What’s Open Easter Sunday? While most places are open on Saturday, a lot of places close on Sunday this weekend. However, you don’t have to be stuck at home.There are several family-friendly things to do. Whether you are entertaining and want to show your guests around town, or it’s just your family on Sunday, there is probably something for you.
The following is a list of things we’ve found that are open on Easter Sunday.
FREE & OPEN EASTER SUNDAY
For some FREE and spontaneous family fun, check out any of these ideas:
- Como Zoo is always free and open 365 days ayear. This is a regular day for Como with all the usual Sunday activities. It is open from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. I’ve gone on Easter, and it is very busy. The shuttles are not running yet, so you will want to come early or expect to spend some time finding parking and walking from the lot to the zoo.
- Minnesota Institute of Art
- Weisman Art Museum
- Coon Rapids Dam Regional Park (Brooklyn Park side) – Free Family Fun Day 1-3pm. Drop-In.
- Lowry Nature Center – Raptors up Close 2pm-4pm. Drop In.
- Eastman Nature Center – Egg Surprise – 1pm-3pm. Drop-In.
- Richardson Nature Center – Free Family Fun Day 3-4pm. Drop-In.
- Eloise Butler Wildflower Garden –
- Minnesota Children’s Museum – It just happens that Easter coincides with Free Third Sunday in 2019. Not only is Children’s Museum open, but its free.
SPECIAL OUTINGS FOR EASTER SUNDAY
If you have family visiting or you just want to make the day special, you may want to choose one of these special outings on Easter Sunday.
- Minnesota Landscape Arboretum
- Science Museum of Minnesota
- Walker Art Center
- Minnesota History Center
- The Minnesota Zoo is celebrating spring with their Farm Babies exhibit.
MORE IDEAS FOR ALL OF EASTER WEEKEND
- Homemade Holidays: Easter Crafts
- 4 Simple Easter Decorations for the Whole Family
- Easter Egg Hunts & Activities in the Twin Cities
- Our friends at Snapology tell us they won’t be open on Sunday, but have Drop In Hours on Saturday from 9am-5pm. If you need a little time to get work done around the house, this might be a good time to send another adult off with the kids for a little off-site Lego building time.
- The Twin City Model Railroad Museum is open that Friday from 10-3, Saturday from 10-5 and the following Monday and Tuesday from 10-3 but is closed on Easter Sunday.