Bass Lake Park borders Minneapolis near Lake Calhoun on Glenhurst Avenue, but is managed by the City of St. Louis Park. Family-friendly amenities include a playground and shelter. This 52-acre nature preserve is best know for its 1.4 mile George Haun Trail that meanders through oak savannah and prairie around Bass Lake. Learn more about the history of Bass Lake from the St. Louis Park Historical Society and future plans for restoration from the Friends of Bass Lake.
5 Fun Things for Families at Bass Lake Park
- Check out the Smart Playground and add some of the apps fun ideas for making the most of it.
- Try out Pickleball on the park's court.
- Bring a picnic and have an outdoor meal together
- Take a hike along the nearly mile and a half trail
- In the winter, take advantage of the city-maintained outdoor rink.
Biba Smart Playground Equipment at Bass Lake Park
This is one of four parks in St. Louis Park that has incorporated a Biba Smart Playground. Parents can download an app to use at the park to encourage play. The app also has games for kids and features for parents.