In Minnesota, family fun outdoors means embracing all four seasons. If you are on this page because you are looking for a new Twin Cities-area park, playground or nature center to explore, hundreds of entries can be found through our Parks & Playgrounds Search feature. Or, continue searching hundreds more ideas of things to do with kids in the Twin Cities through our Family Directory, including family outings, services, classes, camps, birthday parties and more.
Family Fun Directory of Things To Do with Kids:
Minnetonka Community Center is part of the city's Civic Center campus. Also included in this campus are City Hall, the Police Department and the Fire Department. The city hosts a variety of community events at this locations, including concerts, seasonal events (like Santa visits and egg hunts), open houses and festivals. The Minnetonka Ice Arena is also located on this campus.
Family-Friendly Events at Minnetonka Community Center
- Kids’ Fest • This winter Festival is sometimes in late January and sometimes in early February. Keep an eye on our Winter Festival guide for annual details. It includes a variety of free indoor and outdoor activities, including dog-sled rides, ice carving competition, face painting, magic shows and more!
- Summer Festival • Typically on the fourth Saturday in June, watch our June Festival Guide for annual information. Mostly held at the Civic Center campus, some activities are held around the Minnetonka. The festivities conclude with fireworks.
- Entertainment in the Park • The City of Minnetonka movies and music throughout the summer at the outdoor amphitheater on the civic center campus.
- The Minnetonka Farmers Market • Summer and select winter dates.
- Fire Department and City Open House • These events often offer a touch-a-truck aspect and are usually held in conjunction with Fire Prevention Month in October.
Birthday Parties at Minnetonka Community Center
Residents of Minnetonka can rent the banquet room for private events. It will accommodate up to 250 people.
What is the Family Fun Twin Directory?
This is the most extensive collection of companies, organizations, activities and places to find things to do with kids in the Twin Cities. Find things to do this weekend, things to do today, things to do with toddlers, things to do with teens. We have it all. Sort by indoor things to do with kids or outdoor things to do with kids. Find theater, music, water parks, aquariums, zoos, museums, seasonal fun.
Find the Answers to Your Questions. How much does it cost? What are the hours? Where can I find discount tickets? Where did my favorite store go?
We share Family Friendly Businesses. We work hard to keep it the most current and accurate parenting resource in the Twin Cities. Not just a blog for moms, we are a informational resource for families. This parent to parent list is perfect for dads, moms and grandparents to find fun things to do with kids year round.
This directory was made for families who live in the Twin Cities metro to connect with local businesses. However, visitors to the Minneapolis/St. Paul area will find our directory useful to learn more about venues with insider tips and details. Use this directory to find the best things to do with families in Minnesota's largest metropolitan area.
Connect With Us: