1845 49th Ave NE, Columbia Heights, MN 55421
Scroll down for an Anoka County Registration Link
Hours of Operation:
Mon. 05:00 AM – 10:00 PM
Tue. 05:00 AM – 10:00 PM
Wed. 05:00 AM – 10:00 PM
Thu. 05:00 AM – 10:00 PM
Fri. 05:00 AM – 10:00 PM
Sat. 05:00 AM – 10:00 PM
Sun. 05:00 AM – 10:00 PM
Kordiak County Park is a 30-acre Anoka County park in Columbia Heights near the high school and Highland Elementary campus. It is a beautiful park for picnic or family stroll.
6 Ideas for Family Fun at Kordiak County Park
- Play on the playground. The playground is a good size with elements for all ages. The floor is wood chip.
- Pack a Picnic. Because this park is near shopping and restaurants (Target, Aldi, Sonic Drive-In and more), we like to bring a picnic and let the kids run around the playground while we relax over a grown up picnic. There is also a good-sized, reservable picnic shelter available and scattered tables and grills throughout the park.
- Explore the beautiful park. Before heading out from our picnic play date, we can take a family stroll along the paths. Even when there are several groups, this park tends to feel spacious. Although it is not on our Kid-Friendly Hikes list, it would make a good starter sport for tot hikes. The paths are paved, so you can bring a stroller in case they get tired and the park is right in the city of Columbia Heights, so there is no need to drive a long way for your hike.
- Look for turtles. Turtles tend to gather and sun themselves on the northern side of the lake.
- View the World War II howitzer cannon that has been a part of Kordiak since the 1950s.
- Take a rest on the observation deck and watch wildlife on Highland Lake.