Kenny Park has family-friendly amenities that include a playground, wading pool and sports courts and fields. The park building has restroom facilities and a drinking fountain.
8 Ideas for Family Fun at Kenny Park
- Let the kids run wild on the playground or tot lot
- Bring your baseball bat and practice pitching and hitting
- Play a game of one-on-one on the basket ball court.
- Pack a picnic. The picnic area has a grill if you prefer your meal hot.
- Trade out your reads at the Little Free Library.
- Play yard games in the green space.
- Take a dip in the wading pool
- Go Ice Skating in the winter
Updates at Kenny Park
MPRB is in the process of renovating the existing playground equipment and adding some additional features -- including a new climbing structure. Project completion is expected by late November 2021. The concept plan for playground improvements was finalized and approved during the summer. If they follow their usual pattern, MPRB will likely wait until spring 2022 for a grand opening ceremony.
Kenny Wading Pool
Because of the park's proximity to the schools, the wading pool opens late and closes early to match the school year. Minneapolis pools are not guarded. Learn more about free Minneapolis Wading Pools here.
Winter at Kenny Park
In the winter months, Kenny maintains outdoor skating rinks for both pond hockey and for skating. It provides a warming room and has some free loaner skates available.
Find More Twin Cities Ice Rinks: Skate the Twin Cities: Where To Find Free Outdoor Ice Rinks
Kenny Neighborhood Center
The neighborhood center has community gathering spaces, including a kitchen, meeting room and multi-purpose room.