Located just off University Ave in Fridley is a piece of land called Springbrook Nature Center. Tucked behind Walmart, you would never really know it’s there unless someone told you. So I’m telling you.
Springbrook Nature Center is a beautiful park to enjoy. They have an interpretive center where you can learn about the ecosystem located in Fridley, and they have groomed trails to enjoy.
There is plenty to do and see in the interpretive center with a puppet theatre, books, and touchable artifacts. They also have a display from the 1986 tornado that went through Fridley. With interactive displays and live animals, your kids will be enthralled for hours.
Live animals include:
- snakes–lots of snakes. That was a bit difficult for this girl who hates snakes.
- toads and frogs
- butterfly chrysalis sanctuary
Even though I was completely confused by the map, it was beautiful. We enjoyed the entire experience. The shade of the trees kept us cool from the hot sun, but there was plenty of sun, too.
The staff at Springbrook Nature Center host regularly scheduled classes:
- Get Crafty on Monday nights: $3 crafts to do with your whole family
- Polliwogs on Tuesday mornings: for preschoolers
- Nature IQ on Tuesday evenings: $3 for the whole family
- Eco-Fitness on Thursday evenings: $3 to participate in natural cardiovascular workout
- Animal Feedings on Saturday mornings: for the whole family
And I think they would agree!