Open Eye Figure Theatre is nationally recognized for bringing a visual feast of evocative figure theater to the stage. Each summer, they bring their popular driveway tour to backyard audiences around the Twin Cities.
Discounted Tickets to Open Eye Figure Theatre
Open Eye holds 10% of each shows tickets to be sold at a discount for economic availability. If tickets remain at the door, they will be sold as a pay-as-your-able.
Find Upcoming Performances on our Performing Arts: Plan Ahead Calendar.
Art Gallery at Open Eye Figure Theatre
The theatre has a community art gallery on site with a rotating collection of art. Find current and upcoming exhibits here. Currently, the gallery is only open during performance times or by arrangement. The building opens an hour before any performance. Admittance to the gallery is free.
2021 Driveway Tour
Open Eye may be best known for their annual Driveway Tour. Each summer Open Eye tours driveways all around the Twin Cities with a rotating performance schedule. Learn more here. The 2021 Shows follow:
THE AMAZING COW BOAT: The wet and wild story of a boy named Charlie who loves playing in the bathtub. His imagination comes alive as he pretends he is the captain of a boat that is part cow, part boat, and totally amazing! Together Charlie and his Cow Boat meet pirates, a nest of baby birds and visit the Moon!
- June 13th at 3pm: Turbo Tim's Anything Automotive, 2823 Central Ave NE, Minneapolis
- June 13th at 6pm: 3100 Lilac Drive North, Golden Valley
- June 17th at 6:30pm: 5301 37th Ave S., Minneapolis
- June 19th at 11am: East Side Freedom Library, 1105 Greenbrier St., St. Paul
- June 19th at 6pm: Dayton's Bluff Community Garden, 683 E North St., St. Paul
- June 20th at 3pm: 2521 Edgerton St., Little Canada
- June 24th at 6pm: House of Hope, 797 Summit Ave., St. Paul
- June 26th at 2pm: Eat My Words! Bookstore, 214 13th Ave NE., Minneapolis
- July 2nd at 6pm: 3346 17th Ave S, Minneapolis
- July 3rd at 2pm: 3837 3rd Ave S, Minneapolis
- July 10th at 1pm: Mill City Museum, 704 S 2nd St, Minneapolis
- July 10th at 6pm: 2679 Riviera Dr S., White Bear Lake
- July 17th at 1pm: 2822 NE Taylor St, Minneapolis
- July 21 at 11am: Whittier Community Cooperative, 2609 Blaisdell Ave., Minneapolis
- July 21st at 6pm: 4656 Clinton Ave., Minneapolis
- July 24th at 2pm: 16071 Goodview Ct., Lakeville
- July 28th at 6pm: 8835 Fremont Ave S., Bloomington
- August 7th at 4pm: 3626 Belden Dr NE, St. Anthony Village
- August 15th at 2pm: 3626 14th Ave S., Minneapolis
History of Open Eye Theatre
In 2016, Gianna interviewed Michelle Pett, a member of the board of directors of Open Eye. During that interview, Gianna asked the following question: