We don’t live far from the Anoka County Airport, and one of our favorite weekends to be outside is in June when we get to see (and hear) B-52 Bombers buzz through the sky during Discover Aviation Days.
With just the 5 airplanes flying overhead, the clamor of the engines is extremely loud. We always stop and take a minute to think about Pearl Harbor and the commotion of the hundreds of planes flying overhead. In 2022, Anoka county Airport is offering a scaled-down preview to its revamped Discover Aviation Days (DAD) coming in 2023. Even scaled back, there will still be kids activities, exhibits and of course, planes.
2022 Discover Aviation Days Details:
- Date: DAD is only one day this year, June 11, 2022. (More details and a schedule TBA)
- Address: Anoka County-Blaine Airport – Janes Field, 8891 Airport Rd NE, Blaine, MN 55449
- Cost: Attendance is Free to the Public
- Parking Donation: Anoka County Airport is asking for parking donations to help support the event
- Click here to find up-to-date information and/or cancellations.
Other ways to enjoy Planes
If you don’t want to wait for DAD to see airplanes check out the Aircraft Viewing Area near the airport.
(Gianna wrote this article in May of 2014. Did she make it?)
- Twin Cities June Family Festival Calendar
- Summer Fun Bucket List: 100+ Ideas For Your Family This Summer