In Minnesota, family fun outdoors means embracing all four seasons. If you are on this page because you are looking for a new Twin Cities-area park, playground or nature center to explore, hundreds of entries can be found through our Parks & Playgrounds Search feature. Or, continue searching hundreds more ideas of things to do with kids in the Twin Cities through our Family Directory, including family outings, services, classes, camps, birthday parties and more.
Family Fun Directory of Things To Do with Kids:
Jim Lupient Water Park is part of Northeast Athletic Field Park. It is across Johnson Street from the Quarry Shopping Center and near several fast food restaurants. The water park includes:
- 3 large water slides, including a tube slide
- Log water walk
- Interactive spray features and spray pool for younger kids
- Water volleyball
- Lap swimming lanes
- Zero depth entry for accessibility
- Shade structures
- Outside shower towers
- Grassy sun-bathing area
Birthday Parties at Jim Lupient Water Park
The park has a covered shelter available for birthday parties. It seats up to 15. The price is $25.00/day (paid in advance) plus $5 for swimmers and $3 for non-swimmers. Print a PDF application here.
Jim Lupient Water Park Rules
- Everyone, including spectators, must pay an admission fee.
- No outside food allowed in the park. You may picnic outside of the water park and reenter. All guests need a hand stamp to reenter.
- You must wear appropriate swim attire in the water; see dress code information below.
- United States Coast Guard approved life jackets are the only flotation devices allowed in the water park. The water park does provide life jackets.
- No life jackets allowed on any water slide.
- No water toys, sand toys, noodles, water wings or balls allowed in the water park.
- Only guests 42 inches and taller may ride the water slides.
- Only one rider may go down the slide at a time. Adults may not ride with children.
- Guests who are not toilet trained must wear an appropriate swim diaper or plastic pants (with no disposable/cloth diapers underneath).
- An adult must accompany children under the age of 8 at all times.
- We recommend a 1 adult to 8 children ratio for groups with children ages 12 and younger.
- Water park staff will not hold personal belongings for guests. You may rent lockers to secure valuables.
- No tobacco allowed in Jim Lupient Water Park.
Dress Code at Jim Lupient Water Park:
Appropriate swimwear helps keep the water clean and is important to the health and water safety of all users.
|Fabrics Allowed:||Fabrics NOT Allowed:|
Examples of What to Wear in the Water