How will you be celebrating Dad this Father’s Day? If your plans include time spent together, here are some ideas around town to make his day extra special:
Thanks to our Father’s Day Guide Sponsor Glow in One Mini Golf.
6/17: Make a Dad’s Day Card @ Lakeshore Learning, Maplewood or St. Louis Park • 11am-3pm • Details: Drop in. Ages 3 and up.
6/17: Free Day and Block Party @ Minnesota Children’s Museum, St. Paul • 9am-8pm • Details: Check out all the new additions. This is a special day for all! Just reserve your free tickets ahead. The block party is completely free and runs from 9 am-4 pm on West 7th Street.
6/18: Target Free 3rd Sunday @ Minnesota Children’s Museum, St. Paul • 9am-8pm (extended hours) • Details: Check out all the new additions. This is the first Free 3rd Sunday after the renovation, so you will need to reserve your free tickets ahead.
6/18: Nature’s Best Dads @ Richardson Nature Center, Bloomington • 3pm-4pm • Details: The weekly Free Family Fun Day will focus on dads in nature this week.
FATHER’S DAY EVENTS – FREE FOR DAD
Father’s Day Weekend @ Oliver Kelley Farm, Elk River • Sat 10am-5pm, Sun 12-5pm • Details: Another recently renovated attraction to check out. Dads are free when accompanied by a child; help with building and repairs around the farm, care for the livestock and more activities.
FATHER’S DAY EVENTS – PAID
6/16: Father’s Day Robotics Workshop @ Snapology • 1-3pm • Details: Build an awesome helicopter and race car! Build, program, and interact with robotic vehicles, add sounds and sensors, make them move. $20.
MORE IDEAS ON CELEBRATING WITH DAD
6/16-6/18: Stone Arch Bridge Festival, Minneapolis • Family highlights: Take a stroll across the bridge to seek out the Family Activities Area with birdhouse-building, games, and a family photo opp. While in the area, arm yourself with 10 Things for Kids: Stone Arch Bridge in Minneapolis.
6/17: Brunch & Braids Boot Camp @Wishing Tree Play Cafe • 9:30 am, 10:30 am, 11:30 am • Details: $30 Registration Fee includes Braid Boot Camp Class taught by stylists from White Bear Lake’s Urban Edge Cuts, One admission to the Play Café (dads are always free), Two traditional crepes, Free hot coffee for dad, An organic juice box for daughters
6/18: Ski Otter’s Water Ski Show @ White Bear Lake’s Little Goose Lake • 6 pm • Details: Little Goose Lake is located at the intersection of Hwy. 61 and County Road F in White Bear Lake.
Take a Hike @ various parks around the Twin Cities • Trails are usually open from sunrise to sunset • Details: Some of our favorite trails include
- Minnehaha Falls, Minneapolis
- Eloise Butler Wildflower Garden and Bird Sanctuary, Minneapolis
- Wood Lake Nature Center, Richfield
- Fort Snelling State Park, St. Paul
- “Love You To Pieces” Picture Frame• Build a square with popsicle sticks and glue. Around the square glue puzzle pieces to cover the popsicle sticks. Cut out a nice label and write “Love You to Pieces”. Glue it on the bottom of the frame.
- Dad Poster • Cut out large letters for D-A-D. Approximately 4 inches wide by 6 inches high. Ask each child why he/she loves dad and write on strips of paper. Glue all pieces to a large piece of poster board. Add a string on the back to hang it on the wall.
- Nuts About Dad• Fill a clean jar with Dad’s favorite nuts. Use this label that reads, “We’re Nuts about you Dad” and paste it on the front with washi tape or glue.
More ideas from around the internet
More Family Fun Ideas: