In Minnesota, family fun outdoors means embracing all four seasons. If you are on this page because you are looking for a new Twin Cities-area park, playground or nature center to explore, hundreds of entries can be found through our Parks & Playgrounds Search feature. Or, continue searching hundreds more ideas of things to do with kids in the Twin Cities through our Family Directory, including family outings, services, classes, camps, birthday parties and more.
Family Fun Directory of Things To Do with Kids:
Minnetonka Community Center is part of the city's Civic Center campus. Also included in this campus are City Hall, the Police Department and the Fire Department. The city hosts a variety of community events at this locations, including concerts, seasonal events (like Santa visits and egg hunts), open houses and festivals. The Minnetonka Ice Arena is also located on this campus.
Family-Friendly Events at Minnetonka Community Center
- Kids’ Fest • This winter Festival is sometimes in late January and sometimes in early February. Keep an eye on our Winter Festival guide for annual details. It includes a variety of free indoor and outdoor activities, including dog-sled rides, ice carving competition, face painting, magic shows and more!
- Summer Festival • Typically on the fourth Saturday in June, watch our June Festival Guide for annual information. Mostly held at the Civic Center campus, some activities are held around the Minnetonka. The festivities conclude with fireworks.
- Entertainment in the Park • The City of Minnetonka movies and music throughout the summer at the outdoor amphitheater on the civic center campus.
- The Minnetonka Farmers Market • Summer and select winter dates.
- Fire Department and City Open House • These events often offer a touch-a-truck aspect and are usually held in conjunction with Fire Prevention Month in October.
Birthday Parties at Minnetonka Community Center
Residents of Minnetonka can rent the banquet room for private events. It will accommodate up to 250 people.