What’s Open Easter Sunday? While most places are open on Saturday, a lot of places close on Sunday this weekend. However, if you don’t have to be stuck at home, there are several family-friendly things to do. Whether you are entertaining and want to show your guests around town, or it’s just your family on Sunday, we have some ideas for you.
The following is a list of things we’ve found that are open on Easter Sunday.
FREE & OPEN EASTER SUNDAY
For some FREE (but not-so spontaneous in 2021) family fun, check out any of these ideas. If tickets are required, there will still plenty available openings as of March 30th, but we recommend reserving early:
- Como Zoo is free and open 365 days a year. Reservations are required at this time. It is open from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. I have gone on Easter, and it can be very busy. The shuttles are not running yet, so you will want to come early or expect to spend some time finding parking and walking from the lot to the zoo.
- Minnesota Institute of Art is open Easter Sunday and FREE. However, timed tickets are required.
- Weisman Art Museum. No tickets necessary, but capacity is limited to 25%.
- Mississippi Gateway Park – Free Family Fun Day. Drop-In between 1pm and 3pm and go on a Story Walk.
- Richardson Nature Center – Free Family Fun Day. Drop in between 1pm and 3pm to learn about bird nests.
SPECIAL OUTINGS – OPEN EASTER SUNDAY
If you have family visiting or you just want to make the day special, you may want to choose one of these special outings on Easter Sunday. These venues all require a ticket reservation and are operating at reduced capacity. We recommend booking early.
- Minnesota Landscape Arboretum – $15/Ages 16+; Kids 15 and under FREE. Ticket Reservation Required.
- Science Museum of Minnesota. $19.95/Ages 13-64; $14.95/Ages 4-12. Advanced timed-entrance tickets required.
- Walker Art Center. $15/Adults; Kids FREE. Advanced tickets required.
- Minnesota History Center. $12/Adults; $8/Kids. Advanced tickets required.
- The Minnesota Zoo. $19.95/Adults; $13.95/Kids.
- Color Me Mine in Woodbury & Eagan. Open noon to 6pm with donuts, coffee and juice on a first come, first served basis. $10 Studio Fee/pp, plus the cost of your item.