We are just “dying” to share our roundup of Halloween Activities For Kids in this frightfully full list of family friendly October family fun in the Twin Cities! Check back often as we’re always adding in new events. Follow the links on the banners below to find events.
Twin Cities Trick-Or-Treat Times
Looking for Twin Cities Trick or Treat Times? We don’t have official times in the Twin Cities area.
- Trick-or-treating happens on Halloween, regardless of the day of the week on which it falls.
- Participating houses turn on their porch light or decorate.
- There is no trick-or-treat start time and no trick-or-treat cut time.
- Kids usually start around dusk or when they get home from school and some go until curfew. Find curfew times for your city here.
- Where else can kids trick-or-treat around the Twin Cities? Try checking our big list of Twin Cities Trunk-or-Treat events and places to trick-or-treat at shopping malls and shopping centers.
In 2021, Halloween falls on a Sunday, so if you want to get an early start, just look for houses with lights on.
The Halloween Blizzard of 1991
New to the Twin Cities? Get ready! Anyone who is old enough to remember the epic Halloween Blizzard of 1991 will want to reminisce. You can be ready to contribute by reading this MNOpedia article or just let your friends regale your with their stories.
Hey! our kids are going to have their own special stories from last year.
The Great Big List of Halloween Activities For Kids
Free Halloween Activities
Among our free Halloween fun favorites is the BareBones Puppet Extravaganza, Halloween ComicFest, and Anoka’s Grand Day Parade. Get our huge list of free events:
Paid Halloween Activities
Some of the best spend-worthy Halloween fun includes the Pumpkin Express, a road trip to Harvest Howl, and Trick-R-Trolleys. Find our big list of favorites:
Halloween Lights & Scarecrows
Each year, some of our favorite homes with Holiday Light Displays start out the season in October with a Halloween Theme. We listed those homes here, along with some of the best community decoration events.
Events for Teens & Tweens
We know that Halloween for tweens and teens can be a tricky holiday to navigate. What kind of options to they have for traditional Halloween fun in the Twin Cities? We’ve got options to go out as a family as well as events done independently.