Hampshire Park in Golden Valley is 14 acres and has family friendly amenities that include a playground, lighted walking trails, lighted game squares and sports fields and courts. In the winter months, this park has outdoor ice rinks with a warming house.
7 Ideas for Summer Fun at Hampshire Park
- Puppet Wagon. Golden Valley Parks, including Hampshire, host Puppet Wagons in summer from mid-June and early August (except Independence Day week). The show includes fun stories and puppet adventures. Find more puppet wagons and summer entertainment: Twin Cities Family Community Entertainment, Summer.
- Playground. The playground equipment includes a separate swing set, climbing tubes and slides, and various monkey bars. It has a woodchip floor.
- Family Nature Walks. Families can enjoy scenic seasonal views as they walk around the lake together. The paved paths are wide and stroller friendly and are lit after dark.
- Basketball Practice. Bring your own ball and play a game of basketball together or just practice shots.
- Soccer. A soccer field is maintained in the fall, but there is plenty of green space to practice independently all summer.
- Softball/Baseball/Kickball. There are two softball fields where families can play their favorite base sport or just practice hitting and catching. Bring your own gear.
- Traditional Schoolyard Games. Golden valley parks have game squares. Hampshire Park's courts are even lit after dark.
This park maintains both general and hockey skating rinks and a warming house. Outdoor skating season is dictated by weather, but it usually runs from mid-December through mid-February.
Find More Outdoor Ice Skating Rinks: Skate the Twin Cities: Where To Find Free Outdoor Ice Rinks