grow as they create their name every year.
- Create alphabet Ferris wheels
- Add your fair words to the Fair Dictionary
- Participate in the Fabulous Forest Alphabet Word Game by printing the Fabulous Fair Alphabet Game Card and looking for letters as you stroll the fair.
- Meet real life authors at the Blue Ribbon Homegrown Author Showcase.
Meet Local Authors at the Alphabet Forest
Each year a line up of Blue Ribbon Homegrown children’s book authors join the Forest to promote literacy, learning and fun. See this year’s schedule below.
2022 Blue Ribbon Author Schedule
Aug. 25: Catherine Thimmesh
Aug. 26: Dr. Artika R. Tyner
Aug. 27: Phuoc Thi Minh Tran
Aug. 28: Daniel Bernstrom
Aug. 29: Cheryl Blackford
Aug. 30: Tracy Nelson Maurer
Aug. 31: Lindsey McDivitt
Sept. 1: Thomas Peacock
Sept. 2: Mark Ceilley and Rachel Smoka-Richarsdon
Sept. 3: Dawn Quigley
Sept. 4: Sarah Warren
Sept. 5: Megan Maynor