Margaret Park has family friendly amenities including a large playground, sports fields and a sledding hill. The recreation center was recently removed to provide more green space in the 3 1/2 acre park.
The playground at this park was most recently updated in 2017. The new play structure is modern and large for the size of the park, offering a variety of difficulty levels for children of all ages. The playground floor is sand.
5 Fun Things for Families at Margaret Park
- Let the kids run wild on the playground while you relax with a cup of coffee on one of the nearby benches or picnic tables.
- Have a family cook out. This park offers a grill near the picnic area.
- Bring a soccer ball and practice your skills on the field, or
- Use the green space to play your favorite lawn game. Need ideas? 60 Fun Outdoor Games for Kids.
- Run the bases on the softball field
Sledding at Margaret Park
The sledding hill at this location is considered a gentle slope and is probably best for smaller children (and the parents who have to carry them back up the hill). Find more information and safety tips at the St. Paul Parks Department sledding page. Find more sledding hills here: Twin Cities Guide to the Best Sledding Hills.