Victory Park is across 45th Avenue from Victory Memorial Parkway. Family-friendly amenities include a playground and tot lot, a wading pool, room for picnicking, restrooms and a drinking fountain and sports fields and courts.
6 Fun Things for Families to Do at Victory Park
- Enjoy the playground. The equipment is standard, but the floor is a soft sand. Mature trees shade portions of the playground and there are benches for parents who would rather take the time to relax. Note this playground is shared with the attached school.
- Practice Your Shots. Bring a basketball to play a game of one on one or Horse.
- Bring a Picnic. Have a lunch under one of those mature trees or at one of the picnic tables provided.
- Kick a Ball Around. This park has a soccer field where you can practice dribbling or maybe play a game of dodge ball together!
- Volley A Tennis Ball. Or if your kids are small, you can practice your serve and they can be your ball chaser.
- Take a Dip in the Wading Pool and soon splash in the fancy new splash pad!
Victory Park Wading Pool
Because Victory Park shares space with Loring Elementary School and there are no lifeguards on duty; the wading pool opens after school releases in early June and closes before school resumes in late August. Summer wading pool hours are 10:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Victory Park Splash Pad Coming
2021 Note: This project is on hold as the bids came in above budget. MPRB is considering its options - one of which may be to separate the splash pad from the other work when gathering bids. Either way, it is unlikely we'll see a splash pad in 2021.
Minneapolis Parks & Rec is in the process of an improvement project to Victory Park. We look forward to the finished project that will include a new Splash Pad to replace the old wading pool. It will include separate areas for bigger and smaller kids, plus seating and gathering areas that adults can take advantage of while their kids play. This new splash pad looks like it will be similar to the one at Nicollet Commons Park in Burnsville, which doubles as a decorative water fountain, complete with plantings and shade structures.