The Water Park of America was an indoor water park located in Bloomington near the Mall of America. It closed at the end of January 2017. The facility was subsequently bought by and reopened as Great Wolf Lodge later in 2017.
Alternative Water Parks in the Twin Cities
Besides the Great Wolf Lodge that has moved into the old Water Park of America location, we recommend these other Twin Cities Water Parks.
- Great River Water Park, St. Paul
- Cascade Bay Water Park, Eagan
- Jim Lupient Water Park, Minneapolis
- Shoreview Community Center Waterpark
- Valleyfair Amusement Park
Find our full list here: Family Exercise Fun: Twin Cities Indoor Waterparks and Pools
About Water Park of America
Admission was charged for everyone entering the park over 11 months old. Water park admission and hotel accommodations were charged separate unless packaged together. Birthday Party Packages at the water park offered options for a simple weekday party and increased in price depending on day of the week and addons. Similar accommodations are offered at the Great Wolf Lodge.
- Splash Happy: Twin Cities Guide to Beaches, Pools and Water Parks
- Family Exercise Fun: Twin Cities Indoor Waterparks and Pools
- Get Moving: Tot Times, Open Play, Gym & Swim Spots for Tots in the Twin Cities
- Mall of America Family Guide, Floor By Floor
- For more ideas for Family Fun - Follow us on Pinterest