Easter is my absolute favorite holiday! Part of the reason is because we don’t have high expectations for it, so whatever we do is usually a big hit. Currently, I don’t have any Easter decorations. We have baskets that we use every year and a plethora of plastic eggs, but as for decorations? I don’t really have any.
However, since it is my favorite holiday, I wanted to make it a point to be festive this year. So I scoured the interwebs for simple, fun, and easy ideas that I can do together with my family.
Here are some of the ideas I found.
Easter Name Cards
Button Flower Placecard
I don’t think I know anyone with a plethora of buttons like my mom had while I was growing up. It was one of my favorite things to sort and feel and play with. But even if you don’t have a button collection like that, you can pick up buttons fairly inexpensively at ArtStart’s ArtScraps in St. Paul or any Michaels or LakeShore Learning. You can even make pretend buttons out of cardboard.
- Construction Paper or Cardstock
- Glue (I love Tacky Glue)
- Writing Utensil of Choice
- To create the name card, fold construstrion paper in half.
- Trim to desired size
- Create a flower out of multiple buttons or paper
- Write name
- Decorate card (Optional)
Easter Decorations: Centerpieces
Spring Chickens Oh, my goodness. These little babies are one of my favorites! They make me giggle every time I see them.Click here for Spring Chicken Directions
Easter Decorations: Art
While dying eggs is still on the top of our Must-Do List, this is a fun (and possibly cleaner) alternative/addition.
More Easter Fun in the Twin Cities:
Happy Easter Banner
- Construction Paper
- Hole Punch
- Tape (I like to use Washi Tape)
- Cut construction paper into 11 Flags of equal size and shape. You can use pennant flags or traditional flags.
- Draw one large letter on each flag spelling out “Happy Easter.”
- Give children flags to decorate.
- Punch two holes in the top of the flags.
- Arrange letters correctly.
- String ribbon through the holes.
- Tape flags in place on the ribbon.
- Hang banner.
Click here to Sign Up for Exclusive Offers in Our Weekly Newsletter