According to Ready … Set … Read, attending storytimes is not only good for the kids, it benefits the parents, as well. While the kids are learning from other kids and gaining school readiness skills, parents are kind of getting on-the-job training on how to make their own reading more engaging and educational.
The Twin Cities does not lack storytimes. Anne has found a Preschool Storytime for Every Day of the Week. Many National chain stores offer storytimes, but we’ve rounded up some our local favorites here.
Storytimes at Local Bookstores
Tail Time Mondays 10:30 am-11:00am
Toddler Storytime with Angela Whited
Wednesdays, 10:30 – 11:00 am
Thursdays, 10:30 – 11:00 am
See RBB’s Events schedule for monthly storytimes and author events
Saturdays 11:00 am Sorry. Not Currently.
Thursdays 10:30 am
A Gate Fee is charged for non-members: $12 for ages 13 and older, Free for those under 13.
Tuesdays 10:00 am
One Friday each month 10:00 am-11:00 am
You need to call and register.
Storytimes at Local Libraries
- St. Paul Public Library – St. Paul Libraries offer storytimes in 9 languages: Amharic, English, Hmong, Karen, Mandarin Chinese, Oromo, Somali, Spanish, and Vietnamese. They also offer six story times aimed at different developmental milestones: Baby Storytime, Baby/Toddler Storytime, Preschool Storytime, Family Storytime, Jammies Storytime, and Sensory Sensitive Storytimes.
- Dakota County Public Library
- Stillwater Public Library
- Carver County Public Library
- Anoka County Pubic Library
- Hennepin County Public Library
- Ramsey County Public Library