Have you heard of a pizza farm?
If your family likes pizza, this is definitely something you will want to experience.
We have collected a handful of pizza farms in Minnesota and western Wisconsin that are less than 100 miles away. Most Pizza Farms ask that you bring no animals and that you pack out your own garbage. Bring a trash receptacle of some sort. Sometime guests also need to supply side dishes, non-alcoholic beverages, and all other picnicking utensils including plates, napkins and seating (blanket or lawn chairs).
- Two Pony Garden • 1700 Deerhill Rd, Long Lake • Tasty Details: Pizza farm events are prescheduled with seasonal entertainment and two types of pizza–classic margherita as well as fresh ingredients from Two Pony. A complete experience to enjoy good food, nature and amusement. Costs range from $0 for children 3 and under to $15 for children 4 and over to $50 for adults.
- Red Barn Farm • 10063 110th St. East, Northfield • Tasty Details: Pizza farm ingredients are sourced from the farm gardens, and the crusts are handmade and vegan friendly. The farm is open–no reservations needed–on Wednesdays May-October (hours vary, but in June-August come between 4 pm and 8:30 pm). Cash and check accepted. Costs range from $10-$25/pizza.
- Pleasant Grove Pizza Farm • 41142 160th St, Waseca • Tasty Details: With at least 5 different menu items, Pleasant Grove is open on Thursdays from 4-8 pm and Sundays 1-7 pm. Costs range from $20-$25/pizza.
More Outdoor Dining Ideas: 10 Spots for Outdoor Summer Dining with Kids in the Twin Cities
- Sawmill Pizza and Brew Shed • 805 30th Ave, Clear Lake • Tasty Details: Pizza baked in the sawmill and brews from the brew shed are specialty here. Offered Sundays Noon-7:00 pm. Cash only.
- Suncrest Gardens Farm • S2257 Yeager Dugway, Cochrane • Tasty Details: Wood-Fired Pizza is offered 4:30 pm-8:30 pm Fridays & Saturdays, May-September. No reservations needed and credit cards accepted.
- The Stone Barn • S685 Cty Rd KK, Nelson • Tasty Details: Less a farm and more a boutique, you can enjoy pizza on the weekends. Fridays- 5 pm-9 pm, Saturdays 4 pm-9 pm Sundays, 12 pm-8 pm. Pizza in the barn is locally sourced from neighboring farms and from their property. Dinnerware, drinks, and seating–indoor and outdoor–is all provided. No reservations are taken, only first come, first serve. Costs range from $18-$25/pizza. Credit is accepted.
If you want to start a new tradition with your family or just try it out, pizza farms may be the adventure you are looking for.