FREE TWIN CITIES SUMMER EVENTS & ENTERTAINMENT
TWIN CITIES NORTHWEST METRO SUMMER EVENTS
Covering the Twin Cities, Minnesota, communities of Andover, Blaine, Brooklyn Center, Brooklyn Park, Coon Rapids, Fridley, Maple Grove, New Brighton, Otsego & Plymouth.
Find our complete summer events guide of things to do in the Twin Cities: Northwest Metro.
TWIN CITIES NORTHEAST METRO SUMMER EVENTS
Covering the Twin Cities, Minnesota, communities of Maplewood, Roseville, Shoreview, St Anthony, Vadnais Heights & White Bear Lake.
Find our complete summer events guide of things to do in the Twin Cities: Northeast Metro.
TWIN CITIES SOUTHEAST METRO SUMMER EVENTS
Covering the Twin Cities, Minnesota, communities of Apple Valley, Burnsville, Cottage Grove, Eagan, Inver Grove Heights, Rosemount & Woodbury.
Find our complete summer events guide of things to do in the Twin Cities: Southeast Metro.
TWIN CITIES SOUTHWEST METRO SUMMER EVENTS
Covering the Twin Cities, Minnesota, communities of Bloomington, Chaska, Eden Prairie, Edina, Golden Valley, Hopkins, Minnetonka, New Hope, Richfield, Shakopee, St Louis Park & Victoria.
Find our complete summer events guide of things to do in the Twin Cities: Southwest Metro.
THINGS TO DO THIS SUMMER IN MINNEAPOLIS WITH KIDS
Minneapolis parks – 2023 summer events
Minneapolis 2023 summer festivals
Music, dancing and crafts in Minnehaha Park. TBA 2023 (June 26, 2022).
First, hit the Loring Park Family Fun Night. Then, onto the Torchlight Parade, performances by the Twin Cities River Rats and spectacular fireworks cap off the festival. July 19-22, 2023.
1382 Willow St., Minneapolis, MN 55403
140 artists, interactive art, family events, food, music and unique entertainment around the walking paths and duck ponds of Loring Park—an idyllic setting for an outdoor art festival. July 29-30, 2023. Sat 10am-6pm, Sun 10am-5pm.
In years past, a Family Imagination Station has been hosted by Northern Clay Center. August 4-6, 2023.
MINNEAPOLIS SWIMMING POOLS & BEACHES
Minneapolis boasts a dozen lovely beaches open to the public for free swimming all summer long. Please check each link for more information and to see lifeguard services.
- Bde Maka Ska 32nd Street Beach – 3200 E Calhoun Pkwy, Minneapolis, MN 55408
- Bde Maka Ska North Beach – 2707 Lake Street W, Minneapolis, MN 55416
- Bde Maka Ska Thomas Beach – 3700 Thomas Ave. S, Minneapolis, MN 55410
- Cedar Lake East Beach – 2000 Upton Ave. S, Minneapolis, MN 55405
- Cedar Lake Point Beach – 2101 Cedar Lake Parkway, Minneapolis, MN 55416
- Cedar Lake South Beach – 3500 Cedar Lake Parkway, Minneapolis, MN 55416
- Lake Harriet North Beach – 4180 East Lake Harriet Parkway, Minneapolis, MN 55409
- Lake Harriet Southeast Beach – 4612 E Lake Harriet Pkwy, Minneapolis, MN 55419
- Lake Hiawatha Beach – 4500 28th Ave. S, Minneapolis, MN 55406
- Lake Nokomis 50th Street Beach – 5000 Lake Nokomis Parkway E, Minneapolis, MN 55417
- Lake Nokomis Main Beach – 5001 Lake Nokomis Parkway W, Minneapolis, MN 55417
- Wirth Lake Beach – 3200 Glenwood Ave, Minneapolis, MN 55405
Open Memorial Day weekend; lifeguards available in early June.
4330 Webber Pkwy, Minneapolis, MN 55412
Water treated with plants instead of chemicals. Zero-depth entry for the littlest swimmers. FREE admission.
1701 Golden Valley Rd, Minneapolis, MN 55411
The outdoor waterpark is part of North Commons Park, which also includes a playground, recreation center and free wading pool. $3-$5/pp admission.
1520 Johnson St NE, Minneapolis, MN 55413
The fun features include 3 large water slides, log water walk, a spray pool for younger kids, water volleyball and shade structures. Admission is just $3-$5/pp.
Minneapolis splash pads & wading pools
- Check out our master list of free Minneapolis wading pools. Many feature fancy splash features including WABUN PARK WADING POOL, LAKE HIWATHA WADING POOL and WAITE PARK WADING POOL. Open daily 10am-9pm.
- THE COMMONS splash pad (downtown Minneapolis)
- FRANKLIN STEELE SQUARE splash pad
Minneapolis bike trails
Spin your wheels on the best Minneapolis bike trails for families. They’re free and they are a fantastic way to explore the city’s beautiful parks and lakes.
THINGS TO DO THIS SUMMER IN ST PAUL WITH KIDS
St Paul parks – 2023 summer events
- MOVIES IN THE PARK – Select dates in 2023 – please consult the city calendar.
- MUSIC IN THE PARKS – Free concerts performed at Como Lakeside Pavilion, Mears Park & Como Zoo & Conservatory.
Free programs for kids at parks across St Paul offering athletic programs, crafts, and other activities led by the Recreation in Motion team. Snacks will be served at each session.
Como is one of St Paul’s brightest gems. Completely free (though donations appreciated) are a lovely zoo and conservatory that continues to improve and offer a wide range of educational programs for families.
- Groovin’ in the Garden – FREE concerts, a climbing wall, bounce house, and lawn games for kids, and food available for purchase. Ongoing Wednesdays, June 7-July 26, 2023.
St Paul summer festivals
Parking: Saint Paul Brewing, 688 Minnehaha Ave E, St Paul, MN 55106
Over 50 visual & performing artists, many creating works on site. Swede Hollow Park. June 3, 2023.
214 4th Street E, St Paul MN
Tours of locomotives, model railroads, family activities and crafts, live music and special events. June 3-4, 2023. FREE admission.
200 Dr Justus Ohage Blvd, Saint Paul, MN 55107
The Children’s Area of the Fair allows kids to meet Irish dogs, explore Irish instruments, take an Irish dance lesson, and craft in the Art Tent. Harriet Island Regional Park. Adults $20; Teens 13-17 $12; Kids under 13 Free. August 11-13, 2023.
St Paul swimming & beaches
1151 Wynne Ave, St Paul, MN 55108
Features a zip line, climbing wall, lazy river and separate splash pool. Sunday Tot Time at Como, 9:30 to 11:00am, costs $8 per parent/child pair. Daily regular admission of $4-$7/pp.
1840 Edgcumbe Rd, St Paul, MN 55116
Children’s activity pool, diving well & slide. $4-$7/pp.
1600 Phalen Dr, St Paul, MN 55106
Pop over during the summer for a swim & dash through the adjacent splash pad. The lake is also a site for sailing lessons, swimming lessons, and canoe & kayak clinics. No admission to swim.
St Paul splash pads
- CONWAY RECREATION CENTER splash pad – 2090 Conway St, St Paul, MN 55119
- ROY WILKINS PARK PARK splash pad – 900 Marion St, St Paul, MN 55117
- PHALEN PARK BEACH & SPLASH PAD
St Paul bike trails
Spin your wheels on the best St Paul bike trails for families. They’re free, scenic and they get the kids outdoors!
St Paul summer library events
The St Paul Public Library system consists of 13 library locations, a bookmobile, and 2 early learning centers. All library locations feature children’s play areas, and collections to stimulate early literacy. You can get the latest information on their curbside pickup program and summer offerings here.
MORE SUMMER FUN IDEAS IN THE TWIN CITIES - WITH KIDS!
2023 TWIN CITIES SUMMER LIBRARY PROGRAMS
Unlike school, there is no “summer break” at your local library! Dozens of branches across the seven-county library system are rolling out even more activities, entertainment and reading incentives during the summer months. Nearly every day of the week you can find programming for kids, tweens and teens: outdoor StoryWalks, STEM workshops, storytimes, crafting, magic shows, mini-camps and more. Find your local branches and full summer schedules below:
- Anoka County Library | Summer Adventures: Waterworks! June 1-August 13, 2023.
- Carver County Library | All Together Now summer reading. June 1-August 12, 2023.
- Dakota County Library | Summer Discovery. June 12-July 14, 2023.
- Hennepin County Library | Summer Learning
- Ramsey County Library | Summer Learning Program
- Scott County Library | Summer Spotlight. June 1-August 26, 2023.
- St Paul Public Library | Summer Spark
- Washington County Library | Kids Summer Adventure at Your Library.