Valley Place Park in Crystal is a 12-acre community park with family-friendly amenities that include a playground and sports fields and courts. Neighbors love this park in the winter, with its ice rinks and sledding hill with a warming house that includes a restroom. There are portable restrooms when the building is closed. There are two parking lots with plenty of off-street parking.
10 Ideas for Family Fun at Valley Place Park
- Play on the playground. The unique equipment is older, but well maintained and on the larger side.
- Bring a playground ball to play kickball on the baseball diamond.
- Challenge your kid to a game of one-one-one on the basketball court
- Bring your dog. The ice rinks are used as off leash dog areas in the summer. Outside of this area, dogs should be leashed. The city keeps cleanup bags available year round for visitor convenience in removing dog waste.
- Stroll Around the Park. The walking path is stroller friendly and approximately 0.8 miles around the whole park.
- Try Tennis. The park has three tennis courts.
- Ga Ga Go! Bring a playground ball to play Gaga Ball in the park's pit.
- Swap books at the Little Free Library.
- Sled the big hill. This hill is popular, but there is room enough to spread out.
- Ice Skate. The city maintains two rinks in winter.
Winter in Valley Place Park
Valley Place is considered Crystal's primary winter season park. It is one of three parks in Crystal with a supervised outdoor ice rink and a warming house. It also maintains two hockey rinks. Crystal maintains its rinks from mid-December through mid-February, weather and ice conditions permitting.
This park also has a good-sized sledding hill that is lit until 10 p.m. Sleds and tubes are welcome.
The park offers one shelter that is available to rent for birthday parties and other private events. It holds up to 50 people and has a charcoal grill available. Rental prices range from $52 to $70, depending on the day of the week and resident status.
Updates to Valley Place Park
The City of Crystal plans to replace the play area in 2021. Crystal plans improvements to the trails and restrooms as well. Find more information about park updates here.