Welcome to October in the Twin Cities!
In October we highlight our favorite PUMPKIN PATCHES, CORN MAZES and APPLE ORCHARDS across the Twin Cities Metro as well as keeping up with a monster list of Twin Cities HALLOWEEN EVENTS! Looking for something fun to do this weekend with kids? Start here:
- Jump on over to our OCTOBER WEEKEND FAMILY GUIDE
- Make sure to check our fully-stocked FAMILY FUN CALENDAR for fall outing and activity ideas.
- Check our list of the BEST THINGS TO DO IN OCTOBER IN THE TWIN CITIES – BY AGE!
- 50 FREE THINGS TO DO IN OCTOBER IN THE TWIN CITIES
Ultimate Guide to Fall Fun in the Twin Cities
Our ULTIMATE GUIDE TO FALL IN THE TWIN CITIES is here for you when you’re ready to browse all the autumn classics:
- Pick a pumpkin patch – Free admission and a chance to pick your own at one of the best pumpkin patches in the Twin Cities.
- Fresh picks in the apple orchards – Spend a fall day picking your own apples from one of our favorite orchards in the Twin Cities.
- Get a little lost in a corn maze – Don’t worry, they come in all sizes and shapes.
- Inspiration for fall color tour ideas – Drives, easy hikes with kids and activities in parks with the best leaf-spotting.
The Best Fall Festivals for Families in the Twin Cities - October 2023
Get ready for a bumper crop of fall festivals this October in the Twin Cities. Find these fun family events near the Minneapolis/St. Paul metro area all throughout the fall season. We’re so excited to get back to picking out pumpkins, taking hayrides, jumping in the corn pit and soaking in all the colors.
Enjoy Outdoor Activities in October
October in Minnesota is crisp and colorful, crunchy with fallen leaves and often still sunny on the cheeks. Get outside and enjoy while you can!
Halloween Fun in the Twin Cities - the Ultimate Guide for 2023
Our Monster Guide to Halloween in the Twin Cities is, as always, packed about as full as my kids manage to get their Halloween treat bags. You can sort all the not-so-terribly spooky fun here:
- TWIN CITIES HALLOWEEN TRUNK-OR-TREAT EVENTS
- TOP 10 TWIN CITIES HALLOWEEN EVENTS
- FREE HALLOWEEN ACTIVITIES in the Twin Cities
- PAID HALLOWEEN EVENTS in the Twin Cities
- HALLOWEEN LIGHT DISPLAYS and other drive-thru events
- HALLOWEEN EVENTS FOR TWEENS & TEENS across the Twin Cities
- HALLOWEEN ACTIVITIES for kids to enjoy at home.
More Things To Do in October in the Twin Cities with Kids!
We also have some great October Family Events and seasonal ideas that we have pinned to our fall Pinterest board. Get out and visit greater Minnesota, stay in and try fall themed crafts, recipes and family games. We’ve also found some fall-themed books, science experiments and math problems to share together. We hope you can use our articles and our found pins to create your own fall board.