In 2022 Saint Patrick’s Day falls on a Thursday. Some events will be celebrated on St. Patrick’s Day (always March 17th) and others will take place on the weekend before or after the holiday.
2023 Saint Patrick’s Day Celebrations around the Twin Cities
100 85th Ave NW, Fridley, MN 55432
TBA: Leprechaun’s Gold Scavenger Hunt | 4-6pm.
Drop in for snowmen making and a scavenger hunt for Leprechaun’s gold. There will also be s’mores and snow painting. (FREE)
75 W 5th St, St Paul, MN 55102
The Landmark Center traditionally hosts two Irish celebrations each year. As of February 17th, details have not been announced, but updates are promised.
- March 17, 2023: Saint Patrick’s Day Irish Celebration | 10am-5pm.
A day of Irish culture with music, dance and vendors. ($7-$9/pp)
- March 19, 2023: An Irish Day of Dance | 10am-5pm.
Experience Celtic music and dancing ($5/pp)
Twin Cities St. Patrick’s Day Parades
Downtown Saint Paul
Mears Park, 221 5th St E, St Paul, MN 55101
CHS Field, 360 N Broadway St, St Paul, MN 55101
March 17, 2023: Saint Paul St. Patrick’s Day Parade | Noon.
The parade starts at Mears Park and ends with a post-parade party at CHS Field, with musical entertainment provided by The Northerly Gales and Tim Sigler.
40th Avenue NE & Van Buren St., Columbia Heights, MN 55421
Murzyn Hall, 530 Mill St NE, Columbia Heights, MN 55421
March 17, 2023: Minneapolis St. Patrick Day Parade | 6pm.
The parade will start at 6pm, followed by a Blarney Blast at Murzyn Hall. The Parade is FREE. Blarney Blast is $10/ages 12+ and $5/ages 6-11. Free for 5 an under.
American Legion, 10 12th Avenue S., Hopkins, MN 55343
Elks Lodge, 30 8th Avenue S., Hopkins, MN 55343
TBA: World’s Shortest St. Patrick’s Day Parade | 5pm.
This parade is open to anyone and is only 4 blocks long. Don’t be late.
Saint Patrick’s Day Fun at Home
St. Patrick’s Day is just around the corner. I don’t know about you, but I love this “holiday.” It’s a fun one for me because there are no expectations. If we forget it, it’s okay–nobody is worse for the wear. If we celebrate it, EVERYONE in the family has fun.
- Lucky Rainbow Chain for St. Patrick’s Day from Crafty Morning
- Clover Sun Catcher from Pink Stripey Socks
- Shamrock Shake Copycat Recipe from Dinner & Dessert – One suggestion I would make for the shake is start with 1/8 tsp of peppermint extract and then add to taste!
- Read and Listen to Mike Mulligan & His Steam Shovel from Maestro Classics this month. Grab the book from Bookshop.org.
- ArtStart – Going Green Goes Irish! Color Kit Buy Anytime: Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with an ArtStart Creativity Kit that includes shamrocks, gold and green sparkly peel and stick and a wee bit of Irish charm. Perfect for decorating or creating your own imaginative art work! $35/kit; pick up or have shipped for an additional $8.
St. Patrick’s Day Scavenger Hunt.
Why wait for Easter for a good hunt? Hide gold coins for the kids to find around the house, leaving scavenger hunt clues from a lucky leprechaun. Gianna has suggestions for a DIY Scavenger Hunt here.
Past events we are watching:
We hope to see some of these other annual events come back for 2023. We’ll watch them and let you know.
- FREE Rides from MetroTransit – MetroTransit traditionally offers free rides on St. Patrick’s Day.
- Saint Paul Farmers Market had cooking demonstrations in the past. Learn more.
- Irish Heritage Weekend | The James J Hill House.
*This post contains affiliate links to Amazon, Fun.com & Maestro Classics. Family Fun Twin Cities receives a small commission on sales through our site. As an amazon affiliate, FFTC earns through qualified purchases.
This article also includes an affiliate link to Bookshop.org, an online bookstore with a mission to financially support local, independent bookstores. Family Fun Twin Cities receives a small commission on books ordered through our link. If you want to find a specific local bookstore to support, find them on this map and they’ll receive the full profit off your order. Otherwise, your order will contribute to an earnings pool that will be evenly distributed among independent bookstores (even those that don’t use Bookshop). Learn more here.