Yarn Heart Valentine Craft By Amanda Vallone from ARTrageous Adventures
One of my favorite Valentine crafts from Family Fun magazine! Instead of a dozen roses make a dozen yarn hearts and hang them up to decorate your home!
Yarn Heart Valentine Craft
Corn Starch Glue
Cookie Cutters in Desired Shapes Parchment
Corn Starch Glue Recipe:
1/2 cup of water
1/4 cup of corn starch
Mix in a sauce pan until combined then slowly heat until the mixture becomes an opaque sticky paste. It
will resemble shortening. You will want to stir constantly and stay with the pan because it changes fast!
- Cut yarn into 8″-12″ strips
- Place cookie cutter on parchment (works best on shiny side)
- Push into glue and run fingers down to get excess off (this gets messy so best to have a paper towel near!)
- Lay yarn into cookie cutter
- After you put as much yarn as you want into the cookie cutter, tear a small piece of parchment off and use it to press the yarn down into the cookie cutter.
- When you are satisfied with the way it looks gently remove the cookie cutter.
- Allow to dry for at least 24 hours.