A few years ago, Family Fun Twin Cities was invited into the WCCO studio to suggest some fun crafts to do with the kids during this absolutely horrific cold weather. (I’m not complaining about the cold in Minnesota. I’m just saying there is cold, very cold, and absolutely horrific cold.) So, we offer some Cold Weather Crafts for those days.
Haitian Macrame Friendship Bracelets
I found the instructions on Crafts Unleashed from Consumer Crafts.
Joy and I found this craft while searching for fun crafts to do with kids. Where did we find them? Pinterest, of course!
Here are the simple steps to create Ella and Penguin in easy puppet form.
- Gather Your supplies: Construction paper, scissor, glue, stick
- Cut your Construction paper into shapes Penguin is -1 large oval -2 small ovals for flippers -2 small triangles (one for beak and one for head) -2 small rectangles for feet -1 circle for face Ella is -1 circle for head -2 small circles for pigtails -1 square trimmed to fit the shape of the head for hair and bangs -1 large-ish triangle for dress
- Glue shapes together to resemble characters
- Tape characters on stick–pencil, popsicle sticks, etc.
- Feel free to add any details you want or spread modge podge over your creation to make it sturdier.
- Read the book together with puppets in hand.
- Find a new book and do it again!
Published on: Jan 11, 2016 by Gianna Kordatzky