Lexington Park is a small neighborhood park in Eagan - just over 2 1/2 acres in size. Family friendly amenities include a playground, sports courts and fields and a Little Free Library. The city maintains outdoor ice rinks at this park during the winter months.
Note: This small park is about 4 miles north of Eagan's larger Lexington Diffley Athletic Fields. You would want to differentiate between the two when using GPS.
9 Ideas for Family Fun at Lexington Park
- Let the kids go crazy on the playground while you relax with a cup of coffee and a good book on the nearby park bench. This is an older, but sturdy playground with a variety of climbing challenges and a separate swing set. The floor is course sand.
- Bring a bat and ball to practice on the baseball field. Or bring a playground ball for a game of kickball.
- Play a game of HORSE on the basketball court.
- Take a walk together. The park has a stroller/scooter friendly trail running through it.
- Trade out your old books for new-to-you books at the Little Free Library
- Bring along your tennis racket and ball. You can practice serves while your little chases the ball for you.
- Have a Picnic. This park has a charcoal grill and plenty of green space to spread a blanket.
- Get out on the ice on the pleasure rink between mid-December and mid-February or
- Practice hockey in the boarded rink during the winter months.
Little Free Library Location
The City of Eagan is proud of its Little Free Libraries that were designed and built by park staff, using scrap materials from past park projects. You could make a goal to visit all the little libraries in the park system, click here for a map. Visitors are encouraged take a book home to read or drop off another for someone else to enjoy.
Ice Rinks at Lexington park
This outdoor rink location does not offer a warming house nor is it staffed, but it offers both a pleasure rink and a hockey rink. It does have timed lights for skating after dark. Find a button on the light pole next to the rink to turn them on. Lights going off at 9:00 p.m. Ice rinks are generally open from mid-December to mid-February, weather permitting. Call the weather closure hotline at (651) 675-5511 and select option 3 to get up-to-date closure information. For more places to skate around Eagan and the greater Twin Cities: Skate the Twin Cities: Where To Find Free Outdoor Ice Rinks.