The St. Louis Park Rec Center features an outdoor aquatic park, two indoor ice arenas—and meeting and banquet facilities. It also includes a picnic area, full-service concession stand and locker rooms. Note that the City of St. Louis Park's Indoor Pool is at Central Community Center.
Saint Louis Park Water Park
The aquatic park consists of a pool with spray features and water slides. It offers plenty of seating and some shade umbrellas. Other family-friendly features include a zero-depth entry, a toddler side in the shape of a whale, and a sand and water play area. Bigger kids will like the 12-foot drop slides, the 350' water slides and the aqua obstacle course. There is space to picnic in the grass and a full concession stand.
The Obstacle Course includes a ramp, bridge, balance pond, slide, cliff and a corner base.
2021 Daily admission is $10-$15/pp (depending on residency) with twilight specials and season passes available.
The Aquatic Center is open from June 2nd to August 25, 2021.
- June and July: Monday - Friday: 11 a.m. – 8 p.m.; Saturday - Sunday: 11 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- August: Monday - Sunday: 11 a.m. – 7 p.m.
St. Louis Park Aquatic Center Tot Time
A dedicated parent and tot swim time is offered every weekday at 10 am for the hour before the pool opens to the public. This time is for children ages 6 and under accompanied by an adult. The shallow area of the pool is reserved for exclusive use by tots. Families participating in Tot Time must arrive before 10:45 a.m. Children under 1 are free. Regular admission prices apply.
- Splash Happy: Twin Cities Guide to Beaches, Pools, Water Parks & Splash Pads
- Tot Time Open Swim at Twin Cities Pools & Aquatic Centers
Aquatic Center Concession Stand
The aquatic center has a concession stand open on weekdays that offers hot dogs, pizza, hamburgers, corndogs, mini-donuts, ice cream treats, beverages and more.
Indoor Public Skating
- Image courtesy of the City of St. Louis Park
Recreation Outdoor Center (ROC) at St. Louis Park Rec Center
The ROC is the outdoor recreational facility located portion of The Rec Center. Amenities include a covered ice rink in the winter and covered turf in the spring. Special events, such as the spring egg hunt and ice cream social are also held here.
Little Tot Playtime at St. Louis Park Rec Center
This season tot times run from early November through early May 4, Tuesdays through Fridays from 9:30 1.m. to 11:30 a.m. Kids ages 3 to 5 and their parents can enjoy unstructured playtime in the Banquet Room. The cost is $2 at the door (or $40 for a 30-session pass).
The rec center also offers a structured Creative Play program for ages 3-5, where parents can learn about preschool development while playing by using storytelling, improv, mindfulness and collaborative activities. This program requires registration and a commitment.
Birthday Parties at St. Louis Park Rec Center
The recreation center has rooms available for rent for birthday parties and other private events, including the Banquet Room and Gallery Room, as well as the following party offerings:
Aquatic Park Party
Indoor Ice Skating Party
During open public skating sessions, either the Gallery or the Banquet Room can be rented for private parties. Each party will include two hour use of a room and admission to open skating for up to 15 people. Skate rental will be available for an additional $3 per pair.
ROC Indoor Ice Rink, Turf or Dry Floor Rental
- From mid-October to mid-March, rent the whole indoor ice arena for birthday parties, celebrations, and company or school events. The Gallery Room is included for up to two hours without additional charge. The Banquet Room can also be reserved for use at half price the cost. Up to 15 rental skates are included with private ice rental.
- For a sports-themed birthday party, rent the turf in the outdoor facility between late March and early May on weekends between 8am and 10pm. Hourly rates are available for residents and non-residents.
- The tent-covered dry floor is also available on weekends when in season.