Minnetonka Community Center is part of the city's Civic Center campus and park. Also included in this campus are City Hall, the Police Department and the Fire Department. The city hosts a variety of community events at this locations, including concerts, seasonal events (like Santa visits and egg hunts), open houses and festivals. The Minnetonka Ice Arena is also located on this campus.
7 Ideas for Family Fun at Civic Center Park
- Play on the playground.
- Enjoy a summer show - music, theater and movies are shown at the amphitheater throughout the summer months
- Take your canoe out on the pond. The park has a public canoe landing.
- Play some outdoor games in the green space: 60 Fun Outdoor Games for Kids.
- Pack a picnic. There is a picnic area in the park.
- Take a family walk or bike ride on the park trails.
- Attend an Open Skate at Minnetonka Ice Arena.
Family-Friendly Events at Minnetonka Community Center
- Kids’ Fest • This winter Festival is sometimes in late January and sometimes in early February. Keep an eye on our Winter Festival guide for annual details. It includes a variety of free indoor and outdoor activities, including dog-sled rides, ice carving competition, face painting, magic shows and more!
- Summer Festival • Typically on the fourth Saturday in June, watch our June Festival Guide for annual information. Mostly held at the Civic Center campus, some activities are held around the Minnetonka. The festivities conclude with fireworks.
- Entertainment in the Park • The City of Minnetonka movies and music throughout the summer at the outdoor amphitheater on the civic center campus.
- The Minnetonka Farmers Market • Summer and select winter dates.
- Fire Department and City Open House • These events often offer a touch-a-truck aspect and are usually held in conjunction with Fire Prevention Month in October.
Birthday Parties at Minnetonka Community Center
Residents of Minnetonka can rent the banquet room for private events. It will accommodate up to 250 people.