Not meant to be as much a play park, as a place to rest and participate in community entertainment, Tom Ryan Park in Blaine is located to the west of City Hall. It is the home of Blaine's annual World Fest and other community entertainment. There is also a veterans memorial at this park. While it does not have restrooms of its own, when Town Hall is open, those facilities are available. Offstreet Parking is available.
6 Fun Things for Families to Do at Tom Ryan Park
- Make a wish at the Fountain. The park features a round water fountain with trellises on either side of it near the parking lot. Bring a penny to make a wish.
- Bring a Picnic Lunch. There is a large shelter and plenty of green space for an impromptu picnic on a sunny day.
- Take a Walk Together. Perfect for strollers, kids bikes or roller skates, the park is intersected by wide, paved walkways that have been landscaped with perennials shrubs and trees.
- Play a Game of Tag. The open green space near the shelter is perfect for a family game of tag.
- Enjoy Community Entertainment.
- Visit the Veterans Memorial. This large (and growing) memorial has monuments for veterans of all the major wars, the various armed services branches and other memorials. Find a layout of the various memorials here.
Family Entertainment at Tom Ryan Park
Families can find events and activities at BlaineEvents.com. I've found it is best to know your activity number because the search function in the activities registration is unreliable. This park splits Blaine's summer Performance in the Park series with Aquatore Park.
World Fest at Town Square Park
Each September, the City celebrates World Fest to recognize and share the growing cultural and ethnic diversity of Blaine. This is a chance for families to learn about different cultures through music, dance, cultural learning booths, demonstrations, and ethnic foods. This event is free and open to the public. See our Fall Festival Calendar for this year's date.
Birthday Parties at Town Square Park
The large picnic shelter can be reserved for private events such as birthday parties. It has a capacity of 150 people and, when not reserved can be used on a first come, first serve basis. To reserve a picnic shelter, submit an online request.
Find more ideas for birthday party venues in our Ultimate Guide to Twin Cities Birthday Parties for Kids.
The Name Change
In 2020, the City of Blaine announced that Town Square Park would be renamed Tom Ryan Park. The new name celebrates Mayor Tom Ryan who was mayor of Blaine from 1997 through 2020 and a councilmember during the preceding decade.