Rosemount Central Park is a 10 acre park located northwest of City Hall on Robert Trail and is closely connected to several other parks, including Erickson Park, Schwarz Pond Park and Carroll's Wood. Rosemount Highschool, Irish Sports Dome and Rosemount Community Center are also all in that general area. The park hosts several community events throughout the year, including Leprechaun Days, outdoor movies and concerts. Amenities include off-street parking and both indoor and portable restrooms.
5 Ideas for Family Fun at Rosemount Central Park
- Let the kids splash in the splash pad while you relax in the adjacent shelter.
- Nature Walk. The Koch Minnesota Trail is a paved path that winds through natural areas of Central and Ericksen Park. The circular path is slightly less than a mile around.
- Play on the Playground. The equipment is standard but has a fun tropical theme, where kids could pretend to be monkeys or pirates or the Swiss Family Robinson.
- Ice Skate in Winter. The park has both pleasure and hockey rinks with a warming house.
- Attend a Community Event. The amphitheater offers grassy seating and the city hosts music and movies during the summer. Annual events include Leprechaun Days and the Halloween Trail.
Rosemount Splash Pad
The park is home to a large Splash Pad where kids can run under sprays of water on non-slip concrete and play in little "rivers" that move throughout the spray deck in a maze pattern. Parents, who would rather stay dry and hang out at one of the picnic tables in the adjacent covered shelter. The Splash Pad is open seasonally from 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
This video from KidsFun shows the splash pad architectural features and gives a short overview of the park.